Dmw2

K

[K1]Jas

What happens if it finds corrupt files?

Will the clan or person be automatically banned from the league?

Since testing is concluded I say that someone entering the server with corrupt files should be a reason to prevent that person from taking any further part in proceedings, also the clan should be penalised for letting a cheat play.

What is admins position on this?

JAS

S

SnapS^PortellO

difficult question id say.

altho if a player joins the server and gets kicked 4 having cheat files in main folder he should atleast not be aloud to play the game,even if he cleans up he's mohaa.

gonna be interesting to c how good all clans rly are :D

K

[K1]Jas

well there are at least a few other servers out there running the scanner so if someone still turns up with "corrupt" files they deserve to get booted for stupidity...

lol :D

JAS

S

SnapS^PortellO

n00b filter

another thing that anticheat software is good 4 is a n00b filter lol

and yes i wonder how many stupid ppl we will c when it is released fully to the public :D :cool:

D

[DN][Lord Iffy]

We have already tried this scanner against DMW in a Clanbase game. We found it a bit of a pain to connect to at first but we discovered most of us were using an out of date client file lol.

However, if anyone had spearhead installed it would not allow them to connect because they kept getting booted for having the spearhead.exe file.

I would prefer to use pandora 1.06 till the DMW scanner is tested properly.

S

scarface44

*ehm*

do i got that right?
DMW in the future matches and no more Pandora usage?
*confused*
*graps beer*
Ah,better! :D

F

f3rgi3

Yea we using DMW from now on.
We'll have a test server up tomorrow most of the day if u want to test it etc,

/Fergie

S

scarface44

mhm

okelidokeli
*starts downloading DMWclient*

S

SnapS^PortellO

DMW2 ROCKS !!!!!

played a match last night with DMW2 and it was great,some of us had a little hassle with it,But once spearhead etc etc was out all was OK.

hopefully it will be released to the public soon so it will be on every public server and most of all it is soooooo easy to use just start it and let it run in the backround in system tray :D

SnapS^PortellO is clean -thank you for not Cheating :D
that's the messege u get if ur clean that is lol

Big Props to fergie and BWMOHL crew 4 using DMW2 in the League ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

F

f3rgi3

Thanks for the kind words - but it’s really DMW2 & Spanky we should thank. I'm just pleased that they have allowed us to become official beta testers and value our feedback.

Last night wasn't without problems, but we managed to compile all the data and presented it to the DMW2 team. We probably managed to identify several little bugs that will now be fixed.

For those that don't know anything about how the scanner works here is a small explanation of how just part of it works…

At any time during the match - a screen shot of a player can be taken. Within approximately 2 seconds that picture is displayed to the admin in jpeg format. Last night some of the screens had little quality defects in them - so they will be fixed etc..
That is an example of beta testing under match conditions.

We also know that certain versions of MOH:AA PK files are not in the DMW memory yet, so the more we identify the more we can add to the final version. As far as the cheats go - that part is complete.

90% of Clans understood the integration process of DMW2 into BW, only a small few complained... shame on jooo!

/Fergie

S

scarface44

confused

i´m still confused bout that DMW - i downloaded the Client and opend it by doubleclick and then???

Just connect via All Seeing Eye to a server that runs the DMW and thats it?

Any1 can tell a german n00b? :D

F

f3rgi3

start the client.

Start moh:aa : you will see a splash screen appear for a few seconds.

open console:
type password xxxx
connect xxx.xxx...

thats it :)

If you come to #bwmoh we have a test server up now.

We also know that some german versions don't work - so don't be alarmed if u get an error message

/Fergie

S

scarface44

oh yeah

thanks f3rgi3!

will try that tommorow!
*notes a bonus for f3rgi3 to Xmas*

K

[K1]Jas

well i had a run time error which has been reported.

I can only pray that this was due to Spearhead being there.

I have now installed a totally new version of mohaa in my other partition and will try DMW again tonight.

Fingers crossed.

One other thing that i wonder is that some versions of CI "force" honesty configs onto players which creates a custom.cfg.

This is normally totally harmless I was wondering if anyone has tested this?

cheers,

JAS

S

scarface44

Originally posted by f3rgi3

We also know that some german versions don't work - so don't be alarmed if u get an error message

/Fergie

Hmmmz,i have a german version and 2 others of my clan too...
Due the holiday time we are down with players,so if the germa versions shall not work |3rd| will be arsed this week!

But,oh well...

3rd_damigger

Well think we can say (after tonight) german versions and dutch versions dont work.
Hope they can fix this before next week because we now have two matches scheduled for next thursday.

K

[K1]Jas

I finally got it working

I had to install a clean version (ie NO spearhead) in XP to get DMW to work.

My version of MOHAA is very buggy with XP so i will only be using DMW for matches.

Hopefully it will take off in a big way.

It's hard to make a proper scanner when there are so many versions out there and the spearhead patch doesn't really help.

I counted no less that 10 extra files in my main folder due to spearhead.

Hopefully Barrysworld will implement the DMW server scanner as part of their anti-cheat package for MOHAA...

JAS

D

[DN][Lord Iffy]

is St Renan going to work ok with DMW scanner??

the map pack we got was for pandora use only, was it not?

cheers

K

[K1]Jas

well since they can get DMW to run with the realism mod installed I presume the use of map packs will be up to the person running the scanner. (ie if the scanner sees it on the server then it's ok.)

Any one else know if this is true?

Users who are viewing this thread