DiamondTron monitors

A

adams901

Recently got an iiyama 19" 454 pro monitor (mainly for its ability to do 1600x1200 @ 100MHz) but have to admit the 2 Horizontal damper wire shadows that run across the screen are fucking annoying.

Does anyone know of a similiar 19" monitor capable of 1600x1200 @100MHz that doesnt have damper wire shadows?

Cheers

W

Will

I have one of those iiyama monitors too, and I stopped noticing the damper wires after a few weeks, except against white backgrounds. And the only one of those I ever see is Google.

A

adams901

I might have to send it back, i find the 2 lines distracting.

I may go back to an LG monitor, their flatscreen monitors produce crystal clear pictures, the only problem is they have 85MHz for 1600x1200.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by adams901

I may go back to an LG monitor, their flatscreen monitors produce crystal clear pictures, the only problem is they have 85MHz for 1600x1200.

is that a problem? btw, I don't even see the wires on my vm-pro512 unless I actively look at them

A

adams901

suppose there isnt a problem, and I doubt if I will even notice the difference between 100 and 85... what you think?.

T

Testin da Cable

I always use 85 myself, for all possible combos between 800x600 and 1600x1200
1280x1024 is my fave 'doze rez, and 1600x1200 is my fave unix rez.
I usually play games at 1024x768x32@85, slowly working up the scales to a higher rez, because I feel that perspective changes from rez to rez and I tend to fall off things and stuff :)

W

Will

I like to abuse 1600x1200@100Hz for my games.

Though a lot of my games grind to a halt with Quincunx AA enabled at that res. That should be fixed soon, eh adams?;)

S

(Shovel)

Agree with TDC - I also have the 454 - the lines just disappear after a while. For a monitor this good, it really isn't a problem.

And yes, I abuse Jedi Knight at 1600x1200 at 100Hz too... though my 133Mhz SDRAM struggles with other games at that res.

T

Testin da Cable

disapear as in you just don't see them. especially not while playing games. even in something like morrowind, with it's fairly static screens.

B

Big G

anything that's a Diamondtron or a Trinitron tube, or based on/around those technologies will have two horizontal damping wires - there is no getting away from it afaik.

If it bothers you that much, go for flat panel. I have a VM Pro 450 and you only notice it on a white screen and if you actually *try* to look for them.

Gaz

E

Embattle

Well I'm on my 8th Iiyama monitor after having serious USB interference problems on the 4-5 VM451 I had and then having a few 454 now, even this one seems a little blurred around the text.

B

Big G

i've noticed these new "ultra bright" monitors ones make text blurred too, particulary when you use the bright mode.

Good idea in principal: flick a switch make monitor bright - but not when it makes things difficult to read.

Gaz

A

adams901

How you turn the ultra bright thing off?, I notice that the text is not as sharp around the edge of the screen, and using the nokia screen test you can see this more.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=960

I have ordered the LG 19" F900P from Evesham to compare them, so far I have the following Pros and Cons...

iiyama 454 Pro HM903DTA

I have now got used to the lines and don't notice them as much but will still list them as a con.

Pro's
Deep Rich Colours
Higher MHz

Cons
2 Damper wires visible on screen
Text isn't very sharp around the edge of the screen
Makes my eyes ache for some reason.

LG 19" F900P
Very sharp picture on the whole screen

Cons
Lacks colour Depth (I don't know this for sure as I am going on the last LG monitor I owned (LG "17 795plus)

Back to the iiyama again, why does the catalyst driver for the 9700 pro keep limiting the monitor to 85MHz in 1600x1200, if I uninstall the catalyst driver I can set the monitor to 100Mhz.

C

.cage

this monitor must be some space age technology, mhz and all

W

Will

Adams, press menu, go right three times, press menu, go right twice, press menu, change to text mode.

Sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread