Dido

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Embattle
I think you'll actually find most of the people posting here consider this comment fits you better than any one else....even more so with every dumbass reply and total lack of understanding about peoples personal tastes and how they may just differ from yours.

Ah that old chesnut, when down and out use the 'i think you'll find most people here agree with ME' cliche.

I think YOU'll FIND on this thread all i did was give my opinion on Dido, and other suchdishwater artists. Then because my opinion differes to some people on this board, i was given some 'schtick'.

Explain to them 'personal tastes' not me, I'm quite aware thanks.

O

old.ignus

Nice try but you didn't just give your opinion did you, you've expressed your opinion of such music and then tried to push the idea that anyone who listens to such music is dull and has no understanding of "real" music, and that such people were beneath you and your superior taste. Then when people put their opinion forward in disagreement you reply with insulting remarks and again trying the "I know more then you approach".

By the way how old are you?

M

maxi--

Originally posted by old.ignus
Nice try but you didn't just give your opinion did you, you've expressed your opinion of such music and then tried to push the idea that anyone who listens to such music is dull and has no understanding of "real" music, and that such people were beneath you and your superior taste. Then when people put their opinion forward in disagreement you reply with insulting remarks and again trying the "I know more then you approach".

Please use quotes to justify this, otherwise It's meaningless.

1) Where did i suggest the people who listen to the music are dull?

2) It is real music, I just don't think it's very good. It is real art, I just don't think it's very good. Get the picture?

3) Well, the phrasing of my posts can be percieved as arrogant. Doh_boy ref'd sarcastically me as 'musical genious' (his typo not mine) I did not.
Old Ignus suggested thatI listen to the lyrics too much. This is not true.

I don't think we're on different levels at all, that's your incorrect perception.

O

old.ignus

You do realise that's the first time you've replied to one of my posts without calling me an idiot?

M

maxi--

haha, you know, I deleted the last line that said just after "I dont think we're on different levels..." it said " i just think you're as thick as a pigshit" but, I thought it's far to easy to destract you people from a real argument with piss easy pot shots, it's like you go blind with rage and forget what's been said, only replying to the insult.

So i left it out.

D

Deadmanwalking

Where have i heard similar way of being uber about music before....

Edit: Me posting this will show quite a good reaction if im right ;)

J

Jonaldo

I always grew up beleiving musical taste is all based on opinion and not fact.

Dido is far from bland and she's done some great songs.
The Beatles are probably the best band ever.

The only stuff I've got no time for is drum n bass or thrash/death/black/whatever they wanna call it metal.

S

Sar

Maxi--: A lesser quality photocopy of Scooba?

YOU DECIDE.

:p

M

Munkey-

I dunno, i found that scooba was willing to accomidate other people's music tastes, defending them as well.

Besides, scooba was nicer.

D

Deadmanwalking

Ah i was close..... So scoob.....maxi

M

maxi--

I'm smarter, better looking, lighter and have better taste in music than he does(and shirts)

Say, what happened to him anyway?

S

Sharma

Originally posted by maxi--
and have better taste in music than he does

Except for the most part he could accept others have different music tastes whereas you just slate everyone elses.

D

del_eneste

Originally posted by Ono
I actually quite like her songs.

Am I a woman?
Hmm.. I only like her newest one.. dont really like the others :/

S

SilverHood

I really like most of the songs on her new album, "life for rent" is pretty good, and "sand in my shoes" is my favorite at the moment

nice and soothing when just chilling out relaxing :)

M

Munkey-

On that note, Norah Jones seems a natural evolution on from Dido dont you think?
Such lovliness

T

throdgrain

I have to agree with maxi on quite of a lot of this. Dido, and the other bands he's mentioned, seem to me as dull as dishwater. Banale, I think , is the word Id use to describe them.
Having said that, I wouldnt call you an idiot for likeing or not likeing them, its your choice for gods sake :)

M

maxi--

neitehr would I. I would call someone an idiot if they told me things like 'you listen to the lyrics too much 'some bullshit about more variety if i do'. For the obvious reasons.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oooh, what an interesting thread.

Just bought the Dido album, I own her first album and like to listen to it when I need chilling out. Just listening to the 2nd album as I type this and first impressions: I prefer the 1st album.

Some of the stuff on here is good but I will need to listen to it several times before I can really make a good call on it. As for the copy-protection, BMG are tossers. Not tried it in my cd burner yet but I will....

As for Maxi and his invaluable comments, yes they may be bland to you but not to us. Doesn't mean we are sheep, have shit tastes in music. That is your opinion.

On a side note, if I had a choice of taking a Dido album or a Beatles album on holiday, Dido would win. Does that mean I don't know good music? Bollox does it, means I never liked the stuff the Beatles turned out.

Now, where did I put all my Euphoria albums (they chill me out as well :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom