Desk Speakers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Right, need a pair of desk speakers, no sub, just speakers, I currently have these; which do a good enough job; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-X-...qid=1389383896&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+X-140 but the right speakers wire's become loose in the back, and takes alot of moving around to get it working, and it's getting annoying, so I knee-jerk bought these;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-A6...&qid=1389383948&sr=8-1&keywords=creative+a-60

They were absolutely terrible, and was probably better getting my earphones, putting them in-front of me and playing them full blast.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals going on or anything to get a pair of decent speakers, similar to the first link, I tried shopping on amazon, but it's full of fools who give 5* to anything.

£50 odd budget, mind you, I'm not a proper quality freak.
Cheers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What's wrong with a sub? I have a pair of Logitech Z323's (with sub) that I use as "portable" speakers. They're great.

Gwadien

What's wrong with a sub? I have a pair of Logitech Z323's (with sub) that I use as "portable" speakers. They're great.
Selfless reasons really, if I put it on the floor, the person below could hear it, and it's like a solid desk with no way of getting from a plug to the floor without making it look retarded, also if I put it on the desk then my neighbour would hear it, and I don't wanna annoy her.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hmm. A student who's worried about bothering neighbours with music? Sometimes I worry about you, Gwad. :(

The ones I linked have a "volume" knob on the back of the sub for bass loudness so you could just turn it down...

Gwadien

Hmm. A student who's worried about bothering neighbours with music? Sometimes I worry about you, Gwad. :(

The ones I linked have a "volume" knob on the back of the sub for bass loudness so you could just turn it down...

There's no-where I can put a sub realistically tbh, it'd have to be at an angle which I'd imagine would be a no-no? and I couldn't get it on the floor

And what's wrong with caring? :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am interested in this also, my speaker system on my PC consists of 2 Cambridge Soundworks cubes and a sub under the desk. Looking for something a lot better in audio quality. (Think they are over 8 years old now)

Gwadien

I am interested in this also, my speaker system on my PC consists of 2 Cambridge Soundworks cubes and a sub under the desk. Looking for something a lot better in audio quality. (Think they are over 8 years old now)
No copying!

Gwadien

Copying? I want a sub, I want to piss the neighbours off :p
Friggin chavs.

What's the rules on having a sub? - I mean, can I put it to one side? (Sitting here thinking what I could do with it.)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, with mine you can put it wherever you like but both speakers connect to it and you plug the system into the power from the sub.

Gwadien

Well, with mine you can put it wherever you like but both speakers connect to it and you plug the system into the power from the sub.

Could I put it on a desk though? seems a bit retarded to do that tbh, should preferably be on the floor? :S

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah well if you turn the bass volume knob all the way down to 0 then it's just a box that you can put anywhere within reach of the speakers and the power. I think subs work best on the floor a couple of inches away from a wall.

Gwadien

Yeah well if you turn the bass volume knob all the way down to 0 then it's just a box that you can put anywhere within reach of the speakers and the power. I think subs work best on the floor a couple of inches away from a wall.
Then I may aswell just buy a pair of speakers? haha

Yaka

Part of the furniture
meh just search for videologic active Sirocco range. just be sure its the Sirocco Spirit variants. if its modified with a gainlone amp internally then all the better. seen standard go for £10 mint and gainclone versions around £70 but these are rare. but they are big in size

sirocco2.jpg

Sirocco crossfires are ok but are dinky satellites rather than actual monitors
boxshot.jpg

Sirroco Pros arnt bad either worth a punt

allview-s.jpg

having had both in the good ol bw days id go for the spirits if you can find em on gumtree or ebay.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They were only about £70 new iirc. That was 6 or so years ago though. Mine may have been a slightly cheaper model though. Still, the sound and build quality for the price was phenomenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom