Diablo 4 FreddysHouse clan

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nowt serious, was just wondering if people that are going to try D4 fancy putting a FH clan together. No hardcore commitments, just fun, casual gameplay by yourself with access to other freddys OR casual gameplay with other freddys.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Didn't try the beta but I assume I'll be buying in June :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is it just me - it doesn't look any better than Diablo 3.

Is it going to be more of the same? Guitar + woods levels, then into the desert, then down some increasingly Hieronymus Bosch/Dante's Inferno stuff, with some star bridge twaddle before you tonk Diablo (or a relative) at the end?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Is it just me - it doesn't look any better than Diablo 3.

Is it going to be more of the same? Guitar + woods levels, then into the desert, then down some increasingly Hieronymus Bosch/Dante's Inferno stuff, with some star bridge twaddle before you tonk Diablo (or a relative) at the end?
Well obvs yes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Um - cos everyone else will be playing 4? :)
*sigh*

I might purchase then.

If it's not some god damn awful money-rinsing subscription pay2win model.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I played the beta (and I play D3 regularly) the game play is a little similar however in terms of how it looks D4 is superb. There are battle passes for cosmetics there is no player power tied to them at this time however.

Yoni

yes it does or you fork out a higher price for the game at the start.... i am a fan girl so yes I did :).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was going to say I don't know how I feel about these models, but I do. I hate P2W and this is kind of worse in some ways. It's like I dislike the pay to jump queues at theme parks.

You should pay for a game. Maybe pay for real quality additional content in the future. But once you've paid for a game you should have access to it all, and the best version of it.

It makes me very sad that not only companies act that way, but punters put up with it :(

Yoni

the campaign was superb and end game is looking to be ok also huzzah!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Been playing a bit (didn't pay for early access, fuck that shit) and just finished the first act. Say what you like about the current state of Blizzard but the presentation is fantastic. All their huge budget is visible on the screen and the sound, especially the music is amazing. Too early in the game (for me) to say how the end game balance is but certain skiils seem way more powerful than others and if you don't pick them you're at a big disadvantage.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Questions:

If you don't pay for pretty is it ugly as fuck? Is the pretty worth it?
Is there a pay 2 win mechanism ongoing, or is it just like team fortress and you're literally only paying for hats?
What's the difference in cash paying for the full game? Or do you end up sucked into an ongoing subscription?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Still not got this. Playing Elden Ring and trying to leave room for a life :(

Zarjazz

If you don't pay for pretty is it ugly as fuck? Is the pretty worth it?
It has insane production values and is very well optimized so it'll look and run good on a potato PC (sad to say that's not common for many of the releases this year). But having said that it's an ARPG, if you don't like ARPGs then you probably won't like this.

Is there a pay 2 win mechanism ongoing, or is it just like team fortress and you're literally only paying for hats?
What's the difference in cash paying for the full game? Or do you end up sucked into an ongoing subscription?
There is no pay to win, no subscription, only cosmetics ***. The more expensive versions gave you extra cosmetics and 4 days early access. There are battle passes announced but again they only give cosmetics. There will be paid DLC's in the future but that was the same for Diablo 3 and will give new maps and character types (probably Monk and/or something else).

*** FOR NOW. It's Blizzard, who the fuck knows what they will do in the future and yes they want to make this some kind of game-as-a-service model to extra the most amount of money possible from players.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thanks @Zarjazz.

So, pay for pretty (which is weird, but wtf, gotta be better than pay to win). It'll run on a 1080ti no doubt.

Might just spunk, depending on how much it all is :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell. Ninety quid for ultimate, and you still have to pay for armour and shit?!

Wowzers. Might wait until the summer ends :)

Edit: Can someone explain fucking battle passes to me? I'm an old man who used to believe when you bought a game you got everything. I get DLC, but this pass system that seems to be infecting games I've just not bothered reading up on because I was losing the will to live.

Someone give an old man a "Battle Pass Guide for Dummies" pretty please

:)

Last edited:

Zarjazz

Someone give an old man a "Battle Pass Guide for Dummies" pretty please

It's all cosmetic stuff and aimed at the whales who will splurge £25 on some digital armour. Frankly all the base stuff looks just as good and the game already comes with a transmog system that means you can create an outfit that looks better than a lot of the shop content.

The Diablo 4 Battle Pass offers the following rewards:
  • Premium Currency: Used to purchase cosmetics.
  • Free Tiers: Available to every player.
  • Premium Tiers: Seasonal cosmetics and aesthetics. Only available in the Premium Battle Pass.
  • Season Boosts: Accelerates XP earned to make leveling multiple characters faster. Available to everyone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given what I'll probably end up doing is what I usually do - make some sort of mage, play it through on solo once, then never play it again - I'll think I'll give that a miss then ;)

Cheers dude.

But seriously. They should release this sort of stuff during the depths of winter, when it's cold and you don't want to be outside. Not during a light at 4am, dark at 11pm European heatwave ;)

Zarjazz

But seriously. They should release this sort of stuff during the depths of winter, when it's cold and you don't want to be outside. Not during a light at 4am, dark at 11pm European heatwave ;)
There is Starfield and Baldurs Gate 3 being released in the same week later this year. Those will take up many people's winters 😁

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is Starfield and Baldurs Gate 3 being released in the same week later this year. Those will take up many people's winters 😁
I try to complete Baldurs Gate 1 every 3 years or so. I last tried this xmas. I always get to the same point - not that far in really - and get bored and give up.

I really *want* to like it more. I enjoy the story etc. But I think I'd rather just read a book tbh. Which is a shame, as I have my eye on BG3 too - and unless I've been through 1 and 2 it seems pointless.

Anyway. It's *really sunny* out, I own a bike and a kayak, live in the hills and have a bloody farm. Games are really dying for me :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. I kicked it off downloading last night at about 9pm.

Currently at 83% :eek:

It's fucking gorgeous out today and I've got a big steak and some quality sausage for my BBQ and my box of Welsh Mountain Cider has turned up, so I'm going to not play Diablo, and instead eat meat and drink apple juice before I head off for a lesson in Jew-hating in Manc tomorrow. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tempted to get a refund if I can.

Enjoying it (ish) but it's too often disconnecting then starting me way back and I'm losing hours of play time. That's happening even when my internet is stable - mobs in dungeons stop moving, I can move about but not interact with anything. It's got to be blizzards side. Very demotivating to waste so much time.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Enjoying it (ish) but it's too often disconnecting then starting me way back and I'm losing hours of play time. That's happening even when my internet is stable - mobs in dungeons stop moving, I can move about but not interact with anything. It's got to be blizzards side. Very demotivating to waste so much time.

If it is Blizzards side you would surely read about more examples.

Zarjazz

Aren't you on Elon-SkyNet?

I've not had a single disconnect since I started playing. At worst I've had a few instances of lag and that seems to be the norm for the rest of the huge playerbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom