Advice DIY & Tiling / Tiling removal

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I have seen a bloke slash his wrist hit a artery and most of his tendons with a broken a tile (not on purpose of course). Health and safety! Always wear goggles.....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, that thought has occured to me, but I could in theory raise the height of the toilet / basin by the thickness of the tile? Could be messy mind you in terms of re-sealing the back of the basin.

Nope, because you'd also have to extend all the pipework.

Trust me, take up the old tiles (it won't be difficult, you'll do it in an hour) and do it properly. Laying new tiles over existing tiles is just lazy, and you'll always know they're there.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Helped a friend out on his bathroom once, he had studwork walls. When we tried to get the old tiles of, it was just bringing chunks of plasterboard off too, in the end we just took the lot off, board as well, re tacked some new plaster board (£5 per sheet) and started a new. It saved so much time and led to a better finish in the end

Also i dont think laying tiles on top of tiles on the floor is a really great idea, too much scope for movement

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well, I was going to give some advice but after thinking about it I won't.

You see I have a fear of tiles since I once decided to stick my arm though a hole in a wall at work, it was a newly made hole and it had jagged tiles around the edge, anyway, I caught my arm on a tile and put a cut n my arm that went down to the bone, I could see my bone! Yes it was cool that I could see my skeleton but after showing everyone I then had to have 20 stitches in it and missed 2 weeks of work, funny thing was it didn't really bleed and it defintely looked like a 'gina on my arm.

I knew we could rely on you.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, I was going to give some advice but after thinking about it I won't.

You see I have a fear of tiles since I once decided to stick my arm though a hole in a wall at work, it was a newly made hole and it had jagged tiles around the edge, anyway, I caught my arm on a tile and put a cut n my arm that went down to the bone, I could see my bone! Yes it was cool that I could see my skeleton but after showing everyone I then had to have 20 stitches in it and missed 2 weeks of work, funny thing was it didn't really bleed and it defintely looked like a 'gina on my arm.
Misuse of the glory hole in the bogs noted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom