Disk version of WAR not playable in Headstart?

ofpcarnage

Fledgling Freddie
I havn't even been able to play this game yet ..I downloaded the beta client was unable to start the game....then my disc's arrived today installed that....nothing keeps failing on the patching

logoth

Fledgling Freddie
ffs i reinstalled from disk (for cinematics and new directory) and bah, it tries to patch to beta, and fails. thats prob becouse i cant put my box key yet ;/

pez

Can't get enough of FH
ffs i reinstalled from disk (for cinematics and new directory) and bah, it tries to patch to beta, and fails. thats prob becouse i cant put my box key yet ;/

No I'm 99% sure thats not the problem. Its something to do with the patcher looking for files which aren't meant to be there or something. The US patcher acknowledges the US disks fine, no reason it should be different here.

logoth

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, after install, config file says 'early start client' then patcher changes that to 'open beta' and gets too many bad files. anyway we screwed, i deleted instalation beta, and link on official site is slow

ofpcarnage

Fledgling Freddie
Well looks like where gonna have to wait till tomorrow then.

I also deleted the beta client after I failed to even get it started ...my disc's arrived so I deleted the beta thinking I'd no longer need it and installed via disc hoping this would fix the missing files when it tried to patch....now instread of missing files I just get the try again later message. so fingers crossed I'll be able to play tomorrow.

ofpcarnage

Fledgling Freddie
Still unable to play

Well now the day is upon us that those with discs installed version can play ....but I still cant ....just keep gettin the same error wich just says please try later. I know some folks are having problems logging in ..but I've not even gotten that far yet.
I've mailed the tech guys for help countless times and I'm still waiting ...but as of yet they have not responded ...gawd I hate being ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom