Do GOA store the card number of cancelled accounts?

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Let's say I would give my account to a friend or something and he goes to activate the subscription.
Will GOA ask for a card number to send the bill to or will they send it to the number I printed in 2 years ago?

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Aeis said:
Let's say I would give my account to a friend or something and he goes to activate the subscription.
Will GOA ask for a card number to send the bill to or will they send it to the number I printed in 2 years ago?

Assuming you mean "Do they use the same credit card for subscription" and you haven't cancelled, then yes, they'd use it.

If you cancelled, your friend will need to reactivate the account, which isn't possible at present as the subs pages are down.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Breni said:
Assuming you mean "Do they use the same credit card for subscription" and you haven't cancelled, then yes, they'd use it.

If you cancelled, your friend will need to reactivate the account, which isn't possible at present as the subs pages are down.

GOA won't have the credit card number but if you have a repeat subscription set up then Bibit (the payment gateway) will keep using it till you cancel - after you cancel and go to renew (which you'll have a hard time doing this weekend as the subs pages are busy) you'll have to put in a new CC number.

Oh and it's against the CoC to give your "friend" your old account - it may well get closed down permanently by GOA if you do ;) (just a friendly warning)

Vae

Resident Freddy
If the account is not set to auto renew then he would need to enter the card details again as though for a new payment. If it's set to autorenew then no need to enter details again. So if auto renew somehow gets turned on on all accounts again then you could have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom