Do pets effect droprate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pudzy

Farming DF recently im using my lvl 50 44mind/30body with a full buffed Charmed necro pet - kills nightmars pretty solo tbh - after farming DF absolutely TONS in midgard with my warrior+shammy I got used to Diamonds dropping almost every mob.. but with this new combo, I'm hardly getting any seals at times, I've gone through 5 nightmares in a row just now and they all dropped BoC's.. I know its random but this is beyond random, it's so bad that it's got me, a complete pve hoe in the past, questiong something in pve :(. Is there something between the amount of damage your pet inflicts and the amount yourself inflicts that effects this? Or anything else?

A

Aoln

pets seem to fuck up most things so wouldnt be suprising :eek:

C

cHodAX

Drop rate seems much lower for soloers or small groups since patch Pudz. Only consistent droppers are Hulks I am told but they are a pain for my necro to get too.

Y

Yussef

I know pets over level 54 are buggy when it comes to loot purposes, so maybe effects other things too even with a lower pet ;o

O

old.Bubble

with my friar i get a normal ammount of drops from diamond mobs
2 to 4 from succs , most i got was 8 from a Knight...might be the pet but i'm not sure tbh

K

kreig

From what ive heard from Steveirwin, he says that if he pets too high a mob (57 +), anything he kills doesnt drop loot. Perhaps try with a slightly lower pet.

D

dozigden

Have had no problems getting consistant drop rates on y/o/r/p mobs with my bd pets.

D

Danya

Who does most of thw ork dozi, you or the pets? It's generally only an issue if the pet is doing most of the work, which is obviously always the case with necros.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I'm almost certain drops are calculated when the mob is spawned, not when it is killed. It just makes more sense, programatically.

In which case it's unlikely that the presence of pets has anything to do with anything. Drops are not like XP, which changes depending on the circumstances of the kill and has to be calculated accordingly.

It's a shame you can't give stuff to mobs like you can in EQ. In EQ you could give mobs loot and it would stay on them until they dropped - it was a nice way to reward newbies who were out killing rats. It could also be pretty nasty as some mobs could use weapons/armour you gave them (very evul).

O

old.linnet

He's not a necro. He's a sorc using a necyomancer pet ...

IME, not really worth farming diamonds with a sorcerer. I get better cash over time using confuse to farm sapphires instead.

edite to add: Programmatically (is that a word), it's probably easier to calculate the drops when the mob dies. Saves on storage ;) All you need when the mob spawns is a random loot table with all the percentages on it. But if you are doing enough damage to get cash, I'd normally expect to get normal loot too.

U

ub3rninja

[Midgard Prydwen]
-Level 50 Shadowblade Pudz
-Level 50 Savage Pudzie
-Level 50 Warrior Pudzeh
-Level 50 Spiritmaster Pudzy
-Level 50 Healer Cindyz
-Level 50 Shaman Cindy
-Level 50 Runemaster Pudzii
-Level 4x Bonedancer Pudza
Retired.
----------------------------
[Albion Prydwen]
-Level 50 Infiltrator Loveduck
-Level 50 Sorcerer Rhaydzoft
-Level 3x Paladin Pudzis
Active.

rar thts 1 beast of a sig :m00: :m00:

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
I'm almost certain drops are calculated when the mob is spawned, not when it is killed. It just makes more sense, programatically.

Explain?

Why is it better to have data stored on a mob, potentially indefintly, from when it is spawned?

Why is it not easier to calculate loot if, and when the mob dies?

It doesnt make any more sense programatically, infact it makes less sense as you have every mob in the game storing extra data - which does actually build up if you think of how many mobs are spawned.

From a gameplay POV, say like in UO, EQ, where you can interact with what the mob is carrying loot wise, it makes sense, but programatically, I dont agree.

Mythic have stated numerous times on herald that loot is calculated on-death, and is random.

There are probably issues with charms doing too much of the "killing" effecting the chance to drop. If mincers are reporting that loot does not drop from a mob after killing it with a lvl 57 charm I would say its a fair guess. However 5 nightmares dropping BoC isnt really much to base a theory off, could be just "bad luck"

M

Maeloch

Originally posted by Yussef
I know pets over level 54 are buggy when it comes to loot purposes, so maybe effects other things too even with a lower pet ;o

It used to be lvl54 and over pets that did this. If they landed a hit on a mob u were farming, u would get no drops, cash, or xp. Was fixed in 1.62 tho' and been happy farming with 54+ pets since.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Yussef

All i can say is.. NERF beeing able to have pets higher then level 50.. no pets should be higher then 44 imo

D

dozigden

Originally posted by Danya
Who does most of thw ork dozi, you or the pets? It's generally only an issue if the pet is doing most of the work, which is obviously always the case with necros.

Generally i let the pets do it unless things go bad - i do tend to finsh off with a lifetap though - i guess i get impatient:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread