Do people get humped by nature?

russell

FH is my second home
Not trying to be funny Russ. But do your medical qualifications give you reason for your concern about the MMR being too "loaded" for a 2 year old? ;)

No I appreciate that I not medically qualified -should I put a disclaimer;)?
-Only a parent of 3.

They just get alot at once. At 3/4.... Measles, mumps and rubella in one arm and polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diptheria in the other, and then to add chicken pox????. But it must be fine right, otherwise the government wouldn't make us do it.:D

rynnor

Rockhound
At 3/4.... Measles, mumps and rubella in one arm and polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diptheria in the other, and then to add chicken pox????. But it must be fine right, otherwise the government wouldn't make us do it.:D

Theres an inherent risk in all vaccinations but obviously its greatly outweighed by the benefits.

The main reason kids get a lot of vaccinations at once is because many people fail to turn up for such appointments so once their in the door much better to give em the lot than risk them not turning up for multiple appointments and potentially not being vaccinated against something nasty.

It is possible that giving the lot at once might slightly increase the risks but we are talking tiny theoretical risk weighed against the very real risk of people missing jabs.

If your immune system is basically healthy multiple jabs are fine.

Edit - I bet the risk of die'ing or suffering permanent damage from chickenpox is a lot less than the risk of another jab - personally I love vaccinations and am looking to get my youngest vaccinated against chickenpox!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
personally I love vaccinations and am looking to get my youngest vaccinated against chickenpox!

You sadist f*ck :D

Just sounds funy out of context that all, no offense.

I do agree on getting all at once, shamefully the current healthcare im in, is a greedy f*Cktard of an operation.

I suggested they test out some extra stuff with the usual bloodwork, they said they need an extra thingyjaggamadoodidaa for it(as always). I wouldn't mind but...

...it costs the same as the other treatment and via checking it, i noticed that it costs basically the same for two things to be checked as one.

Ah well, that's modern society for ya.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Its all down to telemeric shortening I'm afraid.

Cells have a limited capacity to divide, a finite number of cell divisions leading to replicative senescence, differentiation or apoptosis (programmed cell death`)

Also telemeric shortenig is linked to increased risk of cancer with aging...replicative fidelity decreases.

Essentially biology fucks you over.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
There's a mini outbreak of measles in a couple of local schools. The newpaper and radio are all "OMG! Measles! Vaccinate! Vaccinate! Vaccinate!".
It's almost like the Daleks have invaded. :)

I had mumps when I was 6, measles at 7, and chickenpox at 8. I felt a bit blech, I stayed in bed and had the curtains closed. I got over them without any incident. Measles along with chickenpox and mumps were childhood illnesses that a majority of kids caught and got over. Okay, mumps isn't pleasant and it can be dangerous in adult men (orchitis) but people get over it.

I agree with the idea of vaccinating against many diseases at once. The less injections, the better. Vaccines contain a chemical additive called an adjuvant which essentially hypes up the immune response. The most common one is Aluminium Hydroxide so if you have more shots, you're injecting more poison. Yes, aluminium is a cumulative poison. Go google about it.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
The current scare about measles is that in about 1 in 10 cases is can cause encephalitis...which is very dangerous and can be fatal, and its difficult for an untrained person to notice in its early stages, hence the push to vaccinate.

Re: the aging argument. What Toht was saying about young people not necessarily dying from things old people die from etc etc....if thats the case why are the fatality rates from things like MRSA and C Diff so much higher in the very old and very young? Its bacause their bodies aren't equipped to deal with overwhelming infection. They either don't have an immune system yet, or they've used it all up. And just to back myself up, I am a medical bod and speak from personal experince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom