Derren Brown

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone see the Derren Brown show on Friday? The video game sequence?

Bullshit or scarily true, what do you think?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Want to give some tidbits of what went down for us UK tv deprived? :eek7:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oooh...this a second season of derren b.? We got 12 episodes of theguy before it was cut out of the programming for another english minddude.

Would've loved to see zombie menace :p

If it happened to me, i'd love it. Afterall, i scored 89/100 in a zombie scanario survival test :D

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The whole "picks a random person off the street" part of his acts is rarely believable - but everything else DB does it just plain scary.

Sadly I havent seen any of his current series - but even when he explains exactly how the various stunts work its bloody impressive.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I saw it and it was extremely cool. I'm not sure if everyone is in on the trick or what but its cool. That guy seemed to be genuinly crapping his pants in that Zombie bit.

Did anyone see the episode a couple of weeks before where he just stared into peoples eyes and they started clutching there head/scratching/crying/screaming and breaking down completely? It was awesome.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I saw it and I thought it was amazing, but really quite disturbing.

The ease with which the guy decided to shoot the "people" was rather unsetteling tbh. Although I did find it amusing that he kept saying "Im gonna shoot you" even after they had already risen from being shot the 1st time.

I think his mates were slightly more shaken that he was.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i missed it :(
i've seen a lot of his stuff and it is quite wierd and very good. wish i could do half what he does to mess with peoples minds :D

though the sceance he did was a bit wierd wasnt it? :|

Tom

I am a FH squatter
heh, that was cool. I have teh torrent for it if you want it.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I think he makes good TV, I'm sorry I missed this new one.

Whether you think he makes extensive use of stooges, or does multiple retakes until he get the result, what he does is impressive anyhow. I remember that scam he pulled by challenging 9 chess grandmasters to simultaneous games and actually beating four of them, what he actually did was just play one off against the other, but just remembering all those moves was a feat in itself.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Tom said:
heh, that was cool. I have teh torrent for it if you want it.

Please Tom.

I registered to uk nova but I have since lost my password or something.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
His friends were remarkably cooperative considering someone had just effectively abducted their mate...

...but it was good. :)

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Nyah. I don't buy that at all. They guy passes out standing up and his friends seem nonplussed. They even help Darren load their 'mate' into a trolley before he's even explained what's going on. THEN he happens to have two chairs free for the 'mates' to watch and WHAT D'YOU KNOW? There are two mates!

THEN he guy acts like 'ooh what's going on?' (and I mean 'acts') before shooting the first zombie conveniently in the chest, where the zombie happens to have squibs ready to go off at exactly the right time. He never tries to hit or kick anyone, or smash any of the many windows that might offer a way out. On top of that, the whole thing is beautifully shot.

I want to believe, but there's just too many contrivancies.

Is that a word?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you were fighting zombies the last thing you would do is offer them a leg or arm to bite on. Think you fupping ghey.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
First thing I'd do is shoot them in the face... I think Summo has a point.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
In his hypnotic state, he was more suggestible than a fully conscious person.

I don't doubt something like that is possible, but I'm sceptical about this episode. The participant could easily sue C4, so I doubt they'd allow it.

+ When he 'wakes up', he doesn't look confused or anything, it's like he's trying to hold back laughter.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
look into my eyes, not round the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, look into my eyes.

You're under.

Derren is the foremost entertainer working today. His shows are all real and everything he does is not faked. Lester has a big penis.

You're back in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom