Discovery of the day, for system of a down fans

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Serj Tankian's album Elect the dead
is rather good :)

Sampler
YouTube - Serj Tankian - Empty Walls (Official Video)
[youtubevid]BZSKvSz1roQ[/youtubevid]

And less than £10
Play.com (UK) : Serj Tankian (System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead (Digipack) : CD - Free Delivery

But i would pay the extra £5 for the digibook it is well worth it
Play.com (UK) : Serj Tankian (System Of A Down) - Elect The Dead (2CD Digibook) : CD - Free Delivery
You get a nice book with poems, artwork
THIS is what makes a album worth buying not a cheap sleeve
You get a couple of extra tunes but they are just acoustic versions of ones on the album and a couple of smaller tunes

echome

Fledgling Freddie
It was decent - but not something I would put on my fav. playlist.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i agree with you, it was very good but not quite great

but i thought the extra effort put into giving something worth buying as a package was what made it worth the mention for me :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Sorry I can't see what is different, it is just System of a Down with a different name. Guess he wanted more money..

Its abit like Bruce Dickinsons solo career..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Sorry I can't see what is different, it is just System of a Down with a different name. Guess he wanted more money..

They are on a haitus, its only him and the drummer

who subsequently is going to also be on Scars of Broadway

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

You actually mean:

"I don't see what's different, it's just the band without a couple of members."

Serj Tankian and Brucie do a lot of the lyrics, notes, etc. so ofcourse their solo stuff will sound like...well...what they do :D

And when is making your music into the commercial scene about anything but money?

Anyone who claims, be it metallica or f*cking guy richie, that they don't do it also for the money(also! note ALSO!), are lying f*cks.

"Oh i do it 'cause i love the music and how it..." Then f*cking put it up for free DL :eek:

Mey

Part of the furniture
I actually do thing there is a lot of bands out there that do do it for something other than the money. Granted most of them have never hit the mainstream.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I actually do thing there is a lot of bands out there that do do it for something other than the money. Granted most of them have never hit the mainstream.

That's why i said "commercial scene".

Those who care only for the music, don't sell albums surely :)

Could say it like this also; if you want to do something for a living, money is always a driving force.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Ah sorry wasn't really reading your post :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Am I the only one who gets reminded of Will Ferrell everytime I see Serj? :D Just a little bit more of an eccentric version of him...

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Could say it like this also; if you want to do something for a living, money is always a driving force.

But it should not be like that. A man should be able to chose his living from what he thinks would make him happy. Not because of how much money he can steal by doing something.

I belive that we, as humans, are not meant to have work - work as in 9 to 5 work. Seems like a real waste of time, since we already lack time... It can't be right that we are to work more than half our life, just to live. I think the system is sick and I think the people who is in control might be psychopaths.
Insted we should be able to spend the time we got here, before we die, to evolve our mind and become better people.

A person who loves to play music and who loves to entertain others with his music should do it because of his love to the music and to how it makes him feel. Since that is what might evolve him into something better.

And this crappy place would be a better place for all of us if we do become better people - not because of how much money we got.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Echome, it's a nice thought, but there's some practical problems.

How many would LIKE to clean gutters, or sewage pipes? As an example, many mroe where those came from.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
But it should not be like that. A man should be able to chose his living from what he thinks would make him happy. Not because of how much money he can steal by doing something.

Unless you get a buzz from robbery right?

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Echome, it's a nice thought, but there's some practical problems.

How many would LIKE to clean gutters, or sewage pipes? As an example, many mroe where those came from.

Well I wouldnt mind walking around with a shovel in my hand if that was the thing society needed me to do.
Why not?

Unless you get a buzz from robbery right?

There is still such a thing as the law... I am not talking about anarchy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well I wouldnt mind walking around with a shovel in my hand if that was the thing society needed me to do.
Why not?

Ah but there's the point.

Many things we take for granted, like working toilets, are because there are people out there doing poor jobs for poor pays. If everyone could do what they wanted, we would revert. Hell, we wouldn't be talking about this here, as most IT guys would bugger off to do something they like.

And many people aren't like you, MOST people aren't like you(in following sense), and if we needed to carry that shovel, then it wouldn't be "free to do" anymore.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Ah but there's the point.

Many things we take for granted, like working toilets, are because there are people out there doing poor jobs for poor pays. If everyone could do what they wanted, we would revert. Hell, we wouldn't be talking about this here, as most IT guys would bugger off to do something they like.

And many people aren't like you, MOST people aren't like you(in following sense), and if we needed to carry that shovel, then it wouldn't be "free to do" anymore.

I am not sure you are right, that most people would bugger off from what they are doing if they got the same payment for doing more or less anything else. Some people might relocate but in the end I would think it all to work out anyways.
But my point being, that people should be free to chose their lives insted of being controlled by how much money they can earn.
And then we might turn into better people that wouldnt steal from each other, nor hurt og kill another man because of useless crap like money.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I am not sure you are right, that most people would bugger off from what they are doing if they got the same payment for doing more or less anything else. Some people might relocate but in the end I would think it all to work out anyways.
But my point being, that people should be free to chose their lives insted of being controlled by how much money they can earn.
And then we might turn into better people that wouldnt steal from each other, nor hurt og kill another man because of useless crap like money.

Yes but, there's again problems with that.

Even if some people who work in cr*p places, would go "bugger this", we'd be in deep poopoo.

And stealing isn't just because of money, or murder for that matter, stealing is for "i want that" and murder reasons are many.

This solution doesn't remove those problems, if anything, if everyone could do whatever they want, it'd cause more problems.

And i did say "in following context", as in, MOST people wouldn't carry a sh*tshovel because society needs it, if there was a choice not to.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Yes but, there's again problems with that.

Even if some people who work in cr*p places, would go "bugger this", we'd be in deep poopoo.

And stealing isn't just because of money, or murder for that matter, stealing is for "i want that" and murder reasons are many.

This solution doesn't remove those problems, if anything, if everyone could do whatever they want, it'd cause more problems.

And i did say "in following context", as in, MOST people wouldn't carry a sh*tshovel because society needs it, if there was a choice not to.

I think(got no statistics to back me up on this), that the number one reason for crime is because of financial reasons. And in a society where you have what you need, like everyone else, then that wouldnt be such a problem...
True that murder is often because of feelings towards the other person. But my point is that perhaps we would get better along with each other if we equal. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Hehe I btw like the fact that you and I almost never can agree about anything. Always funny with a little discussion - as long as it is done in a proper way. - like this.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think(got no statistics to back me up on this), that the number one reason for crime is because of financial reasons. And in a society where you have what you need, like everyone else, then that wouldnt be such a problem...
True that murder is often because of feelings towards the other person. But my point is that perhaps we would get better along with each other if we equal. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Hehe I btw like the fact that you and I almost never can agree about anything. Always funny with a little discussion - as long as it is done in a proper way. - like this.

We ALMOST never can agree, i can agree on that :D

And also, i do agree that a "marxian(if you will)" humanity would be nice. Food for hungry, jobs to those who know how, no needs etc. But...(here we go)

Murder is out of hatred, greed, lust, envy and all those other lovely things. And sometimes, just 'cause people snap or don't like society. In a morbid way, it's an essential part of humanity. But discusing the good of murder, well, that would be morbid. Let's just say it's a solid part of humanity.

Now about "money being driving force", sure, stealing and such usualyl are because of A being poor and B having what A wants. BUT, you said up there that people could switch jobs with the same pay, there was no mention of a "poor free" society. That's a whole nother can of worms.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

I think the #1 reason for crime is drugs not finance isnt it. Although I suppose you could say that they are stealing stuff to sell it for drugs, which is financing the habit anyway.

Back to the song though, liked it, he's got a distinctive style of music that I like, always trying to get a message across as well.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Poverty is the main cause for crime. Drugs has a smaller part in it that the government/media would lead you to believe.

megadave

I am a FH squatter

They get paid a LOT more money together as SOAD than they do solo. They just began to want to go down different musical style paths (musical differents or whatever!)

None of the new stuff has anything over system imo.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
lol only on FH would it turn into a flamefest if a band they like released more music during their haitus rather than be happy for new content

I just wish they would hurry up and get back together so i can go see them live!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
System fell to pieces after Toxicity/Steal this Album anyway. Hypnotize/Mezmerize were both utter trash.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
System fell to pieces after Toxicity/Steal this Album anyway. Hypnotize/Mezmerize were both utter trash.

disagree personally but each to their own
Lost in Hollywood, BYOB, Kill Rock N Roll, Lonely Day, Sad Statue are all amazing songs

Some of them were quite mediocre but far from rubbish

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Ok maybe I exaggerated a bit, there were some songs on Mez/Hypno that were half decent, like you say Byob, Sad Statue etc. Compaired to their earlier recording, they're trash, but like you say each to their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom