Die Mids Die

O

old.dwyte

i must admit being lvl 27 sniper in beldmeer (sp? dont give a crap aint my fort :p) was amazing fun, i managed to find a few yellow and blue cons in ammongst the barraging trolls, and take them out, heh

bugged bow? /slap we albs owned that night, and anyone who thinks middies where cheating needs there head read, dont take offence to ignorance mids :p

i do think the middies where lucky to get there fort back though, i seem to remember a few yells about not repairing the doors, no idea why though, maybe it was just a test, i dunno, either way it was amazing fun. i also think no matter what the middies would have got it back, 2 hours+ that siege went on, i was only there for later part of it heh but damn it was fun.

/raise glass to best night in rvr so far

i look forward to many more like it!!!

/salute all who turned up.

glimmer
scout
the shadowblood dynasty

O

old.Del-Unger

I heard the inner door was set to level 10 if thats correct than eventually it would have been your own downfall and to constantly repair a level 10 door takes an amazing amount of lumber and \mucho plat!!!

But no one will take anything away from Albion that night for proving they are a force to be reckoned with and an extremly brave opponent they will be.

Regards

L

Lanceloc

The keep doors

Del,

Both doors were level 10 you are right!

Did you use rams to take it down? I hear that they couldnt be repaired because of AOE casters preventing anyone getting near them.

Is it possible to repair the outer door from inside?

Please tell us what you encountered when you got inside the keep too.

J

Jupitus

Hehe... on this occasion we wanted you at the doors and attacking so we could practice using some catapults...

Hey Solid! Didn't I get you a couple of times as you bashed away on the door? Mmmmm ... if not it's a shame, but its hard to remember all the names that were scrolling by ;)

Jup.

O

old.Del-Unger

Re: The keep doors

Originally posted by Lanceloc
Del,

Both doors were level 10 you are right!

Did you use rams to take it down? I hear that they couldnt be repaired because of AOE casters preventing anyone getting near them.

Is it possible to repair the outer door from inside?

Please tell us what you encountered when you got inside the keep too.

hehe well i wont answer all the questions since it takes alot of fun out of the future raids.......

but those doors were rock hard and needed rams to knock them down, level 10 door on an undefended keep aint so bad just takes time without a ram...

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by dwyte
i do think the middies where lucky to get there fort back though, i seem to remember a few yells about not repairing the doors, no idea why though, maybe it was just a test, i dunno, either way it was amazing fun. i also think no matter what the middies would have got it back, 2 hours+ that siege went on, i was only there for later part of it heh but damn it was fun.

I thought we did ok at Bledmyr, the problem wasn't defence so much as poor healing and repairing. The repairers kept getting killed because not enough clerics where watching out for them. Many people don't seem realise but at the moment the battle is being won at the gates and not the battlements where many of our people seemed to be. Keeping the enemy out by having the doors intact is the deciding factor, we held out for 2 hours but if we had done things right with repairs we could have held them off all night. It might have cost a boatload of money but we are capable of holding out all night when organised.

Thats not to say they weren't the superior force but defending by definition should be easier than attack if properly executed. We lack organisation and practice that is our downfall. I don't doubt that in a while we will be able to mount a real attack/defence and then we have an RvR situation everyone benefits from and enjoys.

J

Jupitus

Actually Chodax, you hit the nail on the head there... we could have held on if we bunged wood into the doors, yes, and we need more practice but we are getting better.

At a strategic level, we wanted Bledmeer to practice keep defence including the use of catapults etc... we got more practice the other night, but not at huge expense - job done :)

Jup.

L

Lanceloc

I didnt see the catapults in action. Did you construct them inside the keep and target someone outside then fire?

O

old.dwyte

i think thats hat i was trying to get at...

my IT tutor was glaring at me so i had to type quickly heh

aye you are right chodax, we could have held on all night if we where a bit more organised, i just cant wait till i got a few more lvls and start nailing some of the higher folks through, (aye through) the keep doors :)

gotta love the lag for quick glimpses :D no idea why a yellow troll was there, but i got him i think.

i have to hand it to middies though, you guys where very persistant. /salute

all the whining and moaning that has gone before dont matter after the other night, we all had good fun and thats what this is supposed to be about :D

glimmer
scout
the shadowblood dynasty

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Lanceloc
I didnt see the catapults in action. Did you construct them inside the keep and target someone outside then fire?

Something along those lines, yes..... let's just say they were hitting several middies at once, and I am sure slowing them down some :)

...and Glimmer... my point is that we WERE organised - it was a concious decision to not try to repair the doors ;)

Enough of our tactics ...

Nuff said,

Jup.

S

Solid

Aye Jupitus I was killed by Catapult splash damage a few times, being in a small group of 3 tanks and No healer, you can imaging hoe usless it was for me to be screaming for someone to heal me as I bashed the doors.

I know you and some other familiar names were there as my PB AoE told me how many of you were repairing doors/firing AE/Catapults :p

The ram was a bit of a non event

We downed the first door (wow it was level 10) without a ram, and someone then built the ram too far away from inner doors, ie we used hammers to twat down BOTH doors.

Anyeay, 5pm, hometime, no more work :p

F

Fightersuntzu

Id like to say congrats to all the mids for taking the keep, i was at the attack and defense.....

I believe we were somewhat disadvantaged due to the force's strength being bled(no pun, of course ;) ) off by boredom and other stuff. As it is we had one ice spec wizard PBAE'in like hell in front of the gates, if everyone stayed we would have had like 4(there were at least 3 at the defense of Caer Renaris.). In other words, major ouchies(for those readers who happen to be trolls, LOL :) ).

I did not see any cheats and/or exploits anywhere the whole night and despite eventually losing i loved it, fwahahahaha.... :)

Oh yeah, grats on 47 Solid, ill hope to carve you up with my nice thrust polearm soon, fwahaha :D

Fightersuntzu, level 32 armsmen, Evil Handyman Extraordinaire, (at times) suicidal maniac, and enjoys playing Who Wants to Shoot the Grey-Con Armsmen in Emain.

F

Fafnir

FFS Bow

I got this bow, i have tried it our, but when i got my hands on a ironwood great comp. bow, i throw the bugged bow away, usin long dist arrows, with the ironwood, i killed a whole of a lot more mobs than with the bugged bow. And should i start to complain about all thoose purp albs that kill me over and over and over again, why the hell should i do that, they r purp, they r more of them against me, so of course they kill me, that a part of the game. But i love the feelin when i crack the skull open on a purp mintstrell when he is busy mezzin a fellow mid. And some Alb r just stupid or crazy, a week ago i had 10 of them after me mostly blue and yellow con, what did i do ran for cover at one of our keeps but they came after me and got killed by the guard, and their cleric was still alive, so i left him be, but he insited in attackin me so three hits later he was dead and no one to rezz his mates, no more fun rvr there. I wonder what he thought he could do against me, the lowest lvl caster i meet that did damage to me conned red, but he died......

So stop your whining and start playin, i died over 100 of times in rvr but that will not stop me..........

O

old.Okies Kayy

So what if things killed lots of people good on the guy.Yea its annoying to be killed by someone you cant see or catch being a tank i aint exactly the carl lewis of rvr but my time will come.And im sure i'll be dancing and singing around his body when it happens.

O

old.Okies Kayy

Just thought about that maybe i wont stop and dance prob get shot by del or something while im celebrating hehe.

F

Fafnir

:)

I wish all rvr where like it was that nite, just a pity my daoc crashed and i had to load it again and found myself down in gna... :-( And when i got back all fun was over.. Atleast i was still there when the hibs attacked our rear, nice point for hammering with my AoE spells..

S

Solid

All I know is we are crying out for a PcvP server asap, non translated so it can be patched to 1.50 asap no delay and we can all log in and keel each other, and Finally I can prove to my Bezerker bretheren that I can keel him in a duel (may sound ludicrous, but I cant exactly say "no Vuk you will wipe the floor with me" now can I?)

F

Fafnir

Emain

Something pretty funny happened last sunday, i had just logged in, and was attacked by a orange mob, and at the sametime a red Alb hignlander came running, watching me, and then attacked the mob. And when it was dead he let me rest, so i got full health, and then he drew his weapon and we started hitting eachother, i almost had him when one of his realm mates came and healed him. It was a good fight, lasted about 5 min, felt like a lifte time, but i had to release since we had no healers in Emain....

Thanx for the fight cant remember your name, have it writen down somewhere.. I guess all that tin has got into your brain....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom