Device Probs

E

Esoteric

I recently updated my ATI Drivers and now I have two unknown devices detected that I have no idea what they are and I think they are causing some problems.

Did I need to remove the originals before install? I didnt think Id have too thought it all auto'd. Also when I launch ps it attempts to connect to the servers and can't seem to manage it tho its pot luck whether I get in, before it just worked.

Any ideas?

J

Jupitus

Yep, loads of ideas on that one... none I'm gonna share with you though:)

S

SoWat

I'd guess the unknown devices are something built into your video card, like a firewire port for example. Are the drivers for 'extra' features part of the video drivers (if you indeed have extra widgets at all)?

I've never had an ATI card, but it used to be common practice to uninstall previous versions before updating drivers. This isn't the case anymore.

If all else fails, it might be worth just removing the drivers and reinstalling them from new.

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Jupitus
Yep, loads of ideas on that one... none I'm gonna share with you though:)

Fine then Im not gonna send you your family sized multi-pack of vasaline tubs for christmas. Guess you'll have to use margarine.... ohhh meow.

Think I know the prob , Ill just uninstall the previous ones and then if I have to reinstall the new drivers which I have saved anyway (as you do).

Thanks to the guy above. At least some people can be mature on these boards. Think there was just a coincidence with the ps and new drivers, cause ps is like an animal never know when its gonna purr or go for the jugular.

nn

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Esoteric
At least some people can be mature on these boards.

Considering the post you made about Jupie in another thread I think he's quite in his rights to post what he did...

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Turamber
Considering the post you made about Jupie in another thread I think he's quite in his rights to post what he did...

Yes I know this, thats why what I said was ironic/sarcastic.

Nevermind.....

Lub you all really including Jup, think I prob over stepped the mark so for that I apologise, I was probably just drunk when I wrote it.

And on the original topic I have nearly solved it but think I need to do somin different than my first solving attempt which I cba to do till later.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Esoteric
Lub you all really including Jup, think I prob over stepped the mark so for that I apologise, I was probably just drunk when I wrote it.

Being drunk is no excuse for being abusive, and the apology rings a tad hollow when you make a fresh reference to the same post a few posts up, presumably sober and in the cold light of day, but apology accepted nonetheless. Take it easy and good luck with the tech issue.

Jup.

W

Will

Glad to see thats all sorted, more or less.

You might be best sticking this in the Hardware forum btw. The technical issue, not the disagreement.;)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Will.

You might be best sticking this in the Hardware forum btw. The technical issue, not the disagreement.;)

BW hardware forum is excellent, lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people browse it as well as most of the mods (but dont let this discourage you from using them :)).

Seriously tho, anyone who had a tech issue post it up here:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=96

J

Jonaldo

I hate Uncle Sick btw, not sure about the tech issue unfortunately :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Omniscieous
I hate Uncle Sick btw, not sure about the tech issue unfortunately :(

You don't. You worship me. Kiss the very ground I walk on. You.

Werd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom