Do you lead, follow or get the f*ck out of the way?

I prefer to...

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, rather simple, do you?

Are you a guy/gal who takes charge, takes no sh*t, and leads people, no matter what the situation and even sometimes when the people don't need leading?

Or are you a follower, happily following other people, taking no responsibility, but, might end up getting killed because some numbnuts decided to pull the lever?

Or do you just get the f*ck out of the way? You don't want to lead, you don't want to follow, you actualyl don't give a cr*p where people are going and go about your own business. Even if the faith of the world was riding on it, you'd just pay for your soda and go watch the sunset.

Himse

FH is my second home
i voted follow, im a bit of a lead / follow so.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i voted follow, im a bit of a lead / follow so.

Had to put myself in the same category, i don't mind taking control, but i don't really give that much cr*p about things, so just along.

I'm trying to get to the "get the f*ck out of the way" department, as it seems to work wonders.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
It depends on the situation. I'll lead if i think people are able to follow. I'll follow if i think the leader is able to lead - which they almost always are. One doesn't have to exclude the other. I only stay out of the way if it's on a matter that i don't give a damn about.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Yeah i like to lead, but dont mind following if the leader is capable. If he isnt then i will only spend the whole time questioning their orders

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I try to lead when i know what to do, or when people cant make up their fucking minds (this bar or that bar?). Else i stay clear because who needs a leader that doesnt know where to go...

I enjoy following when i dont give a damn about where were going tho :D

so a bit of both :p - voted follow ^_^

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
As long as someones got a decent enough plan, i'll follow.
I'll admit i'm no leader, but I am up for causing chaos werever i'm needed.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As enough people have voted, and to save someone the trouble of complaining about my poles(hrhr), i have a follow up question, answer if you like:

For the leaders:

Did you vote leader because you REALLY take control of all situations, or mainly did you vote leader because you don't want to sound weak?

For the followers:

Did you vote follower because you really don't care for being an authority, or did you vote follower because it's an "easy" choice.

For the "GTFOOTW";

Did you vote that because you really don't care, or did you vote that to sound cool?

Honestly now *grin*

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Totally depends on the situation, and the people. Lets say if we are trapped in the wilderness, if they just accept that i know what i'm doin and will listen then fine i will lead, if there is a mr/mrs know it all that dont know shit about survival taht has to argue go fuck yourself. I dont take crap from you my boss or my ex.

Or if i'm in a situation where i dont know shit, i will be happy to follow.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Definate GTFOOTW here. Can't stand being a sheep, absolutely detest leading a herd, and would much rather wander off and do my own thing. Hell, guess that even applies to the old DAOC days, while everyone else was off dinging 50 on their first characters I was pumping out armour :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I am a giver, not a taker.

Selfish bastard.

Don't mind giving it up the gloryhole, but won't take one up yourself!

Bet you've never seen that twisted like that *grin and bow*

Olgaline

FH is my second home
depends really dosent it ?

If you feel you hold significant knowledge you'll be inclined to want to "lead" and if you dont you'll be more inclined to follow someone who seems to know?
at least for the most part, I am aware that there are people who fall outside of this general description

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Similar to what Levin said I think.

I prefer to follow in most instances, but if the leader is incompetent then I'd rather lead than have to follow someone who's going to fux up - even if that means leading people who are crap at following.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
depends really dosent it ?

If you feel you hold significant knowledge you'll be inclined to want to "lead" and if you dont you'll be more inclined to follow someone who seems to know?
at least for the most part, I am aware that there are people who fall outside of this general description

I find that someone who is good at leading tends to be good at delegating tasks to people who are better suited at doing things.

If I hold significant knowledge in something I would expect a good leader to delegant tasks that fall within this field to me. I would expect an inexperienced/incompetent leader to try and do everything themselves, or to delegate tasks arbitrarily without asking/considering people's field of expertise.

For this reason I would be happy to follow a good leader even if I have alot of relevent knowledge, similarly I would prefer to lead myself, rather than follow a bad leader.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
there is a small group of our friends who dont put up with shit faffing around e.g. waiting for girls to get ready 2 hours after they said they would be ready. so, in that instance it is kinda me and a couple of my mates who decide to lead. if people want to follow thats up to them.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
GTFOOTW here. I´m a good teamplayer when I have to, but when I have the choice, I tend to stay on my own.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
sorry toh im a bit of all 3, its just whatevers best for the particular situation.

im waffley versitile!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Had to put myself in the same category, i don't mind taking control, but i don't really give that much cr*p about things, so just along.

I'm trying to get to the "get the f*ck out of the way" department, as it seems to work wonders.

yep, dont mind leading but usually see the situation if anybody dont wanna do it or the person leading really really sucks ill take over. else its quite nice to follow when people know their shit (i.e. if a soldier came and said evacuate now! i would follow for 2 reason: Gun and possible education)

As enough people have voted(...)Honestly now...

people mostly ask themselves this when you post though.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Well, rather simple, do you?

Are you a guy/gal who takes charge, takes no sh*t, and leads people, no matter what the situation and even sometimes when the people don't need leading?

Or are you a follower, happily following other people, taking no responsibility, but, might end up getting killed because some numbnuts decided to pull the lever?

Or do you just get the f*ck out of the way? You don't want to lead, you don't want to follow, you actualyl don't give a cr*p where people are going and go about your own business. Even if the faith of the world was riding on it, you'd just pay for your soda and go watch the sunset.

....none of the above.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i've noticed i take charge quite a lot. not because i'm asked to or expected to, it just happens.
eg: today, we had a lot to do at work. so i just started organizing it and i had to leave early, so i had to tell everyone what needed to be finished before tomorrow :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There are only leaders and followers

If you're a leader, you're:

templar-l.jpg

If you're not a leader, you're:

couch_potato.jpg

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Don't get it.
was ment for the 2 things you said about "fuck off"'ers and leaders. when you post people often (i do, and i have a hard time believing im the only one) consider those 2 options (posting to be "cool" or not to "sound wack")

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
was ment for the 2 things you said about "fuck off"'ers and leaders. when you post people often (i do, and i have a hard time believing im the only one) consider those 2 options (posting to be "cool" or not to "sound wack")

Ah that old thing, well, not gonna get into that AGAIN.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well you posted it originally thinking that people might think like that. now i said what i think you might have thought when you posted something

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well you posted it originally thinking that people might think like that. now i said what i think you might have thought when you posted something

The thing is, what i asked as a follow up, was not meant as an offensive "you post because you want to sound cool/be controversial/do this", while the age old "tohtori posts like this because..." thing is.

I posted that follow-up, not thinking people think something, but as a thing that interested me of internet behaviour. Do some post like that? Do people vote some way on forums, that they wouldn't in real life? And so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom