PS4 Destiny Beta

Starman

Part of the furniture
Curious is anyone is planning on playing the Destiny Beta?

The beta starts tomorrow on PS4/3 then on the 23rd for X1/360 and lasts until the 27th. Personally I'll be on the PS4 version.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll give it a go, not used control pad play for FPS though, so not expected to enjoy it very much :p

Starman

Part of the furniture
I played the Alpha a few weeks ago - I wasn't expecting too much. I rather enjoyed it tbh. Felt MMO'ish - kind of reminded me of D3/GW1.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I enjoy borderlands so I'm going to assume it'll be decent for me, its not exactly like borderlands but loot wise/fps wise it is.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well what i can make of the beta is that it is a good game.. just not worth 70,-

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Is it more than a multiplayer shooter up?

I could get halo on the 360 for that. What brings it beyond set piece encounters over targets to hold or gain?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Is it more than a multiplayer shooter up?

I could get halo on the 360 for that. What brings it beyond set piece encounters over targets to hold or gain?
well, it has a storyline like halo. Difference compared to halo is the 'open world' which is not really open open since everything is instanced. And you can have classes and specific trainings. Current multiplayer is co-op or team deathmatch / domination kinda.

(its the makers of halo innit? and seems microsoft wants to shutdown xbox studios?:D)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If I wanted a truly open world wouldn't ps2 be better. Rather than all the set piece coop and all? Just seems to have had a wrapper put around a FPS. What's the max pvp number ? Or can there be any number?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well after playing the beta a lot I can safely say this is one game I will not be buying, its fucking terrible.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
More details please

It just seems slow paced gameplay, didn't seem like much balance was really thought out as far as the PvP goes and it got repetitive really quickly, almost like it felt like I was playing a last/current gen FPS.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It just seems slow paced gameplay, didn't seem like much balance was really thought out as far as the PvP goes and it got repetitive really quickly, almost like it felt like I was playing a last/current gen FPS.
See this I cannot understand and would appreciate a more indepth review. I watched it over Twitch on Sunday and had many questions:
  • Saw a group of people taking down a bug (took 20 minutes), was this a boss? If so, what loot dropped (did not see anything on the twitch stream)
  • Whilst in big fights how do I check up on my teams health?
  • How do I know I am in a team?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
See this I cannot understand and would appreciate a more indepth review. I watched it over Twitch on Sunday and had many questions:
  • Saw a group of people taking down a bug (took 20 minutes), was this a boss? If so, what loot dropped (did not see anything on the twitch stream)

its a really odd game, think of it as a cross over between

Halo
Call of Duty
Borderlands

The UI in the beta build I couldn't see my team mates health, perhaps you could hold one of the ps4 buttons down to show it but I didn't find it, when you die you can see who is on your team though as a ui pops up briefly telling you who is alive and who is dead (skull next to them indicates death) - you can see your team mates positions through walls however like most other fps these days. I just couldn't for the life of me bring myself to enjoy it, it felt familiar (in a bad way) and different at the same time if that makes any sense?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture

Yeah, the bug is one of the first big co-op end boss u get to take down.. this is around lvl +/- 7..
Mobs drop ammo (for your gun), special ammo (for your sniper) and heavy ammo, (the biggy). The bigger the mob the bigger the ammo.

You can check up your friends health by looking at them, which is hard to do since you yourself should be killing some mobs. You can ressurrect people by running to their body and hitting <square> for a few seconds.

How do you know you are in a team.. GOOD FKING QUESION! which In this case needs a bit of a bigger explanation.

The game is in space, few planets etc.. their idea is that you have a spaceship and that you go from planet to planet to save the last city on earth. (i know huh).
So between missions, you are in orbit, and you see your spaceship. This is the moment you can team-up, and how you do that is by inviting friends over in your firesquad. Once they accept you have multiple spaceships in your screen and you fly together to a mission etc.

How to team up if you dont have friends playing destiny. Ok well since you cant speak/chat this is horrible! You can only sent invites for your squad (like other ps games where u can sent invites) the player would have to minimize destiny and acccept the invite, then your game reloads (even though your at the same spot atm) you reload back to the spot you are only now you are in a firesquad.

Whats the use of a firesquad!? You can enter instanced dungeons (or buildings in this case) with more then one person and you'll see a scorecard at the end of the instance) Or you can teamup and go for a pvp match (which gets boooooooring after 10 min)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What about loot? How do I gear up?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
What about loot? How do I gear up?
This is actually pretty similar to other mmo's.. you get them trough pve or pvp. Some crates have armor or u can buy them from npc with your gained pvp 'money' / 'status'.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Was curious to see how this thread panned out - the PS4 trailer looked good as well.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Curious how the PC version plays out AND if it has a normal FPS cap rather than 30fps like the console version does, its coming to Xbox One and PC as well iirc.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I was watching some twitch feeds and it seems to have some promise but needs a lot of work. Teaming up took quite a long time. Team deathmatch was pretty much an update of Halo.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I was watching some twitch feeds and it seems to have some promise but needs a lot of work. Teaming up took quite a long time. Team deathmatch was pretty much an update of Halo.

Well the makers of BF4 are now making the same game only in Star Wars style.. i was hoping they would in HALO tbh instead of making this the new halo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom