Df Merchants

A

annwynn

Found an item on Allakhazams website that says there is a belt in df (Iono merchant) called the Exquiste Infernal Diamond Belt - 120 hits.

Been to df just and Iono doesnt have this item - only the normal df belt with 67 hits

Anyone know if this is a new item due to come or if its an old item that can no longer be bought ? Would be ideal from my sc template ;))

Thanks

Annie

K

Kindar

I think thats the updated belt in 1.64 or 1.65....at least it ain't ingame yet :)

A

agon

i'm 90% sure it's an upgraded version.. don't remember which patch it comes with though

A

Aoami

1.64 brings df and other item upgrades, such as dragon drops & tg drops (+ all weap skills etc).

A

annwynn

Ahhh brilliant - thanks a lot ;))

I can hold out and wait for this then so all capped in my sc template ;)

Thanks for your help all

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by annwynn
I can hold out and wait for this then
there's no telling when 1.64 will be upon us, probably months.

H

hellish

Originally posted by Whisperess
there's no telling when 1.64 will be upon us, probably months.

Nah, GOA will probably work hard enough to get ToA out in time, so 1.64 should probably be here pretty soon.

P

picard_locutus

Originally posted by hellish
Nah, GOA will probably work hard enough to get ToA out in time, so 1.64 should probably be here pretty soon.

LOL

that's the best one I've heard in a long time :)

C

chosen

Originally posted by picard_locutus
LOL

that's the best one I've heard in a long time :)

actually i think it is true, people will leave for the new MMORPGS comming out, so GOA gotta do something soon :)

P

picard_locutus

I wouldn't mind if it is true. But they seem to be slower at translating than a 4th grade english class.

But i hope you are right..

G

Guinnessrules

funny thing is that for excal and prydw they don't have to translate anything, still we get the patches last.

French should keep doing cheese and wine, nothing technical imo.
Oh, and ofc. they r very good at design too :)

An other thing, when r they gonna fix the billing-issues???
I know several peeps that thinks about quitting the game cause they r tired of all the bugs in that department.
Me is one as i pay 6 months at once, if their gonna keep draw, give back, draw double, give back etc...... it kinda pisses u off that u can never be sure how much cash u have to spend.

J

Jayco

I wouldn't mind if it is true. But they seem to be slower at translating than a 4th grade english class.

But i hope you are right..

I agree with you that they don't translate very fast. However, I think it has got more to do with Mythic than with GOA.

You see, all Mythic had to worry about when writing this piece of software is one language: English. That's why they probably haven't implemented a smart localization system that can switch languages quickly.

The result is that they send the source code to GOA and they have to search through countless lines of code for the english text, then implement their localization system and rince repeat.

I have dabbled a bit with software that needed localization and trust me, when it's done wrong, you'll regret it for the rest of that software's lifespan.

P

picard_locutus

Or the french and german ppl can learn to speak english like the rest of us have to.... SHAME ON THEM :)

J

Jayco

Or the french and german ppl can learn to speak english like the rest of us have to.... SHAME ON THEM :)

Actually, that's something I can get pretty pissed about too. The majority of germans and french refuses to speak english (even if you speak english to them, they reply in their own language) or doesn't know the language...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Jayco
Actually, that's something I can get pretty pissed about too. The majority of germans and french refuses to speak english (even if you speak english to them, they reply in their own language) or doesn't know the language...

so do you speak any other language than english?:p

Ow and the french and german servers wont be removed as thats the whole idea why goa was created most likely (besides its also being the biggest part of their customers).

J

Jayco

I speak dutch, english, german and french...and for one reason only: In The Netherlands you have to learn these 4 languages whether you like it or not. Ofcourse you don't have to major in all of them, but the basics are known.

It's common knowledge that the french and german have only 1 or 2 languages that are compulsory, and I even think english isn't one of those.

Moreover, the point is not that the german and french servers should be removed, but that GOA has a harder job translating than everyone thinks at first.

A

azazash

excal may as well be turned in to a French/German/Dutch server because nobody speaks English on it anyway.

H

Haldar

Originally posted by azazash
excal may as well be turned in to a French/German/Dutch server because nobody speaks English on it anyway.

ne pizdi, chuvak!

oh i meant dont talk shit, man :D

A

azazash

Er i can say what i like, that is my opinion, and being as though 90% of the Excalibur Midgard realm is made up of French/Dutch/Germans, with the other 10% being English/Spanish etc, its hardly suprising everyone speaks their own "guild" language, as most guilds are of mainland european origin.

Im english and i dont speak any other language so you can imagine my frustration when entire chat logs are of a language i dont understand.

J

Jayco

Originally posted by azazash
...and being as though 90% of the Excalibur Midgard realm is made up of French/Dutch/Germans, with the other 10% being English/Spanish

I highly doubt that statement. I believe the majority of the foreign people are scandinavian. There are only a handful of dutch people and even less german and french.

To be honest most dutch would rather play on an english server than a dutch server, if there were one. Dutch (and I think german too) just looks too silly when you are playing a game or watching a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread