[QUESTION] Destruction - order pairings

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Thought i would put the equivalents down between orderand destruction classes,i suppose some of the DPS ones may be slightl ymore interchangeable

Bright wizard - sorceress
Witch Hunter - Witch elf
Warrior priest - Discipline of Khaine

Shadow warrior - Squig hearder
archmage - shaman
White lion - maurader
sword master - chosen

Iron breaker - black ork
Engineer - Magus
runepriest - zealot

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
shadow warrior is the mirror of the squig herder and marauders are the mirrors of white lions...

however white lions and squig herders have the "pets!" mechanic, and marauder/shadow warrior both have stances (or mutations, which are effectively stances).

Tank wise:

Black orc is the mirror of the swordmaster ('da plan' vs balance - hit A then B then you can do C)

Ironbreaker is the mirror of the blackguard, but there's no blackguard...
Chosen is the mirror of the knight of the blazing sun - but there's none of those either.

So you end up with Chosen vs Ironbreaker being two unique mechanic tanks

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
shadow warrior is the mirror of the squig herder and marauders are the mirrors of white lions...

however white lions and squig herders have the "pets!" mechanic, and marauder/shadow warrior both have stances (or mutations, which are effectively stances).

Tank wise:

Black orc is the mirror of the swordmaster ('da plan' vs balance - hit A then B then you can do C)

Ironbreaker is the mirror of the blackguard, but there's no blackguard...
Chosen is the mirror of the knight of the blazing sun - but there's none of those either.

So you end up with Chosen vs Ironbreaker being two unique mechanic tanks

It gets more complicated if you add the other "lost" classes:

- Choppa (DAMN YOU MYTHIC! DAMN YOU! MAY ALL THE NAGASH CURSES FALL UPON YOU!)
- Hammerer (basically an ironbreaker with 2 hammers back in beta)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
It gets more complicated if you add the other "lost" classes:

- Choppa (DAMN YOU MYTHIC! DAMN YOU! MAY ALL THE NAGASH CURSES FALL UPON YOU!)
- Hammerer (basically an ironbreaker with 2 hammers back in beta)

nah, choppa and hammerer were the mirrors of each other - paper tissue melee dps classes with nothing particularly defining about them...

(choppa did have "berserk" but it played like a weak black orc who could be decent for 10s out of every 30s)

Hopefully they'll come back in soon with some decent mechanics behind em though :) more orcs is needed!

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I feel that after playing daoc and being witness to the classes warhammer has been a tad lazy with classes.

Each realm has diffrent names but fairly much the same class.
And the classes on the same realm have the same skills example black orc and chosen have very much the same skills including the names.

For such a large scale game i would have thought they would have had more of a imagination.

But i do like the game

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

True they have the pets mechanic put the white lion does not use range (bows) while the shadow warrior does, but of both really...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I feel that after playing daoc and being witness to the classes warhammer has been a tad lazy with classes.

Each realm has diffrent names but fairly much the same class.
And the classes on the same realm have the same skills example black orc and chosen have very much the same skills including the names.

For such a large scale game i would have thought they would have had more of a imagination.

But i do like the game

true for the dark elves there is always shades, assassins, beastmaster, black guard, executioner, corsair to name a few....

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think with mythic observing the constant class balancing problems with regards to dark age they chosen not to implement characters that were too different, i mean personally i feel the engineer and the squig herder are closer than probbly the magus/engineer setup.

but thats me.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the abilities are all spread out differently on each realm - shaman isn't a carbon copy of archmage though they are both very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom