TV Dexter Season 7

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I have Dexter SE01 on my hard drive. Will have to get round to watching it. I think I watched bits of episode 1 and 2, but its on my "to watch list". I love the breakfast opening credits sequence. Always made me gag for bacon & eggs. Do they still have them?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yes, the opening sequence hasn't changed at all.

I am looking forward to S7 immensely.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Only 3 months till I can watch it. Dexter is best watched in one hit :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fuuuuuuuck.
When Dexter walks in and Deb is sat there with knives, slides, etc. EPIC.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sweet Jesus! Awesome opener for the season. Gif next week and the week after already.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bye bye Louis! Would've preferred some excruciating eye-drilling action, though.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Great Episode 3

I hope Miss Strahovski's part gets more involved, eye candylicious!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
This Isaac chap is a bit of a badass,
I'm struggling to accept that he just talked the barman into offing himself though. And Batista's reasoning for thinking that it's not a straight-forward suicide is a bit... tenuous.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Right, in a show about a serial killer who works for the police, rescued his sister from a serial killer, had his wife killed by a serial killer, etc etc that's the bit that makes you go stahp, wait a minute.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pretty much, yeah. All those other things were major plot devices; this feels like they've just quickly brute-forced a way to keep the larger story ticking over without wasting too much time on the how's and the when's. Which is good in the grander scheme of things, it just made me go hmm.
You'd think the doting father of two young kids would hesitate before voluntarily putting the gun to his head and pulling the trigger. And then somebody *had* to have a problem with the perfectness of it all otherwise that whole bit would've been a complete waste of time.
It just all felt a bit contrived.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh my fucking god, never saw that coming. Where the fuck is Season 8????

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was good, but the whole season felt rushed. The ending was too obvious.

However it has set up nicely for season 8.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I thought it was pretty average. The season as a whole, not just the climax.

I think we were spoiled with Trinity to be honest, they're never going to better that season or him as a general badass.

And yeah, the ending was pretty obvious.
Paying 2 boys to lure the guy to his car and then kidnapping him in broad daylight isn't really Dex's style, it has to be said.

La Guerta had to go one way or another, she was getting too close.

It feels a bit "safe" at times, like they're afraid of pushing the boundaries or what the audience is likely to accept.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is Dexter the series where they all die in the last season from legionnaires disease? Gotta hate dirty air con!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not sure if like. One more season might make an otherwise great series with a potentially perfect ending(if they altered this seasons end) to a drawn out one.

Have to see, but they do need to pull a good one out of their arse.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It feels a bit "safe" at times, like they're afraid of pushing the boundaries or what the audience is likely to accept.

Name a US TV program that accomplishes that? I can't honestly think of a single one other than American Horror Story which only occasionally pushes the taste boundaries. They pander to audience sensitivities far too much in US, still afraid of christian moral outrage.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Last episode was pretty damn good, only real problem with dexter now is where does it go from there.
Also they didn't really deal with Hannah particularly well, if you blinked you'd miss her plot line "ending" as it were :|

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Last episode was pretty damn good, only real problem with dexter now is where does it go from there.
Also they didn't really deal with Hannah particularly well, if you blinked you'd miss her plot line "ending" as it were :|

Since the next season is the last the writers can go where ever the fuck they like :)

As for Hannah,
it's left kind of open ended. It's not impossible she'll reappear next year.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
That's what I mean though, but it happened quickly and wasn't really approached, obviously leaving it open for the next season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom