differences between daoc Italy and daoc Spain

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
www.dlgamer.com already available online

and prices differ in different countries .. probably taxes or something like that ... try to buy cigarettes or alcohol in one coutnry and then the next price differences are huge

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Wasnt the Euro supposed to even the financial playing field?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
Wasnt the Euro supposed to even the financial playing field?

SUPPOSED to yes. but thats never ever gonna happend aslong as UN lets each diffrent country have their own tax rules.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
the difference are cos in italy they have some clients prepared , and in spain atm they have 0 clients.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still amazed there is even a market for Spanish/Italian clients. o_O

I want a Dutch client, too. :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
I'm still amazed there is even a market for Spanish/Italian clients. o_O

There likely isnt, and it will suck more potential new players from the existing servers :/ Empty servers suck.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The real crap part is the no free month tbh not difference in price (in Italy we got an assassin Copyright protection Law with 20% Vat on Music, Games etc).

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
probably a mistake. The webmaster must have confused the add-on only price with the full version. The full version is 39.99€ in France, Germany and Italy. It would be stupid (for GOA) to sell the same game 29.99€ in Spain and 39.99€ in the rest of Europe. People would just have to buy the spanish version online (remember you can play on any european server with the same subscribtion).

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
SUPPOSED to yes. but thats never ever gonna happend aslong as UN lets each diffrent country have their own tax rules.
err EU VAT rates are very close

VAT rates across the EU are pretty much alike - in Spain most goods have a VAT rate of 16%, Italy 20%.

So 30 euro Spain vs. 45 euro Italy ...
ex-VAT price Spain 27.42 euro, ex-Vat price Italy 37.50 euro

SO <<Wasnt the Euro supposed to even the financial playing field?>>

If these prices are correct its a case of euro for the win!

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Euro was designed to ease trade between the countries, currently all still have there own local taxes in place so there is still in some cases vast differences between certain items, a friend of mine lives in France nr German boarder, and for PC related stuff Germany is alot cheaper, so he pops over to buy stuff, and likewise certain other items are cheaper in France. If the UK had joined we would still keep our local tax policies.

When I first saw this thread asking whats the difference between Spanish/Italin versions of the game I was gonna post the obvious answer 'One is in Spanish, other is in Italian :) '

Lodex

Fledgling Freddie
An other reason problaby is this: Because in Spain promotes the game with a low price because GOA want to promote the Spanish server, while in Italy daoc server was since 2001, but the society that managed daoc ita was failed and therefore is passes to GOA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom