Derek Smart

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's a pretty strong play from Crytek though.

I bet they didn't even try and sell another licence for Squadron 42, I bet they just went straight to court because more £££ because SC won't suddenly change engine this late on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...it has already changed engine. It now uses Amazon's Lumberyard.

They are just salty they sold all their rights to Amazon and lost out. They are doing this in the hope of a cash injection into their failing business.

Gwadien

...it has already changed engine. It now uses Amazon's Lumberyard.

They are just salty they sold all their rights to Amazon and lost out. They are doing this in the hope of a cash injection into their failing business.

oh.

Then this is silly, very silly.

Why does Amazon create engines though? Bit of an odd venture?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They did buy it, from Crytek, which is why Crytek are losing their shit. Amazon bought it and will make a fortune from it. It's another pie for them to have a finger in, I imagine they will be hosting Star Citizen too.

Gwadien

They did buy it, from Crytek, which is why Crytek are losing their shit. Amazon bought it and will make a fortune from it.

So Crytek made an engine and sold it, as a business which makes engines and sells licences to make you know, a cash flow...?

Doesn't make any sense.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
oh.

Amazon sell a shit load of video games. Amazon own Twitch which has been growing exponentially in recent years and they'll promote / stream this massively on the site when it's released. The game servers will be on the Amazon Cloud.

Seem's pretty fucking smart to me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
oh.

odd ventures can become wildly successful, their side business of cloud hosting is worth 15 billion per year or so these days

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As cuntish as it sounds I genuinely hope Star Citizen bombs hard, I think the concept of the whole thing sounded great until they got massive crowdfunding and kept adding on and on and on and on, now it just sounds like a pile of shite that's trying to cater to every tom dick and harry now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd love it to come out and be brilliant. Really ground breaking. But at the moment he's found a business model that allows him perma-development and non-delivery whilst sucking in thousands from fan-boys. And it is boys, unfortunately, just look at the audiences in his regular "aren't I great! I'm on stage!" videos...

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

If you read the article it's only being offered to people who already bought the $1k and above packages. So they are already really interested in the game and have lots of spending money.

As for the other points. So far they have raised $200m which is around what a triple A game costs to produce these days. Sure it's a lot for a crowd funded game but the production level they are aiming for it's appropriate.

Whether the game(s) they are releasing will be any good or not, fuck knows.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you read the article it's only being offered to people who already bought the $1k and above packages. So they are already really interested in the game and have lots of spending money.
I know. It's still fucking nuts though.

Gwadien

Yeah... I'm still happy for Star Citizen to slow burn, hopefully they'll have an amazing end product.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think they're probably out of cash. They should be focussing completely on publishing what they have but seem to be caught in an out-of-control add-new-content tornado. I suspect they're doing that because they don't know how to publish what they've got as their tech isn't working and doesn't look like working any time soon.

Maybe if he gets another 200 million he can keep creating more content, whilst keeping his family in shits and giggles, until computers become powerful enough to run the fucking thing.

Gwadien

I think they're probably out of cash. They should be focussing completely on publishing what they have but seem to be caught in an out-of-control add-new-content tornado. I suspect they're doing that because they don't know how to publish what they've got as their tech isn't working and doesn't look like working any time soon.

Maybe if he gets another 200 million he can keep creating more content, whilst keeping his family in shits and giggles, until computers become powerful enough to run the fucking thing.

To be fair the content I have seen looks very polished.

Look at DayZ for example of a bad thing; been in early access for ever and is still broken as shit, it'll be refreshing to play a polished game upon release.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair the content I have seen looks very polished.
Yep, when it runs above two fps and doesn't crash, apparently.

You only have to take a cursory glance at their forums to see people complaining about their focus being on more cash, rather than delivery.

I'll say it again - I'd love to see it come out. Before 2025...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Could be coincidence @BloodOmen. How many ways are there to change ship design?

I bet the naysayers will be all over it, checking models from now. So if there's a glut of similar stories...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Could be coincidence @BloodOmen. How many ways are there to change ship design?

I bet the naysayers will be all over it, checking models from now. So if there's a glut of similar stories...

I dinna, I haven't touched Eve for years, the moment I saw both pictures it just looked like a blatant rip off to me, even the names are similar, it's like they didn't even try.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
upload_2018-8-27_12-43-43.png

Well then, better give it a reboot :\

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What happened to Raven?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Raven had a bit of a meltdown I think, which is a shame. But he couldn't help but pre-judging everything certain forum members were saying, so it was impossible to hold a conversation with him.

He probably left for the good of his own mental health. Hope he's OK :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom