Diablo 4

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Would make sense, people were already considering a new Diablo game due to Diablo 3 staff being wrangled into a "New Game" set in the Diablo universe.

"Last year there were rumors that Blizzard could be working on a new Diablo 3 expansionfollowing the Reaper of Souls expansion. It was also rumored to debut at BlizzCon 2015but obviously that did not happen. In fact we weren’t even treated to anything Diablo 3 related at the event, and now maybe we might know why.

According to a report from BlizzPro, it seems that Diablo 3’s rumored expansion has been “replaced” by Diablo 4. Yup, it sounds like Blizzard is more keen on launching an entirely brand new Diablo game instead of working on an expansion for the current game. How did they arrive at this conclusion?

For starters there are job listings on Blizzard’s career page for Team 3, which is the Diablo team. The listings are also calling for Senior Concept Artists, Senior Character Designer, and Senior VFX Artist which hints that Blizzard is still in the early stages of planning the game. The report also points out how various key team members of Diablo 3 have left the company.

For example Leonard Boyarsky, the Lead World Designer for Diablo 3 has left, while other members such as John Yang and Don Vu have been taken off the team and are now working with the World of Warcraft team in preparation for the upcoming Legion expansion. With a skeletal crew remaining, it has been speculated that the remaining members will focus on patch-related material rather than a new game/expansion.

Of course this is just speculation and given how popular the Diablo franchise is, we doubt Blizzard will be letting it die anytime soon. However with Legion pegged for a release later this year and Overwatch next month, we reckon that Blizzard is probably trying to focus on those games, but what do you guys think? Would you prefer a new Diablo 3 expansion or would a Diablo 4 be of more interest to you?"

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I stopped liking D3 when they nerfed my WW Barb :eek:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I would only be interested in a Diablo 4 if it included the Necromancer right from the get go.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Was Diablo 3 worth playing at all? That one passed me by.

It had a terrible launch, arguably one of the worse launches I've ever seen in a game ever. They have been gradually making it better over the years though but the launch had a huge impact on its population, only die hard D3 fans were still playing it basically.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The shop aspect killed it for me. Drops were crap etc. They got rid of the shop now. Yay. And implemented drop and loot fixes. Not p,ayed it in a long while tho

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Was ok for a couple of play-throughs. Didn't really see the point in playing the same content over and over just to get gear so you can play the same content over and over.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Was ok for a couple of play-throughs. Didn't really see the point in playing the same content over and over just to get gear so you can play the same content over and over.
You've played Diablo before right? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom