Do We Have A Doctor In The House?

Damini

Part of the furniture
I'm sure we had a trainee doctor at least knocking about the old forums... I need to ask someone some advice for my book with regards to how you'd treat someone in hospital with a head injury, and so far my search on ICQ for helpful people has ended up with me hoping against all hope that this people are lying about being doctors in the hope that people will cyber sex them.

"I and doctor A E you know."

:eek7:

Anyone know a doctor they can throw at me?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
why not wander down to your local hospital

say you're an author working on a book, and need some medical details on treatment of head injuries.

They'll be sure to give you a hand :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
I've been googling, it's just it's a specific scenario where This, This and That has happened, so would the doctors do this, this and/or that? I'm just a bit wary of going down to a busy hospital and wasting people's time, and the receptionists at my local doctors are pure undiluted evil.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Hover around your local doc's surgery and pounce on him when he comes out. Failing that you could always try e-mailing various medical students at some of the major medical colleges and ask them for help. Med students are usually only toooooo glad to be able to show off their knowledge to the common lay (wo)man.

Tilda

Damini said:
I've been googling, it's just it's a specific scenario where This, This and That has happened, so would the doctors do this, this and/or that? I'm just a bit wary of going down to a busy hospital and wasting people's time, and the receptionists at my local doctors are pure undiluted evil.
Both my parents are doctors, if you PM me or post here I can get them to reply.

Tilda

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Prescribe fire for what? I don't even believe you are a medical doctor, Lox. You're just trying to impress Damini again. :/

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
the only thing i know about doctors is they have bad english and cant write properly oh r they supposed to do other stuff ?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Dude...go see a real doctor next time and not the ones that live in those dark alleys giving out free abortions and prescription pads! :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sissyfoo said:
Dude...go see a real doctor next time and not the ones that live in those dark alleys giving out free abortions and prescription pads! :D
hey, mine is a very respectable profession! You will kindly refrain from dissin' me bish!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
hey, mine is a very respectable profession! You will kindly refrain from dissin' me bish!

Yea, yea! I seen yo jive ass practise, hommz! Yo is whippin' out purple jelly shee-it from mah bruvvas and sistas and sellin' dat shee-it on da black market, foo'!

...I want in!

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
the only thing i know about doctors is they have bad english and cant write properly oh r they supposed to do other stuff ?

What? :eek7:

Conchabar - A martyr for the illiterate.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Fire is good for two things; burning evidence and killing mutants.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
aaah.... i cant hold back any longer, been trying and trying and trying but im just a weakminded liddul person...

Wanna play doctor with me Damini? :p

:sex:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
What kind of head injury are we talking about here?

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000028.htm

Since i dont know how bad the injury is ill link you here.

I can tell you what my A+E dept would do.

1. Patient details aquired.
2. analysis of symptons (Doctor currently working A+E would do this)
3. Since the patient would already be wearing a neck brace (from the paramedics/Ambulancemen) the main concern would be to test the blood to check on the clotting factors/thickness of the blood and some basic Liver/Renal function. also a Full blood Count would be needed.

If the patient is concious and the blood results confirm that there has been no abnormalities in the blood it would be a simple case of rest and checking up on the patient.
if a more major head injury is feared further testing would be needed to deduce what exactly is wrong (internal bleeding or permanent damage to the brain or outlying fluidic sac)

I would see your local GP and see if he knows any doctors who could give you a bit more information. :cheers:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Dont take any risks with head injuries, there are all types of stupid things that give off only minor symptoms and could be something potentialy life threatening. Go seek medical advice in the real world :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think you need a piece of paper or a custom title to know that you treat someone with a head injury.......

very, very gently :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom