Diamond infernal sword /salvage thing.

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, you know when you get lots of diamond seals, and you buy the infernal malison broadsword to /salvage. Well currently it salvages 100 diamond bars.

But I have heard that once the new patch comes (sometime this week) it will salvage to arcanite, but for a lower number of bars.

So my question is does anyone know how many bars it will salvage for (ive heard 10) and also how much will this hinge for. As currently a single sword is worth 220g.

I need to know soon as I have 3600 seals to sell, and obviously I dont want to lose money.

Cheers.

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Currently 100 diamond bars (15 diamond seals) salvages for 223g 56s.

If it got converted to 10 bars of arcanite, it would be only worth 50g 30s 10c trinketed. However, I do not believe that they have changed it in the upcoming patch. Historically, items that, for their DPS/AF, should salvage to tier 9 and 10 materials, but salvage to diamond were created when there were no tier 9 and 10 materials in the game (pre 1.48?) in general (although there is a CM flute drop that salvages for netherite). Newer items, created when SI came out, take account of tier 9 and 10 materials hence salvage for netherite and arcanite then a further change was the number of bars being standardised based on the type of drop (5 small items 10 medium items 15 large items.

Reading http://pub96.ezboard.com/fdarkageofcamelottradeskillsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2268.topic on DAoC tradeskills forum, people are discussing trinketing and whether it should be taken out and also whether DF items should be converted to tier 9 and 10 materials. As the Americans are ahead of us in patching that is why I believe that there isn't a change as yet.

Personally, I would prefer a conversion to arcanite/netherite as it would save me a lot of time. Of course, I would like it that they made the trinketed value roughly equivalrnt (44-45 bars of arcanite instead of 100).

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
Well I for one am not going to wait and see, Im gonna start salvaging all these swords. I dont need to start hinging now. Only the salvage.

Pom and Borg : if your reading this I suggest you do the same, better safe than sorry mate....

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
Elricstormbringer said:
Personally, I would prefer a conversion to arcanite/netherite as it would save me a lot of time. Of course, I would like it that they made the trinketed value roughly equivalrnt (44-45 bars of arcanite instead of 100).

It would be a god send if they actually did that, cant stand trinketing crappy diamond seals. Arcanite4tehwin!!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
my craft bot is only 820 in metal and wood atm and have in my vault about 2000+ duskwood and just bought cheap lot of arcanite 500 bars waiting till i can salvage and make me rich

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
I agree arcanite would be better, cos its quicker to hinge, but I dont think the return is the same. So unfortunately Ive got ~24000 dia bars to hinge!

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
f1sty said:
I agree arcanite would be better, cos its quicker to hinge, but I dont think the return is the same. So unfortunately Ive got ~24000 dia bars to hinge!

It doesnt matter what metal u trinket, i think they all give 98% of the cost back. As far as turning DF merchant items from diamond to arcanite salvagable, why don't you have a good read of the patch notes, i'm pretty sure if they were going to do those sort of changes it would be in there.

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
f1sty said:

Only about 22 hours work that. Now if they salvaged to an equivalent money value of arcanite (44 bars), that would be about 8 hours or so work (off the top of my head)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
rofl there was some numpty in Dom saying this from TD and i told him then he was talkin out his *****

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
if u guys need to get rid of some dia seals/bars or whatver let me know :D :flame:

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
rofl there was some numpty in Dom saying this from TD and i told him then he was talkin out his *****

Btw was not me in Dom, but be nice please dont be a p***k.

Erm it was a question, not a statement, was merely asking if anyone knew, besides chill out uber PDC dude, when people ask a question its usually polite to respond in a friendly adult manner. Obviously you are neither.

Also I was trying to warn people just incase, so people didnt potentially lose cash, cos Im nice like that.

Twisted

Fledgling Freddie
Anyway the swords salvage to 100 diamond bars .. just like they used to ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom