Film District 9

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
fuck back to generals, who gives a shit about a places of wankers :(

and i know there has been threads about it, but not a thread by someone who has seen it

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I wanna see it! :/

But I dont feel like leaving my comfortable home :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
isnt it a big ol'
B-film stye movie that's hyped up ?

only seen the trailer but has that (blair witch) feel to it

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
nope. it surely isnt hyped up. No commercials in Denmark untill like a week before premiere and i stumbled upon it by accident. it works really well, there are points where you think its gonna tilt and become another shitty ass action alien movie but it doesnt.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I heard the bit where they ask the aliens for their weapon technology is not even in the film...can anyone comment?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
dont think it is. i would love to read the 20 year of history prior to the movie

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Didn't expect to like it, but i really did :D

Special effects etc werent the best ive seen but they were good enough, good to see an actiony movie with a bit of more sustenance.

I literally lol'd everytime the lightning gun thing killed someone, some of the guns were just great.

I wonder if there will be a sequel or something? Surely he's got to come back in 3 years to turn him back and do something about the experimentation on his people?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Like the posters that have been slapped on a number of phone boxes in London:

District-9_advertising_Canterbury_Tail_25_June_2009.jpg

kind of appropriate

Marc

FH is my second home
fucking loved it. You cant help but cheer for the aliens and how cute was Christopher's son?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I was not sure early on but towards the end i loved it and i really hope there is a number two to answer some questions and finish the story.

Marc

FH is my second home
I was not sure early on but towards the end i loved it and i really hope there is a number two to answer some questions and finish the story.

There will be a sequel, the director has said so.

soze

I am a FH squatter
But the Director of Layer Cake said there would be a number 2 didn't he? I do hope there is a number 2 though :)

Fast

Part of the furniture
Fantastic movie! 5star! I might even purchase it on blu ray.:clap:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
some bird at work went to see it last night, she kept banging on about aliens who were cockney and everyone in the cinema kept laughing.

true story bros or total shit?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Amazing film! I must get my hands on a working pc and a copy of GMOD and build one of those walking dohickehs, and did anyone else notice the gravity gun on it! lol!

georgie

FH is my second home
some bird at work went to see it last night, she kept banging on about aliens who were cockney and everyone in the cinema kept laughing.

true story bros or total shit?

If I had to guess, I'd say she couldn't tell the difference between cockney and South African. :p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I gotta say I just watched it a min ago... what a film...

If you wanna watch it for free, click the link below... if not... its upto you...Quality if extremely good.

tisk tisk </mod>

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Didn't like it. It was a documentary, then a comedy, then action film, then you like the aliens/main guy. Was like they had lots of ideas, ill thought out and shoved them all together. Just found it boring.

Everz

FH is my second home
Didn't like it. It was a documentary, then a comedy, then action film, then you like the aliens/main guy. Was like they had lots of ideas, ill thought out and shoved them all together. Just found it boring.

Wait, so your calling a film that was a multitude of things, lots of good ideas presently well.. boring?, bet you must fall asleep sky diving you thrill seeker you.

District 9 was quality imo, sequel please to finish everything off.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Wait, so your calling a film that was a multitude of things, lots of good ideas presently well.. boring?, bet you must fall asleep sky diving you thrill seeker you.

District 9 was quality imo, sequel please to finish everything off.

No need for the last part of your email just cause I have a different opinion.

I don't like how they changed how the film was played out. Going from documentary to comedy to action etc etc. They should have stuck with 1 type and nailed it, not using several and not really getting it quite right.

Oh and what about the nigerians or wherever they were from trying to eat the arms and all that crap. Was nonesense!

It was an ok film overall, however I found it a little boring and predictable but maybe because that's because I saw him ingest the toxic fuel in the trailer.

Marc

FH is my second home
There was one miniscule bit of comedy and that was the whole sex with an alien thing. It was what? 10 seconds worth of comedy.

Everz

FH is my second home
There was one miniscule bit of comedy and that was the whole sex with an alien thing. It was what? 10 seconds worth of comedy.

This.

I'm confused how whats not to like Bahu, stick to cartoons eh ;)?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
He doesnt like it, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it, no need to be a dick about it. :p

I liked the documentary style, it was used well to set the scene and add a realistic feel to it all. I thought it flowed well and was inevitably going to turn to action, and rightly so :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home

This.

I'm confused how whats not to like Bahu, stick to cartoons eh ;)?

Yeah the sex scene with the main guy photoshopped onto the photo's. The part about prostitution between humans and aliens. Then the aliens in bikini's. The bit where the aliens start pee'ing everywhere. probably a few more I cant remember.

He doesnt like it, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it, no need to be a dick about it. :p

I liked the documentary style, it was used well to set the scene and add a realistic feel to it all. I thought it flowed well and was inevitably going to turn to action, and rightly so :)

The documentary style was something I enjoyed. It started the film off really well and where they jumped to the scientist/psycologist people talking about the events added to the effect. I would have preferred it to have been shot like this with a few action parts. They would be describing the story and then you could watch the events in play.

Also thanks Megadave for your first paragraph. Does seem like people are a little hostile :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Im not being hostile! I understand that not every one will like it. I just wasnt sure about the whole comedy thing that was all. But I forget about the aliens pissing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom