difference between farming and camping in DF

A

aidilid

In my eyes farming at level 50 with SC armour and big shinny weapons is where you can kill green mobs none stop for cash and drops with no chance of ever dying, just the spawn being the holdup. Camping is where solo or groups fight mobs of a much higher level than themselves to gain drops and experience in selected spots. It is an unwritten law that it is not done to hunt in a spot that is already camped and lets hope it continues to be so. Farming is a different matter especialy in DF which is also a rvr area which I beleive camping can not be claimed while farming at level 50. I hope a lot of you agree with me but I will continue to farm when and where I like as I pay my money to play the same as everyone else in DF but never were the area is camped already by lower levels. There is a big difference between farming and camping.
This subject has come about because I met an obnoxious foul mouthed level 50 bard called Yopi who clamed a hugh area in DF as his own farming area as his camp and not caring about lower levels. Perhaps his guild should have a word with him about his foul language and attitude.
By the way I am level 50 and I was farming 15 emerald seals for a friend so thats why I was hunting in a lower level area.
So remember level 50's there is a lot of you about now and you were low once.

Aidilid - level 50 enchanter...

S

SilverHood

Use paragraphs please :D

and there's enough mobs in DF to go around anyway, don't see what the fuss is :)

T

Tesla Monkor

It's not like you lot have DF often enough to even worry about who gets what mobs.. =)

K

Keogh

I'm quite happy to farm a green mob in DF and if no one else is in that area I'll pull other nearby mobs, bt if someone arrives and starts pulling from the other mob I'll just go back to my original one.

A mob is a mob if it drops. Doesn't matter about the colour. The only colour that matters is Gold :D

If i can farm a spot for ages and make loads of easy cash without risk from mobs, mids/hibs are a different matter, then I will and I'll never appologise for it. But I won't, intentionally, pull someone elses mob unless they do it to me, intentionally, first.

T

Tractartus

Originally posted by aidilid
Camping is where solo or groups fight mobs of a much higher level than themselves to gain drops and experience in selected spots. It is an unwritten law that it is not done to hunt in a spot that is already camped and lets hope it continues to be so.

Well, not sure i agree. I'll not hunt if it is camped and I can hunt elsewhere, but what if they are camping the only place you can hunt? I got sick of being told that the Vigis room was camped by a FG so could i please stop pulling single mobs with my inf; or a PBAoE group taking a whole room in DF asking my soloing mini to leave. If its two groups then fair enough one group should may be move, but not if the group stops people soloing or another goup. Classic time is the Ants room in Keltoi- if two groups let one pull left, the other pull to the right- don't claim the room for your self.

T

Tacticus

no camps are ever owned, only the mob your currently fighting.

Anything else is up to whoever players is about.

V

Vim

Originally posted by Tacticus
no camps are ever owned, only the mob your currently fighting.

That logic sucks as no DF spot has enough spawn for more than a fg, if even that.. With some support classes and End Regen you can chainpull.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by Tacticus

a thing called ettiquette(sp), that most people undrestand, but some just dont. follow it.

O

old.job

Level 50 Chanter after 15 Emerald seals?
That musta took about 15 seconds :)

N

-Nxs-

Treat others as you would expect to be treated.

With my necro, if someone is camping an area, i will move on, with my Cleric in Keltoi someone was camping the ant room - so we moved on. And i would expect others to do the same.

Ok as far as the CoC is concerned you only own the mobs you have pulled and cant own a camp - but on prydwen/alb its always been the same for camp spots, which is why i think prydwen is a better server.

Its only been recently with the /level command that other players jump into camp sites and cant see the problem :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom