Did anyody else know about this?

N

Nala Lionne

Originally posted by Gef
Hehe, ya I think everyone does but the extra weight of that sword would be best put to another few stacks of arrows .. hey hum .. having it poisoned would give me a better excuse ;)

Nah, keep the sword...

What's the point in killing someone if you don't look good at the same time? :D

G

Gef

Originally posted by Nala Lionne
What's the point in killing someone if you don't look good at the same time? :D

Heh, fair comment, if you cant kill someone with style then why bother ;)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Gef
Hehe, ya I think everyone does but the extra weight of that sword would be best put to another few stacks of arrows .. hey hum .. having it poisoned would give me a better excuse ;)
I don't, I carry a drum on my back :p

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by Bluecow
Maybe they whirl it too hard and the poison flicks off and hits them in the eye. Anything could happen

Oww! Who flicks poison. That really hurt.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hmmm... I tend to agree with Inqy. In some way it is cheating - you don't have the skill - you shouldn't be able to use it.

On the other hand... it's not entirely unrealistic, is it?

But a Paladin using poison! Holy cow :m00:!
Perhaps I played AD&D far too long but it makes me shudder thinking a Paladin would use poison - what would God say?;)

What's the point in killing someone if you don't look good at the same time?

:D Love that one... but... isn't your toon a ... troll?

A

Aeiedil

i would say this is a feature

from the assassins pov it is bloody annoying to keep poisioning peoples weapons, also only piercers, 1h blades, and staves can be poisioned.

from other people's points of view it hurts, but it can be viewed as a form of alchemy (temporary proc from the "crafter", an envenom-trained assassin), and also as a form of buff

thats my opinion anyway

as for backfiring, that would make sense to me, after all if you arent experienced in using a poision you might get it on your hands or sommit ;)

as for looking good, i always wear a guarded rapier on my back cause they look cool :) atm i got a sweet black one. also doubles up as having an extra poision to use :)

D

Danya

Pity you're on excal Aeie... would be fun to poison you. :D

O

old.LandShark

come on, backfiring? Isn't RvR random enough as it is?
Alright, run with me here: if you're using envenomed weapons in more than 1% of your fights, then you're duoing with an infiltrator. This means you're in all likelihood another rogue. if you aren't, then the inf is one wierd mother of an assassin...
If you're another rogue, poisoned weapons = Np.

N

Nala Lionne

Originally posted by sickofit...

:D Love that one... but... isn't your toon a ... troll?

Urhhh ... nope ... whatever gave you that impression?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Nala Lionne

Urhhh ... nope ... whatever gave you that impression?

Uhm... now that is a good question.

Forgive me... *breaks down sobbing*

:(

O

old.Elrohir_CBH

backfiring? How can it backfire , you let your sword be poisoned and then stab yourself ? ;q

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Gef
Would be a bit silly letting a lvl 20 char have lifebane, could solo reds easily :rolleyes:

hmm.. a new way to lvl my alts? :)

N

Nala Lionne

Originally posted by sickofit...

Uhm... now that is a good question.

Forgive me... *breaks down sobbing*

:(

Hmm, this one time, but you've been warned.

V

Valdamar

fumbles . . . .

I think the possibility of backfire is a really good idea. Its fine that non rouges can use poisoned weapons but there sould be a risk to it as they arent trained in using them.

Maybe they whirl it too hard and the poison flicks off and hits them in the eye. Anything could happen
Yeah and if you fumble an attack you should hack your own foot off - say 10% HP loss, long duration bleed and snared for a couple of hours :) I always loved doing that to players when I was GMing pen'n'paper RPGs ;)

Btw Bluecow its ROGUES, although I guess cosmetic powder would struggle to use poison weapons as well :D

G

Gef

Was having a play last night with my shade, works a treat :)

O

old.Niljindil

Re: fumbles . . . .

Originally posted by Valdamar
Btw Bluecow its ROGUES, although I guess cosmetic powder would struggle to use poison weapons as well :D

ROFL! :D

B

Bluecow

Whoops my bad. If I can't make spelling mistakes at 15 when can I make them?

N

Nala Lionne

Whoops my bad. If I can't make spelling mistakes at 15 when can I make them?

It wasn't that he was taking the p*ss out of you for not being able to spell, it's just that you happened to spell a different word, "rouges" as in a type of make up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom