DICE and DC Dev Team Sign Agreement

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
More people playing BF42, mod or not can only be a good thing for the game as a whole. Hopefully this will help with that. Who knows, Dice might even give DC some kind of balance, which can only be a good thing.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
The problem I can see is them ditching DC and working on this 'new project'. Which knowing DICE will be a modern warfare expansion pack for BF:V. Maybe the next version of BF will be BF:Gulf War, and the'll contract it out to the DC team - who knows.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say that a medieval mod would be fun but I expect melee combat would be painfully horrible due to the bf engine. Savage is the daddy for hand-to-hand anyway despite the latest patch making ranged weapons much better. Europe release at the end of this month hopefully :)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Modern combat with HCs and Slippers is lots of fun, if DC included those next release I'd be all over it.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
Would it be safe to say the reasoning or hopes behind making a mod for a game are changing thesedays?

Ever since valve started buying fan made mods theres this air of "if we make this good we could make some money". A kind of commercial aim behind what used to be a purely volunteer "for the community" activity.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, since it gets people into the industry and lets us the players get more fun from our vanilla games.

Just an observation about modern day mod making :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom