Destruction and Order balancing

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering if Mythic have any future solutions or ideas in mind for this.

Seems all wanna play Destruction so far... can see the pull too, nice classes and races.

I prefer the underdog status personally so ive gone Order mainly so far.

But do you think this will be a problem in the future ? If so what could they do to correct it ?

Bluelion

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect launch will be fairly even. The majority of people who haven't looked deeply into the classes will pick the "good" side, at least they have in the vast majority of MMOs I've played in the past. Also, so many people want to play the underdog side, and Order is clearly being classed as the underdogs I suspect it will be fairly even at launch.

rynnor

Rockhound
Beta testers seem to favour destruction but it remains to be seen whether the same will happen amongst the retail folk.

If I had to try n predict I would say their probably will be more destruction overall but not a massive imbalance.

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
But do you think this will be a problem in the future ? If so what could they do to correct it ?

I don't see a problem with it as i'm quite sure it will even out. With the level cap on the servers there's only so much of players that can be online at any given time. How ever i DO have a brilliant idea to balance the factions. Buff ONE order class so that its clearly over powered and you will have faction balance. Number of people switching to the FOTM class should be enough.

Well that's how id balance it, i wouldn't try it on any commercial project :flame:

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I suspect quite a few players will be in the same boat as me- playing the opposite side to the one intended for live. As open beta data is going to be lost (chars etc) i'm trying out all the destruction classes.

Come live game i'll be playing order and the experience will be new again.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I had my heart set on Order but now i am really liking my Magus on Destruction and i think that will be my class come release.

Order is full of wannabe Legolas people and it drives me crazy.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect the "l33t" kiddie types from another MMO will be drawn to destruction in droves.

For that reason im going Order. Even though black orcs are super cool.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect the "l33t" kiddie types from another MMO will be drawn to destruction in droves.

For that reason im going Order. Because black orcs stink.

This is truth :iagree: (had to correct the orc bit :))
If it would be like someone in here posted that the CB players are destro...well i had a show tonight about destro players, if thats what they can then Order shall rule i say :)

Faya

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Faya i was in AOP on glast with my Friar - Rekkr, if u remember.... until the server got over run with germans i think and everyone stopped playing EU.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
They already talked about this on the Warhammer website.

There are going to be limits on the server for each faction. So say a server has reached that limit for Destruction players, and not for Order. You won't be able to get on as Destruction because the max for that faction are on.

They also mentioned something about giving incentives for going onto servers with lower faction populations, however I'm not sure what those incentives are yet.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Keep in mind that Order only has 1 (not counting witch hunter, cause he's more of a rogue-type class) pure melee dps class; the questionable-sexual-preferenced White Lion. The hammerer is still in the fridge, lots of people seem to like melee-based DPS'ers and I expect more will play order once the hammerer makes it's entry.

But yeah, other than that I think more people are drawn to the massive, big and bad looking Greenskins & Chaos rather than the ever so standard humans and beer drinking dwarfs (altough being the coolest race in Warhammer by far).

MagrothJ

Fledgling Freddie
I'm quite sure that order will outnumber destruction in release. It has been the history in all MMO games I know of that the "good" side has been the largest, and I don't see why this would be any different. Yes, destruction might be bigger right now but that's not reliable at all. I'm quite sure that beta testers can have a generally other preference on which side to choose compared to the other people who join in release. Also, even in the beta it's quite possible that many people want to try out the side that they will not be playing in release. I know that I have for quite some time in the beta. Therefore the numbers we see at the moment are very unreliable and can not be used to indicate how it will be in release.
The "best" indication we have available is still history as I mentioned above. It might not be 100% accurate but it's still the best indication imo.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
If I find I'm on the side with more players I'll probably just go to a different server and play the other side.

Madtaff471

Fledgling Freddie
Well after farting around with tho other classes and races I'm gonna roll a stumpy engineer, gotta luv those beards:D

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe i think that because im so used to Daoc and all the races and about 15 classes per realm its hard. Also several races could be the same class.. which is cool. Obviously in Warhammer you cant. Also the 3 sides into 2 annoyed me i think a third realm is a brilliant idea, it worked a treat in Doac.

Possible things they could include are the Skaven, Bretonnia, Vampires Counts (Undead) Wood Elves... or da Lizard Men !! : P

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Also the 3 sides into 2 annoyed me i think a third realm is a brilliant idea, it worked a treat in Doac.

Hibgard as a means to balance the Albzerg was retarded. The idea of having 3 or more factions duking it out is however good and screams for decent implementation.

Just not too many factions, like you have in nowadays EvE onlines alliance gangbang. Very hard to balance tho.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Possible things they could include are the Skaven, Bretonnia, Vampires Counts (Undead) Wood Elves... or da Lizard Men !! : P

Expect Skaven and Lizard men for the first expansion IMHO.
Lert's not forget there's at least 1 Skaven NPC already in the game.
Also, many players have asked for Skaven.
So if Skaven would be the new destro faction, lorewise, Lizardmen would probably become their order counterparts.

But what the hell are we talking about, the game isn't even launched yet, and we're already dreaming about expansions :p

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Ye jumping the gun abit i think, but game has the potential to do it. : ) dream my little dreamers.

Although i need a new comp mines rubbish nowadays.

running Athlon 64 3.0ghz with 1 gb ram, Radeon 9800 pro, funny thing is it can run EQ2... but with War is chugggggggs like hell in places : (

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
I will probably go destro regardless of population balance. I've played all the Order chars and the only one that really made me think "hmm I really like this class) was the Archmage. I prefer healing classes. However my favorite 2 is the Zealot and the DoK. Level'd the Zealot to 12 and it's such a fun class to play. Been playing a DoK all morning and it's gonna be a tough choice between the two.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt there will be significant difference in total numbers between the sides by launch. However I suspect the disparity in tanks will hold, order seems to have almost noone playing a tank while destruction has plenty of mainly chosen but also some orcs.

Hopefully it will even out a bit in the end.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I had my heart set on Order but now i am really liking my Magus on Destruction and i think that will be my class come release.

Order is full of wannabe Legolas people and it drives me crazy.

Im trying out an Archmage. Never really done much with casters - prefering tanks. But Im plesantly surprised at them being better than I expected. I do like the idea of the Archmage having the choice at lvl 11 to decide on either healing - damage or buffing - Its given me a chance to try a bit of each without having to make the chocie at the start.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Making a storyline for the lizardmen to fit in with order would be difficult, I can't really see skinks hanging around in altdorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom