Games Diablo on mobile

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I struggle to do work with the imternets intefering, there's no way I'm gonna start mobile gaming.

Plus, proper diablo, on PC. :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I struggle to do work with the imternets intefering, there's no way I'm gonna start mobile gaming.

Plus, proper diablo, on PC. :)
Mobile gaming, LOL.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Who hasn't dreamt of being able to do a Baal run whilst having a shit?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Having a shit playing shit.

You'll probably have to pay for some DLC in order to play it within the vicinity of a toilet.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well to be fair the fans have spoken and it was not a nice conversation. Also, Diablo Immortal is a reskin of an existing pay2win game. You would never have thought this would happen when mentioning Blizzard's IP but the truth is that Activi$ion has been removing the top bods and running it how they see fit. Sad times for Blizzard and the millions of die hard loyal fans.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The reveal was basically a big fuck you to all the people who paid hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to be there when they revealed D2 Remastered or D4. They paid all that money to be there for what is probably the biggest let down in recent gaming history!

Blizzard straight up told the most hardcore pc gaming fans of the franchise, not only that they were seeking new markets(meaning not you idiots in the crowd) but also that the game would only be available on mobile devices!

The reactions are more than fair and Blizzard should say sorry to all of the Diablo fans before releasing this piece of shit, and hurry the fuck up with D2R or D4

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Well to be fair the fans have spoken and it was not a nice conversation. Also, Diablo Immortal is a reskin of an existing pay2win game. You would never have thought this would happen when mentioning Blizzard's IP but the truth is that Activi$ion has been removing the top bods and running it how they see fit. Sad times for Blizzard and the millions of die hard loyal fans.

Yeah its not even Blizzard product, they've got some asian company reskinning there already existing game. its a dumpster fire, god knows what they were thinking giving it all the big messages and announcing it at blizzcon, it was obviously a car crash waiting to happen.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately and there's been a huge influx of former Blizzard fans checking it out this weekend, which has been fun.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately and there's been a huge influx of former Blizzard fans checking it out this weekend, which has been fun.

I love PoE, constant content updates keeps it fresh.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I love PoE, constant content updates keeps it fresh.

The problem I have it PoE is that it far too easy so it makes the endless grind very very boring along with the fact that it's designed to get people to spend as much in the shop as possible. It's almost like it was designed as a mobile game ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah its not even Blizzard product, they've got some asian company reskinning there already existing game. its a dumpster fire, god knows what they were thinking giving it all the big messages and announcing it at blizzcon, it was obviously a car crash waiting to happen.
There was a Ted talk about the success of mobile games...ultra cheap development and massive income levels.
Its a no brainer.
The return on PC games is a pittance in comparison.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The problem I have it PoE is that it far too easy so it makes the endless grind very very boring along with the fact that it's designed to get people to spend as much in the shop as possible. It's almost like it was designed as a mobile game ;)

The shop gives zero gameplay benefits tho :p it's just cosmetic and vault space (which isn't actually needed) and PoE is free to play.

Afran

Part of the furniture

It's far too easy? Curious to hear what you've accomplished within the game. Don't mean to sound like a dick, but I imagine if you have that view then you either haven't really reached the end-game or haven't engaged in the hardest of the end-game content (currently obviously Delve bosses at very deep floors, but look at things like Uber Elder prior to that) or you play softcore and have tonnes of deaths claming it's easy.

As for your mobile game comment, lol.

On topic - Already discussed this quite a bit with friends, it was a huge fuckup to make this standalone announcement to a Blizzcon crowd... Everyone there is for their love for PC games. I'm of the opinion that if they had also announced Diablo 4 or D2 remastered at the same time then this backlash wouldn't of happened.

Pretty ridiculous if this is true though:

Rumor: Blizzard was going to announce Diablo 4 at BlizzCon but cancelled at the last minute | PC Gamer

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9uayb7/diablo_4_was_supposed_to_be_announced_at_this/

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

The D4 thing wouldn't surprise me, Blizzard have to be thinking "We need to do better than POE" going into a new ARPG release, POE may not have Blizzards resources (even after being bought out by that Chinese company) but POE offers constant content, Diablo 4 would have to at very least match the constant content, if they released D4 with rifts again as a main endgame point people would just go "Lol, fuck off" and keep playing POE.

Afran

Part of the furniture
The D4 thing wouldn't surprise me, Blizzard have to be thinking "We need to do better than POE" going into a new ARPG release, POE may not have Blizzards resources (even after being bought out by that Chinese company) but POE offers constant content, Diablo 4 would have to at very least match the constant content, if they released D4 with rifts again as a main endgame point people would just go "Lol, fuck off" and keep playing POE.

Indeed, thing is, I'm not sure Blizzard have what it takes anymore to do that.

I'll no doubt try D4 whenever it does release, but it would have to be so very different from D3, have a way to make a lot of money (because Blizzard) thus just selling the game wouldn't be enough for them, they'd end up making microtransactions (just cosmetics, hopefully), could even be they're using the mobile game as a testing ground for this, since people EXPECT microtransactions (though usually p2w) with shitty mobile games. I have great doubts it'll end up really competing with PoE though, I think GGG would have to majorly fuck up the game for Diablo to have any chance in the forseeable future.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, thing is, I'm not sure Blizzard have what it takes anymore to do that.

I'll no doubt try D4 whenever it does release, but it would have to be so very different from D3, have a way to make a lot of money (because Blizzard) thus just selling the game wouldn't be enough for them, they'd end up making microtransactions (just cosmetics, hopefully), could even be they're using the mobile game as a testing ground for this, since people EXPECT microtransactions (though usually p2w) with shitty mobile games. I have great doubts it'll end up really competing with PoE though, I think GGG would have to majorly fuck up the game for Diablo to have any chance in the forseeable future.

If Blizzard really want to A) gain massive fan approval and B) gain money, they should release D4 as a fully free game and just cram microtransactions into it for cosmetics etc like POE did, proven to work and people are generally more forgiving when free games have microtransactions, people paying £40-50 for a game AND it having microtransactions is a big no no.

Syri

FH is my second home
If Blizzard really want to A) gain massive fan approval and B) gain money, they should release D4 as a fully free game and just cram microtransactions into it for cosmetics etc like POE did, proven to work and people are generally more forgiving when free games have microtransactions, people paying £40-50 for a game AND it having microtransactions is a big no no.
Unless you're Blizzard, who charge £40 for an expansion, £10 a month subscription AND also have micro-transactions for pets, mounts and services.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm genuinely waiting for the point where Actizard start charging people subscriptions to use Battlenet and then have a smaller £50 fee per game.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It's far too easy? Curious to hear what you've accomplished within the game. Don't mean to sound like a dick, but I imagine if you have that view then you either haven't really reached the end-game or haven't engaged in the hardest of the end-game content/

I got two characters (Marauder and Witch) to levels 95+ on what ever the hardest difficultly was at the time, not hardcore though, but that was before the Delve expansion came out. I meant it's easy because once you get your min/max build path started you can simply power through the levels. Hell get a totem and you can pretty much afk win combat.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
D2R/D4 should be a one time fee for the game and then f2p single player and a monthly sub to play online with cosmetic microtransactions.

The grind that made D2 great would totally disappear if you could just buy runes and high end items through microtransactions.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
A well known Diablo content creator on Youtube received a tweet back in October warning the announcement was going to be a Diablo game, he took no notice of it at the time because the person claimed they were from Blizzard - they looked back over the persons tweets and the Diablo 4 part is quite interesting.

"
Back on October 17th, Rhykker tweeted:

" Someone sent me an anonymous tweet: "The Diablo announcement at BlizzCon is a mobile Diablo game made by a China studio. See if I am right at BlizzCon, I work for Blizzard, no D4 announcement "

View: https://twitter.com/rhykker/status/1053153366866649088

He didn't take the leak serious because the person behind the leak didn't verify his identity.

I did some searching and found the person behind the tweet, a user called discreeetly (edit: this is not a personal account but an account people can tweet anonymously from). Here's his original tweet to Rhykker:
View: https://twitter.com/discreeetly/status/1052456726224666624

Looking through the twitter feed, here's what else I found:

- Back on June 20th, he tweeted Asmogold the following:

" @Asmogold How do I know this is all true? I work for Blizzard. To prove this, It is a few months off, one of the BlizzCon things is a mobile Diablo game made by Blizzard’s 3rd party team in China. 15b2b1b31c88d7 "

View: https://twitter.com/discreeetly/status/1009641056466452481

- On November 3rd he tweeted Rhykker again saying:

" @rhykker Hey again :) Just one last thing for you that I thought of when I was watching your stream. You said you didn't like open world/MMO (if I remember right). D4 will have an open world design to it. 15bdd371adb55b "

View: https://twitter.com/discreeetly/status/1058766442789662720

So yeah, pretty interesting stuff..

EDIT: I just realized the twitter account is not a personal account, it's a website called http://discreeetly.com/ where you can tweet anonymously -- but still, the tweets seems to come from the same person

EDIT 2: Please note that people are starting to make troll tweets via the discreeetly account. Anything Diablo related tweeted today and forward can't be taking seriously

EDIT 3: Rhykker tweeted regarding this:
View: https://twitter.com/rhykker/status/1059932168623964161
"

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The reaction is more involving than the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom