Did anyone have items restored this weekend?

grimreaper

Fledgling Freddie
or am I being too hopeful that they are truly putting the time in to get this fixed. 15 days now, I hope they fixed a few over the weekend....

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I had one out of three request handled monday afternoon. Seems they have arrived to around late 050905-00069* currently.

Just a shame they reimburse with gold in amounts way below the current market. Somehow I thought they meant to keep the costumers unharmed - apart from the extended downtime.

Poor job GoA. :(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
I had one out of three request handled monday afternoon. Seems they have arrived to around late 050905-00069* currently.

Just a shame they reimburse with gold in amounts way below the current market. Somehow I thought they meant to keep the costumers unharmed - apart from the extended downtime.

Poor job GoA. :(

Well GoA have a problem here, the initital restorations and money will have pushed up prices in the marketplace which means that those who got money later find it is worth less, but the alternative would be to give people the 'market' value on the day of restoration which would not only take alot longer but would also seem unfair to some. I don't think they can really win on that one apart from actually giving back identical objects which they have said is not possible to do for some types of items.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I don't think they can really win on that one apart from actually giving back identical objects which they have said is not possible to do for some types of items.

I can understand why they cannot recreate ROG's.
I can understand why they cannot recreate SC'ing on crafted items.

It's not a technicality though. It's a matter of organisation. First of all it would be near impossible to verify the stats on the items. Second of all it would take ages. They have made around 700 requests in over 14 days. It would be near 100 request in 14 days if they had done it in this details.

However, it is not a matter of "technical possibilities". It's bits and bytes, they can if they want.

But they don't.

The real problem is, that some crafted items are beyond hard to recreate for a player. MP armour is bad enough. For the power player it's a matter of enough gold and time. For the casual it's just tough luck currently.

But, there are other crafted items, like Legendary weapons. That's not possible to recreate - even for the most hardcore power player. You can only buy so many legendary components and only farm so many in any given period of time.

So, the current situation is, that the servers go down for over a week. Then the costumers patiently waits 14 days in a common understanding that the situation is tough and they try their best to solve it with as little pain as possible for the players.

Then they refuse to recreate extremely rare items - and to add insult return gold that doesn't even reach half value of the current market price - nor the theoretical minimum to recreate given enough components.

I am angry and my patience next time something like this happens is used up.

Very poor costumer service GoA. Very poor.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The flush of cash that Mythic is pouring into the game is a two-edged sword. It helps the players that lost their gear insomuch that they have some cash to go shopping with, but:

- 5P for a MP Crafted item is nowhere near enough (The last MP item I crafted, a circlet for my healer, cost me 42P in materials and a few hours to craft)
- 5P for a ROG drop is way too much (ROGs never cost that much, even the good ones are usually 1P at most.)

The end result is a massive influx of cash into the economy, prices on the goods that become more and more rare rise, making items unattainable by the people who got cash, but ALSO for the people who lost no items and thus got no cash for free.

In short, the free cash is not a good solution.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
grimreaper said:
or am I being too hopeful that they are truly putting the time in to get this fixed. 15 days now, I hope they fixed a few over the weekend....

Still waiting. Reported at 5:30 ish on the first day of uptime.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I was 050905-000753. Sorted yesterday.

Also struggling to see the issue with the random item generator people. I got some very handy +power%, +heal%, +buff% items for my Heretic. Sure, some were rubbish, but with 34 Magic Gems, you get a lot of chances to get something good. I reckon I got enough +power% for at least a couple of characters, and once I've worked out which I'm keeping, rest will be on CM at cheap prices for others.

Darzil

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
5P for a MP Crafted item is nowhere near enough (The last MP item I crafted, a circlet for my healer, cost me 42P in materials and a few hours to craft)

42 plat for a circlet :eek2:
That comes out to about 570 retries !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom