Disrespect

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Damini
Like I said before, the germans and the english could play footie on no mans land at christmas, but the mids, hibs and albs can't be expected to join up and not fight for thirty five minutes...

Thats one of the best damn quotes I've seen in a long time, and it brings up a very valid point.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson

Thats one of the best damn quotes I've seen in a long time, and it brings up a very valid point.

The Germans won the match, of course... English tried to cheat by sniping the umpire repeatedly and replacing the ball with a landmine.

O

old.chesnor

The death of Oggy has evidentally greatly moved some, and is a matter of indifference to others. This is how life is. We really shouldn't demand that everyone pays respect, as many people had never crossed swords with Oggy in game or irl. We can't expect the world to stop whenever a human dies an untimely death.

And Damini, the infamous footy match during WWI did not stretch to the entire front. While one group of soldiers temporarily buried the hatchet, had a kick about and sung carols, thousands of others were still killing each other senselessly at precisely the same time.

Mourn the loss of your friends, surely, but don't do it in public, then cry foul when others don't. Thats why they hold memorial services in churches, and not nightclubs.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

True, Chesnor - but one can be at least respectful ie.. keep mouth shout/fingers away from the keyboard, right?
*glares at Toto*

To say:
"This is the internet and everyone can behave like a fucking asshole as long as they are nice people in rl"
or
"Don't expect everyone to be respectful, this is the internet... people say things on forums they'd never dare to say in rl"
just_doesn't_cut_it.

This is the internet - with real people(tm) behind the screens.
If someone feels inclined to express their grief on a public forum, I respect it.

Still, a memorial in Emain... on Excalibur. What did you people expect?

O

old.job

I hope GOA do put a permanent grave for Oggy, then Toht can nip down there every day and click on it and do a /laugh.

Hopefully this will make him very "happy"

His infantile indifference to other peoples loss and pain is probably just his way of coping with the utterly incomprehensible futility of life, and to block out the ever present sound of the clock ticking away his own very finite life.

D

Damini

I didn't think it stretched to the entire front, but I still don't recall the final whistle being blown and then the losing team being bayonnetted. And I didn't think that this ceremony took over every rvr zone and square inch either.

I can understand people being indifferent Chesnor, but that doesn't excuse poor behaviour. Maybe if I turned up to my nightclub and saw a memorial going on there to someone who went there alot but who I didn't know, maybe I wouldn't feel anything at all towards the deceased. Maybe, a little selfishly, I'd feel put out that my evening would have to move to somewhere else. BUT I don't think I'd glass the entourage and then start shouting about how its my right, and that they shouldn't expect any different.

At any stretch, I'm not laying down a law on what people should think, what I am catagorically stating is that I do not like people speaking without due respect. The issue can be taken and examined, but there are peoples very raw emotions tied at the middle of this, and people will tread carefully.

O

old.Baritone

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Fine....

ok...

I don't care about the death, it's "sad" but don't care since i didn't know the surfer.

Holding the event in emain was stupid in my opinion.

You asked to be ganked, klomped and stomped even if posting it on a 10+ threads and sites, not everyone reads them and just play the game.

DAmn you Sicko for being a voice of reason...*pouts*

Holding the event to morn Oggys death in Emain was to bring all realms together to morn his death i guess, A nice idea.

I can understand not everyone knew of this and attacked enemy players.

But comming on here and openly taking the piss out of someones death Tohtori? I really hope your realm mates see this and dis own you for the child you seem to be, I really hope you are pre teen as if you are an adult i think you need some help:mad:

S

Sigurd Volsung

Even I know when to stop, this guy clearly has even less respect than me for people...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Sigurd Volsung
Even I know when to stop, this guy clearly has even less respect than me for people...

*cough*
You threatened to find and kill people posting here...
*cough*

V

varhees

Please people , lets end this thread...

That's just what i say and think, the cermony was destroyed.. and those who hold it will remember

/salut

O

old.Tohtori

Well now...

Seems even after a tiny operation on my points and opinions it looks like i have to make things even -more- clear.

I'll try to post this in a fashion that everyone will understand now.

Try, please -try- to read it before picking up yet another flamethrower.

I was out of line.

I was rude.

I perhaps went too far.

I'm not sorry i posted those, what's done is done.

I still think the emain thing was a mistake and a stupid move.

I still don't hold no respect to something i didn't have respect to start with.

I didn't take "a piss" at someones death, i took a piss at the event.

I have a different way to look at death in general and even if i don't come here to /cry over everyone who isn't alive anymore or even joke around about it doesn't make me such a waste of human life that you people have so kindly, with incredible psychological wisdom, judged me.

I'm trying to make my points out here now, in a more "wise and mature" way and i hope this makes even old.job "happy".

Oh and yes... when it comes to respect towards humans, i have only this old, very old line to say...

"Mankind without man would be kind."

Who can blame me for having little, if any, respect towards something as shitty as we have created?

Take a look around, this is hell on earth and that's how it is.

G

Gohlanchdir

Well toto, i kinnda agree with you on many things.....
I se the things like you do on many aspects, but the event has been done, and it wasn`t done like you wanted it to....so what can we do......

NOTHING!!

/salute Oggy

O

old.Tohtori

We can always flame... but, yeah...even if the guy was a hibbie

/salute

Now lets get some tomte to klomp right?

D

Damini

Such a shame you think that way Toto. Very sad you tarnish every single life with the same brush. It must make being alive a shitty experience for you, and I don't envy you that. It makes me wonder whats got you all churned up and full of the bitter, but hey, life's a Pinter play and not everything gets explained.

I'm not saying you have to feel emotionally involved, I'm not forcing mourning, or an opinion, but you were very heavy handed and childish in your original posts and even a doom n gloom merchant like yourself should be able to understand how that could hurt peoples feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom