[Discussion] Fair to camp mobs with just a few ppl?

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
So, here is the dilemma, there is a group able to kill a certain mob, they arrive at mob only to find it camped by 1 person saying he has fg inc. So there is a person that cant take the mob alone and there is a group that can take it but the solo person was there first. Is it right to claim a mob like that with only few ppl? And think about this, person says that, 2 hours later hes still there and his "fg" hasnt come yet. Or maybe he has a fg inc that comes here 2 mins later? So what do ppl think is the right to do here? And imo we should come up with a guideline for all of midgard to follow :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
The eternal struggle to find out where the line is crossed. In most MMORPG's CoC reads that a mob doesn't belong to anyone at all. Only place where you can say it's "your" mob is if you hit it first - then all others who wish to hit it has to get the concent by the first hitter. This is how it is by the rules afaik. But of course common curtsey ingame has lead to the possibility of a soloer going to check on a spawn and if it's there he/she kinda has the ability to reserve the mob until he/she has gathered enough people for the kill. This of course only if the people who are also after the mob respects this, as the rules DO say that first hit owns mob.

With the new artifact mobs everyone wants, it's become harder and harder to be polite and show some decency towards each others. This is the real enemy of ToA... hour long spawn-rate on popular mobs. Just like Stormfeather if anyone ever played Everquest.

I honestly don't think it's gonna be easy to point out some general guidelines for EVERYONE to keep regarding mob camping, as there will always... ALWAYS be some people who disrespect common sence and politeness e.g. because "I pay as much to play this game as they/you do!!!11", "I don't have time to wait... they can't do anything about it anyway!!!11" etc etc and then we're into the discussion about maturity, ethics and bending the rules/CoC.

An idea could be to (and I don't know how tho, but still) make a calendar where people can book certain mobs. Hardest part is just to know for sure when it was last killed and what the respawn timer is. Tho it could be a suggestion as I've seen it done before in other games.
Another solution could be to enforce (and here EVERYONE has to agree) that a major mob/artifact mob can't be camped by a person saying "fg inc soz" etc, only people who have the numbers there and ready!

I imagine a great deal of discussion here :)

:worthy:

//

emma

Loyal Freddie
Aldrick said:
So, here is the dilemma, there is a group able to kill a certain mob, they arrive at mob only to find it camped by 1 person saying he has fg inc. So there is a person that cant take the mob alone and there is a group that can take it but the solo person was there first. Is it right to claim a mob like that with only few ppl? And think about this, person says that, 2 hours later hes still there and his "fg" hasnt come yet. Or maybe he has a fg inc that comes here 2 mins later? So what do ppl think is the right to do here? And imo we should come up with a guideline for all of midgard to follow :)
let me guess.. shades of mist ?

you could have asked the person if they wanted to join your group/raid instead ;p

we did and he/she happily joined our group and even won some nice items.

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
If a person camps a spot and claims it for his group he has to be able to get the group there in reasonable time. Next time ask him when that FG of his is incoming. If he says 2 hours, kill the damn mob. If he says 10 minutes, stick around for 20 and then slay the mob if his group hasnt showed up.
Imo you should atleast have the group who is supposed to help you out logged in and on its way, and it shouldnt take more then 20 min to get there.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
if someones camping it and has there fg porting in now or running from the haven, is there camp.

if someones camping it and takes over 20 mins to gather troops, aint right.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
let me guess.. shades of mist ?

you could have asked the person if they wanted to join your group/raid instead ;p

we did and he/she happily joined our group and even won some nice items.
? cant remember when that would be?, its just a discussion we had in BO since some think the one that has a group there rdy can take mob and some think its ok to camp mobs.

mordia

Fledgling Freddie
Yes for the soloer if hes fg really gets there within next ~15 minutes.

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
IMO no, if you cant handle the spawn then you cant claim it.

my reasoning for this is that often ppl say they have inc and it can take hours, the group there can do it, and can do it asap and reset spawn timer.
joining up is another mather especially now with BG's that should be encouraged, but i'll never take a solo person as beeing able to camp a fg mob, however i can still be friendly to him which i am mostly but i wont be angry if anyone does it to me and i'll do it if i feel like it.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Frust said:
If a person camps a spot and claims it for his group he has to be able to get the group there in reasonable time. Next time ask him when that FG of his is incoming. If he says 2 hours, kill the damn mob. If he says 10 minutes, stick around for 20 and then slay the mob if his group hasnt showed up.
Imo you should atleast have the group who is supposed to help you out logged in and on its way, and it shouldnt take more then 20 min to get there.

this is probably the fairest idea there is. many times ive seen one person stood at eramai when i went to check if he'd popped saying they had a fg inc. i'd afk there come back 30 mins later, that 1 guy is still stood there and no group there yet. if i had a fg with me, i'm pretty sure we'd kill the mob after 20 mins.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with Frust - I have been running out several times with a group going for an artifact and once we get to there it aint spawned. I cant ask my guildmates and friends to always come when I wanna check a spam so when I then happen to spot the mob I think 10-20 minutes to get peeps there is fair.

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Agree whit Baduska, imo i allways gather people before i go to get artifact. If its not there pick another person in group and do hes artifact etc. this way group will go on a long time and often evryone gets a artifact.

Tir

Fledgling Freddie
Refering to yesterday at the Slamander I believe, was me you spoke to and can I say first say thanks for leaving mob. :clap:

Just to clear a few things up though, I hate one persons bott/lowbie alt camping spots, it winds me up endlessly and I don't do it, but even then I will wander off rather than cause strife. However the situation yesterday we were actually a fg, already grouped, and 3 of us were there, just some people port slower (and one of the guys always crashes on using porter things). The rest of the gang arrived < 2 mins after you left. Had that not been the case I'd happily have stepped aside. Had you said pull it now or we will i'd have taken my chances that the rest of the support would have arrived in time (50/50 I reckon). :)

I do respect the first come first servered if it is within a reasonable period of time. I have been at that spawn before when the hurscarls and my guild were both having people streaming in, they had bodies there first, we were probably ready first. However, it's all about mutal respect. They had a go first and failed, then we had a go, and failed, then they did and did it successfully and we cheered them on. To me getting along with people > than pissing people off.

BTW, it dropped worse ROG's than usual if it makes you feel any better. :(

G

Gabbe

Platina said:
Agree whit Baduska, imo i allways gather people before i go to get artifact. If its not there pick another person in group and do hes artifact etc. this way group will go on a long time and often evryone gets a artifact.

Better to check if mob is there before u call people imo

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Gabbe said:
Better to check if mob is there before u call people imo
Not really if its not just move to next mob etc. And return later.
done this whit all my artifacts and i got all activated that i need.

lator

Fledgling Freddie
How I do it is that I take my alts to artifact mob spots and before gathering people I log em one by one and see which mobs are up and which are not.

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
another reason i disaprove of the 1 person camp thing is that 1 fg that split out alts can camp way 2 damn much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom