Film Disney Animation Studios films

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ok, I'll go first:

Apple did the right thing over their tax affairs. Also, Brexit is the best thing ever.

*triggered*
You poor unfortunate soul.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
In recent times it has to be Up, just for that opening montage. :(

Historically, obviously Aladdin, Toy Story (I can't believe this came out in 1995...) and The Lion King. The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under were both amazing as well. Oh and I remember enjoying Fantasia even if I didn't really know wtf was going on.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
In recent times it has to be Up, just for that opening montage. :(

Historically, obviously Aladdin, Toy Story (I can't believe this came out in 1995...) and The Lion King. The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under were both amazing as well.
OK - can we just limit this to Disney Animation Studios, rather than anything that may have been published by Disney or bought by Disney. I could start a separate thread for Pixar if you like. Or you could :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh I see, a heated debate with limits. :eek:

Fine, I shall retract Up and Toy Story.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
quite difficult to assess imo: a *lot* of the goldies of my childhood (rescuers, lady&the tramp, fox&the hound, robin hood, bambi, jungle book, dumbo) are remembered fondly and through really, really, really thick rose tinted specs. I am not keen on rewatching them to see what I think of them now because I don't want to mess with my fond childhood memories. meeeh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
OK - can we just limit this to Disney Animation Studios, rather than anything that may have been published by Disney or bought by Disney. I could start a separate thread for Pixar if you like. Or you could :)

Include Pixar and they have a lock on the top 10 at least. Without them...it's an OK list. Jungle Book would be my personal #1 and I'd have The Aristocats a bit higher. I'd also have ranked Zootopia a lot higher just because it's so well-realised (the basic concept is a bit of a problem, but they ran with it very well).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Include Pixar and they have a lock on the top 10 at least. Without them...it's an OK list. Jungle Book would be my personal #1 and I'd have The Aristocats a bit higher. I'd also have ranked Zootopia a lot higher just because it's so well-realised (the basic concept is a bit of a problem, but they ran with it very well).
Off-topic-ish but I disagree. The big 4 'renaissance' Disney films would still be in the top 10.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just didnt like disneys animation. I never liked dumbo . My parents took me to the cinema to see snow white. But meh. I preferedtom and jerry and bugs bunny to disney. Mickey mouse never did anything for me.

I dont think i have watched many of them through.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
quite difficult to assess imo: a *lot* of the goldies of my childhood (rescuers, lady&the tramp, fox&the hound, robin hood, bambi, jungle book, dumbo) are remembered fondly and through really, really, really thick rose tinted specs. I am not keen on rewatching them to see what I think of them now because I don't want to mess with my fond childhood memories. meeeh.
I watched The Rescuers 1 & 2 last year (on Blu-ray!) and those 2 in particular have still got bucketloads of charm.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
robin hood for me still watch it to this day and sword in the stone think they are both disney im not sure

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Sword in the stone is definitely Disney, and a good one!

DaGaffer

Off-topic-ish but I disagree. The big 4 'renaissance' Disney films would still be in the top 10.

Hmm, had a think about it and I'd still have nine of the top ten as Pixar movies:

1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story 3
4. Wall-E
5. Toy Story 2
6. Finding Nemo
7. Up
8. Inside Out
9. Monsters Inc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, had a think about it and I'd still have nine of the top ten as Pixar movies:

1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story 3
4. Wall-E
5. Toy Story 2
6. Finding Nemo
7. Up
8. Inside Out
9. Monsters Inc.

I'd put Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Lion King above Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Wall-E, TS2 and Nemo. The soundtracks add something extra. And Ursula for fuck's sake. Best cartoon villain ever :eek:

And Robin Williams for fuck's sake :eek:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Big Hero 6..loved it.

Make mine music , no 53. well worth a look , its on youtube...you'll end up jiving.

DaGaffer

I'd put Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Lion King above Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Wall-E, TS2 and Nemo. The soundtracks add something extra. And Ursula for fuck's sake. Best cartoon villain ever :eek:

And Robin Williams for fuck's sake :eek:

Don't really like any of the Princess movies. Aladdin is good but I never really warned to The Lion King

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Robin Hold 47.. I just stopped reading right there

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story 3
4. Wall-E
5. Toy Story 2
6. Finding Nemo
7. Up
8. Inside Out
9. Monsters Inc.
I look at that list and effectively think "same film".

I mean, I know it isn't, but the rollercoaster is a very similar ride.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I had a crush on Maid Marian. :love:
Enjoy!

maid_marian_cosplay_by_foxanime101.jpg

DaGaffer

I look at that list and effectively think "same film".

I mean, I know it isn't, but the rollercoaster is a very similar ride.

Anyone who thinks WALL-E, The Incredibles and Toy Story are the same film are the same thing isn't paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom