Discontinuance of Duskwave.com DAoC

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
brilliant site, sad to see it go, still about 3 times faster for finding details than daoc.goa.com, thanks for hosting it

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
aye thanks for brilliant and superb site.
sad to see it go. but i guess al things comes to an end. and daoc is getting closer to the endge by the day :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Thankyou very much for Duskwave, used that tool for years and was my favourite :)

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Been working hard on getting this up and running on my server, and with Belorfyns uber help i've finally done it ;)

Some stuff is still uploading for example : every euro player is being added and has been for the last 5 hours.

http://www.nafiannadragun.co.uk/duskwave

Just want to say thankyou to Belorfyn for providing an uber service and keeping his content alive by releasing the source code :)

/respect

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
with 200-400 visitors a day.. isn't a 'sponsor/advert' intrested in ur site?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
judas said:
aye thanks for brilliant and superb site.
sad to see it go. but i guess al things comes to an end. and daoc is getting closer to the endge by the day :(
german servers are still going strong imo :D

avalon alone has huge action but it has the possibility of getting clustered with other german servers, and goa will probably cluster all servers together before final shutdown i think/hope.

+ finally found some challenge and fun again :]

kivik

Part of the furniture
Was a great site, far better than the GOA one :)

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
with 200-400 visitors a day.. isn't a 'sponsor/advert' intrested in ur site?

I looked into those options around 2003 or so and didn't find anything I'd be satisfied with. In all advertising/affiliate deals I looked into, either the money wasn't worth effort or I didn't like the banners/what they were advertising/whatever.
Back then there was more than 1000 unique daily visitors but it still wasn't enough to get any decent pay per click deals and any deals worth the money would had required the user to not only click on the ads but further to buy something there for me to get any money out of it. I also had trouble finding such deals for european shops and I didn't think displaying ads from US based shops to be worth effort since people would rarely buy anything from that far.
Also even though there was loads of hits, the userbase wasn't exactly ideal for advertising since it's just same people (daoc players) returning every day and such ads would probably work better with alot random visitors instead.
Only thing I thought my users would probably had bought something from would had been "buy daoc gold" type adverts (had any number of THOSE to choose from, naturally..) but I ruled those out on account of being inappropriate.

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Belorfyn why dont you come back for one last big RvR raid, just for old times sake :D

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Just added some features i had on NFD site to the duskwave aka the realm status for pryd/excal cluster, if any php/java knowitalls want to give me a hand on some stuff it would be much appreciated :<

For example, the program Bel has in place needs a little re-write so guilds can have more than 1 billion rp's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom