dilemma

E

eben

What do people do when they wanna play a third realm but seemingly can't?

I've got mid and alb characters on the english servers, but would like to try hib too. Camlann is out of the question, as are foreign speaking servers.

Am I forced to delete one set of chars just to play hib? Or do I have to buy another account/DAOC CD/SI CD?

Seems disappointing to miss out on 1/3 of the game cos the guys running it can't be arsed to run a third english server.

I'd be grateful for constructive advice please. Advice given must be within the CoC etc as I don't do cheating/rip-offs etc.

Thanks,

Eben.

A

Arnor

only answer is to get another account
/hug exiled :)

A

Apathy

Or...just play on one of the French/German servers but ignore everyone.

a.

F

Flimgoblin

take your guild to another server and laugh at the completely incomprehensible text scrolling past your screen.

Midgard is so much more amusing in german :)

O

old.Hellskor

For Hibernia : Orchandie (sp?) ... french server

great fun to decipher the kill tasks :D

... or to find out what the hell your style/spell/whatever is ;)

A

Archeon

I tried hib on Borlencade (or however it spelled) once, actually i had a lot of fun. Met this guy, we kicked some ass together.

Of course neither of us had a very strong grasp of the other launguage so our conversations were kind of stuttery but it was funny as hell trying to work it all out.

Even more fun was when he gave me 2g which as most people will know is a large help when your started new on a server with little or nothing.

Anyway, in conclusion give the german servers a try. The people are the same as us they just speak a different laungage. And its always fun to try new things, i now know how to say hello in german

'Guten-tag' :)

H

Hargh

I often give people more than 2g and I own probably 200g between all my chars.

Generosity is it's own reward.

I'm sure I have made much much more than that in item hand me downs.

F

Flimgoblin

Archeon - broceliande's a french server... might explain why you were having problems with your german :)

If anyone wants to play on Logres/Midgard give Humberton Goons a ring :) (although we've not played much recently)

Z

Ziva

Easy... learn to speak german or french! Problem solved :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Archeon - broceliande's a french server... might explain why you were having problems with your german :)

He was french? Aww shit man, how am i supposed to hate the french when the guy was nice to me? thanks a lot now my sense of values is totally warped!! :eek:

Z

Zagantia

Originally posted by eben
Do I have to buy another CD for that?

Yes Eben as you will need another CD Key, and another copy of SI if you play that as well. The boxed set of both may be cheaper.

E

eben

Originally posted by Zagantia
Yes Eben as you will need another CD Key, and another copy of SI if you play that as well. The boxed set of both may be cheaper.

And presumably another set of subs per month too? :(

A

arrakeen

as it is now i think i would be a bad idea to make a 3 server, but mabey if they had made it from the beginning it would be better :)

P

parisienscot

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought it was against the code of conduct for one person to play on more than one realm on the same server - they'd probably be able to trace you via your card details.

Personally I play hib on Ys but I've lived in France for 5 years so that's cheating really ;)

Only problem is there are lots of buggy things that happen when you play on a server that is a different language from your client version - your reply key won't work, your ignore list won't block people, if you make a stealther you won't be able to climb keep walls etc etc etc.

This can be fixed by changing "english" to "french" or "german" in your update file and deleting your language folder. Only problem is you have to do the same thing backwards next time you want to play on Pyrd or Excal :-( Quite annoying really.

O

old.yaruar

Learn french or german..

It was amazing how much of my rudimentary french came back when I started my 'keen

It might be more difficult for more hardcore stuff, but dammitt we're european, we should speak europanese.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by parisienscot
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought it was against the code of conduct for one person to play on more than one realm on the same server - they'd probably be able to trace you via your card details.

Personally I play hib on Ys but I've lived in France for 5 years so that's cheating really ;)

Only problem is there are lots of buggy things that happen when you play on a server that is a different language from your client version - your reply key won't work, your ignore list won't block people, if you make a stealther you won't be able to climb keep walls etc etc etc.

This can be fixed by changing "english" to "french" or "german" in your update file and deleting your language folder. Only problem is you have to do the same thing backwards next time you want to play on Pyrd or Excal :-( Quite annoying really.

I forgive you and your wrong.

As long as you don't actualy spec its legal (yes the money hungry goa do it again)

Users who are viewing this thread