Dirty Tricks

K

Kagato.

Possibly due to there armour type to your damage type ? And using styles on a hero isn't commiting suicide like it is with a poler.

I know thrust is neutral to all hibbie armour and slash is good against alot of it.

H

Herne

Merc DT and Styles

Imho Zerkers are too powerful for the reasons all ready stated by Dy earlier. Mercs do need love in the DW line of spec, in PVE I mainly used slash all the way to 50 as most DW lines were too weak or used horrendous amounts of endurance.

Amythest is far more end effincent than misty gloom for example.

DT timer plain sucks at the moment, 30 min timer on a resistable ability, that 9/10 times is resisted. They need to fix this and put inactive button on all timer based abilities. Nothing is more a pain to hit dt to be told 2 mins remaining or try to find out time remaining for it to go off.

Arnor, Killing zerkers Easy? really maybe for our sword and board tanks, for a merc its more tricky. Only stun we have is based off parry, then it needs reflection to work correctly before hypnotic has a chance of landing. As for the 50 DW skill its nice but add it being a frontal style with huge defense drawbacks and things get worst.

Sometime ago I Believe a shapeshift was considered for mercs.... (dunno probably wrong) obviously nothing came of it.

In summary we are left with nerfage for Zerks or bring Mercs/BMs to par with new abilities/ shapeshift/timers decrease. Fix DW is a must as well (as I believe Thrust spec is more of a problem due to infs).

As for Charge nice no endurance use but fix the end use bug at the end of use. Think the charge should also be slightly faster than sprint, Don't know from your experience but i know a caster/ other realm tank still seems to out run me...

anyway thats my 2cp.

Herne thehunter
lvl 50 Mercenary
<Crack Suicide Squad>

M

Mcdonald

I wonder what Mythic would have to say about this... I dont like complaining and whining all the time, it does no good, but in this case i'll make an exception because there IS a reason to complain.

M

mohaddyn

Originally posted by Arnor2

here, with caps so all the denser ones will catch it too:

STOPPING A ZERK IN FRENZY IS E-FUCKING-Z IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN.

Slam, mezz, root, snare, stun, kill

Another quick newsflash, so even the ratbrains get it:

Mercs seldom slam ppl... u see, we don't use shields. At least not most of us. And we don't have either mezz, root, snare or stun.

No doubt stopping a zerker solo is easy, they just squeal and die like always...

K

Kagato.

I don't think zerkers are over powered, sure, mercs need some mythic lovin but zerkers are not over powered, they just seem it in comparison to mercs. As stated above they drop all there defense in order to gain the silly hamster ability, and are still very easy to kill despite it one on one, I admit though the 7 minute I believe timer on that ability is a little frequent when the other timer based abilities are all 30 minutes.

Whatever fixes they should give mercs its probably better if its something non dirty tricks related.

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by mohaddyn

No doubt stopping a zerker solo is easy, they just squeal and die like always...

How come you always eat dirt when ever we fight Mohaddyn? i'd thought youd stopped this "I own zerkers" thing after my grp panned your 2fg's of Asq nubbers in odins for the 3rd time.

Anyway about what Raid said about damage and not being as much as everyone says, well its slightly off as he's hitting vs Midgard chain which has either a 10% slash bonus or 15% i cant remember.

As Arnor said before end regen we had the problem that we convert endurence to damage better then any other class but we rip through end like no other class aswell.

Now end regens in we can spam DF like mad and even though it has been nerfed even at my 44 spec with a silly amount of L axe bonus on my damage cap is 477 unbuffed so yes imo it makes us alot more powerful then we were and we were never classed as a "Gimpy" class.

About L axe, well there is no doubt again that quite frankly its a powerful well thought out and extreamly class relevent with a decent parry chain, a good dmg med end anytime style a very heavy hitting high end style, a rear chain that does very silly amounts of dmg and a long stun off evade which is only on the 2nd hit, Its not really case of L axe is mega overpowered by styles is just most style lines i've seen in this game either have to cover too many classes with differing abilitys or their just badly thought out (Like DW CD and the Mid sword styles to name a few)

So this comes to the bottem line are zerkers overpowered?

Without end buff and celerity no we do silly amounts of dmg but we burn end at a rapid rate leaving us hitting like a wet fish.

With End buff and more so with celerity without a doubt and i'vetryed this with the very best celerity (thanks for providing it Billybob ;) ) you hit the hard cap for swing speed and you'll basicly kill a caster in 3 seconds flat a merc in 6 and an armsman in not much over 9 or 10.

So there you have it on our own we arnt the be all and end all of melee, with end buff and celerity we are Rambos fucking owner.

As for Mercs well tbh theres no doubt really that your class abilitys shit, it shouldnt be resisted and the timers stupidly long.
As for damae well its not really that bad, better then s&s but not close to 2H but you do swing faster, maybe style damage should be tweaked a little on the DW line to give you some reason to use the styles insted of the base styles.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Kagato.

True, and from a polers perspective mercs have been the easiest fights, but I put that down more to my thrust damage, however I think you'll find polers ARE meant to be the 'damage dealers' of albion, and mercs are the light tanks and caster killers. You'll get through enemy pbt far easier then a poler will in comparison, just like zerkers are mids best caster killers.

:p Da best caster killers r shadowblades/infils/nightshades :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by AbPoon

Without end buff and celerity no we do silly amounts of dmg but we burn end at a rapid rate leaving us hitting like a wet fish.
Only in comparison to the styled damage :)
but I do the same if I use amethyst (my only decent damaging style - I can use Dual Shadows when I get that... but it's positional with a defence penalty)

As for Mercs well tbh theres no doubt really that your class abilitys shit, it shouldnt be resisted and the timers stupidly long.
As for damae well its not really that bad, better then s&s but not close to 2H but you do swing faster, maybe style damage should be tweaked a little on the DW line to give you some reason to use the styles insted of the base styles.

wield a 1h axe (unwield the left axe) and do a style...

compare your damage to your Left Axe styles.
That's what DW should be like compared to Slash.

As it is I get _no_ bonus from using DW.

The people saying 'mercs should go shield and use slam' are probably right... but then - why bother... just get some plate.

All a shield merc gets over an armsman is 360 degree evade+chain instead of plate, dirty tricks (hah! ooh I can win a duel) and flurry (based off DW so the shield merc doesn't do any damage).

I agree with McDonald... I enjoy playing my merc... but there's something rotten in Albion :)

B

belth

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

(my only decent damaging style - I can use Dual Shadows when I get that... but it's positional with a defence penalty)

DS is pretty much an anytime style, 99% of people use /face or /stick, hence it's easy to execute ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by belth

DS is pretty much an anytime style, 99% of people use /face or /stick, hence it's easy to execute ;)

in a duel yes...

if you're chasing a caster/passing tank - nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom