Dex and blocking percentages

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
How much does dex affect the amount you block?
Let's say I make a temp with 0 dex and a temp with 101 dex how much more % of blocking would I get with the 101 dex temp?
Is there somekind of formula or just wild guesses because I heard alot of different things about it and some clarification would be nice :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
The old blocking formula was:

Blockrate: Calculated at (((Dex*2)-100)/40)+(Shield/2)+(Mastery of Blocking)+5

Unsure if it's still the one being used but it should give you some pointers.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The old blocking formula was:

Blockrate: Calculated at (((Dex*2)-100)/40)+(Shield/2)+(Mastery of Blocking)+5

Unsure if it's still the one being used but it should give you some pointers.

That would mean that 101 dex from template gives 2,5% to block?

The last tests I've read on VN with some data have shown that you gain ~7,5% from 101 dex in template in regards of blocking.

I keep around 50 on my Arms but 11 parry and 11 shield when in 1H mode.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i am not sure of the exact calc but the one above seems to have a slightly lower % than what i used to block (ofc you have to take into account enemy WS too) however, i blocked far more than (assuming i am reading the formula correctly)
((((345*2)-100)/40)+(50/2)+(3)+5) = 47.75%
(((Dex*2)-100)/40)+(Shield/2)+(Mastery of Blocking)+5

note, cant remember exact dex figure but was something like that.

Probably nearer 60% (though I never ran any real tests)

If you are going for a shield build though as much dex as you can get is always going to be better.

personally i had MoDex 3 MoParry 3 and MoBlocking 3. it was the most efficient build i found. 30 points in defence and the rest in purge, ip MoPain MoSTR etc

It all depends on your play style, for a solo shield tank it is vital but for FG stuff gaps in your template/spec/RA build aren't as easy to exploit by your opponent or indeed quite as vital to your survival.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
i am not sure of the exact calc but the one above seems to have a slightly lower % than what i used to block (ofc you have to take into account enemy WS too) however, i blocked far more than (assuming i am reading the formula correctly)
((((345*2)-100)/40)+(50/2)+(3)+5) = 47.75%
(((Dex*2)-100)/40)+(Shield/2)+(Mastery of Blocking)+5

note, cant remember exact dex figure but was something like that.

Probably nearer 60% (though I never ran any real tests)

If you are going for a shield build though as much dex as you can get is always going to be better.

personally i had MoDex 3 MoParry 3 and MoBlocking 3. it was the most efficient build i found. 30 points in defence and the rest in purge, ip MoPain MoSTR etc

It all depends on your play style, for a solo shield tank it is vital but for FG stuff gaps in your template/spec/RA build aren't as easy to exploit by your opponent or indeed quite as vital to your survival.

Dex also affects shield style damage ifaik!

MegaMaejter

Banned
13 dex is equal to 0.65% blocking, hence 101 dex is rougly equal to 5.05% blocking wich is not that much.

I doubt the stuff on VN board is close to be correct since their nummbers are too high. I trust my calculator :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom