Do I need to be a bearded Black Sabbath fan...

S

Summo

... to enjoy this game? What I mean is, do I need to be into AD&D and the like to enjoy it, or can I dive in, learn a bit and get cracking?

Played DAoC for a while and enjoyed it until it got too repetitive. How does NWN differ in terms of gameplay? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who bought this on a whim, or anyone who doesn't normally play RPGs. And the ret of you, I suppose. :p

Thank YOU.

/edit:
(Moderated by: Bym , Xavier )
Awww, bless 'em. :D

O

old.Cask

Nah. The hardest bit is the character creation but even there you have the option of choosing some of the predefined options. You don't have to learn any stupid rulesets or anything (but the aurora editor thingy looks a bit complicated).

Some similarities and some differences with DAoC but suffice to say it got 10 barrys so it has to be good :)

X

Xtro

SUMMO! :)

Get it bought, you'll love it :) Its nothing like daoc - you can very easily dip in and out if you want, good fun single player but much better multi. If you dont want full on geek role play just go on the action or pvp servers.

Look forward to nuking your arse sir ;)

D

Damini

Nah, don't fret Summo. Even though I played D&D and all that caboodle, even then I never understood the dice rolls. I'd just enthuasiasticly throw dice and get told whether or not I lived or died. Mostly died (*the blade slices through your velvet armour, you huge tart*). And in this all that is pretty much done for you. Health bar shows how healthy you are, the more +numbers by a weapon, the better it is... It explains really well what each different character is like, what each skill does, what each alignment means... at every step theres a fool proof guide that stops even me putting all my skill points in origami and basket weaving :)

You don't need to be into DnD at all.

S

Summo

Right. I'm sold. I'll try to pick it up tomorrow. (£40, though. Ouch!). Thank you very much, good people. :)

Xtro - Hah! We'll see! You haven't allowed for my +7 Abusive Language of Rondor.

X

Xavier

heh don't worry summo - unlike DAoC which boils down to EXPing NwN is full of questy goodness...

N

Nightchill

Yer you dont need any real knowledge of D&D, saying that I didnt think you did for either of the BG games. Most of what you do need to know (what stat does what, how many extra spells you get at XX Int etc.) is explained nicely in the manual :)

If you really do want to know more of the rules, you can get the D20 rules (which d&d uses) for free online @ http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

X

Xavier

Originally posted by Nightchill
Yer you dont need any real knowledge of D&D, saying that I didnt think you did for either of the BG games. Most of what you do need to know (what stat does what, how many extra spells you get at XX Int etc.) is explained nicely in the manual :)

If you really do want to know more of the rules, you can get the D20 rules (which d&d uses) for free online @ http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
bearded Black Sabbath fan alert!!

hmm, black sabbath? most of the people I saw queueing for copies looked like ZZ top rejects!

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Xavier

most of the people I saw queueing for copies looked like ZZ top rejects!
You mean their beards were only 2 foot long? ;)

X

Xavier

actually it was a horrid sight... John (Gypsycurse) and I trundled into GAME to pass a bunch of guys who could have BEEN ZZ Top opening their copies in the street with great care so they could get out the map and manual to read as they walked home... I mean these guys were treating the boxes with such reverence they could have been opening the goddamn holy grail (and I'm sure they thought they were)...

the most offputting thing had to be the smell... they reeeeeeeeeeeked

:eek6:

:uhoh:

:puke:

and if I find that any of our merry warband is equally freakish (i.e. smells worse than kenneh) they'll be ex-communicated and sent to sit on the carpet with ted... heh

N

Nightchill

I once went for 6 months without washing my hair to see whatd happen... But its fine now :)

S

Shocko

I wash my hair every day... The last time i went a whole day without washing it must be nearly 2 months ago :D

X

Xavier

and welcome to the other extreme - the clean-freak :D

heh

N

Nightchill

Doesn't washing your hair every day kill it? Sure it's sposed to be every other day :)

S

Shocko

Well, maybe... I use the Loreal anti-breakage stuff, so i should hope it's ok :)

Incidently, i didn't wash my hair this morning, didn't have time(well, actually i did, but i spent it lying in bed)... I'm debating whether i should have a shower tonight, or not...

N

Nightchill

Don't do it! Be a rebel!

I'll be washing my hair 3 or 4 times tonight to try to strip the last bit of colour in (I dye it red lots) ;) Then I can dye it black... and put blue streaks in... *coughs*

M

Mr Jabba

Buy the game, then shave off all your hair. That way you can spend more time playing and less time worrying about whether or not to wash your hair (or indeed which brand of shampoo to use). All you need is a damp flannel. Wipe your face, wipe your head. Sorted.

B

blain

Would anyone be pissed if i told you I only paid £27 for NwN?

T

Trem

Grow a beard, beard's are cool....

...I can't grow a beard, just comedy beard's:(

S

Summo

Originally posted by old.Blain
Would anyone be pissed if i told you I only paid £27 for NwN?
I did also! Rar for Play.com! :)

I played this for hours last night. Strangely addictive...

D

Draigo

I heared if you played the game CD backwards while washing your hair and listening to black sabbath, all your hair would fall out

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Draigo
I heared if you played the game CD backwards while washing your hair and listening to black sabbath, all your hair would fall out
lol

C

.cage

I'm not a fan of elves runes and cod pieces, yet I like NWN. Multiplayer is really good :D As is killing innocents, heh.

O

old.Foldroll

ok- thats the furthest off post I have ever seen.

On line role playing game to shampoo

BTW

Great game, would be nice if they did a cheap client version for multiplay gamers only, without the single player adventure and toolset though.

Back to building my stupid henchman now...

O

old.legendario

I only paid £25 and got a free BJ

(thats Bottle of Jojoba shampoo)

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Shocko
I wash my hair every day... The last time i went a whole day without washing it must be nearly 2 months ago :D

This is not unusual. I live in the south. In the south we wash. I would have thought someone who didnt have a bath/wash thier hair every day was a bloody wierdo :)

T

Testin da Cable

I thought motorcycle peeps weren't allowed to wash?

;)

T

throdgrain

That was me 15 years ago m8 :)
Im not hardcore biker nowadays, or have been for many years, so now Im allowed to wash on a fairly regular basis :)

/edit.
Christ I just thought ! I used to like black sabbath too ! Omg maybe I should buy this beardy game !

Not on your life ;) Gimme me M4 im much happier !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom