Demo Download

W

Wij

Originally posted by Wij
And is it worth it ?

/edit: Oh and is that the subscibers ftp ? I might as well get something for my 12 quid :)

/REALLY_AN_EDIT: Shit. That was a quote not an edit.

:(

M

MikeyBear

Having spent a bit more time with the demo now I do quiet like it - it doesn't go nearly far enough for my liking (and for 4-5 years dev work) but then I am a serious space sim dweeb.

Its more than an interesting diversion I think.
Needs a little effort to find its hidden depths tho... at first it all looks a bit arcadey but there are hidden depths I think.
A comment I've heard more than once now is "I hated my first hour ...now I love it".

I wouldnt say I'm ready to love it yet but it is good fun and I think the MPlayer game is where it'll shine.

C

.Cask

Bit more arcadey then I expected, but in away it's good to get away from all the realism that has been going into games lately.

The ridiculously spammy guns might not be very efficient but definately quite satisfying to shoot :)

T

TedTheDog

Yes Wij me old looney, its the subscribers FTP.
Actually, its a page that lets you choose which FTP. Its "cleva" you see. Thank Steve for that.

T

Testin da Cable

can't wijlet. that page is clevarer than thee (and me)

S

Summo

Hah! It's not clever enough to cope with GetRight though, is it?

T

TedTheDog

You mean getright isnt clever enough?
:kissit:

W

whipped

Played the demo the other night. Excellent game. Reminds me a bit of Privateer (But minus the shite FMV). I'll definately be picking this up from my local Game at 9:00am on release day and then probably taking the day off ;)

T

Testin da Cable

I loved privateer to bits. go go non-realistic spaceflight models!! :)

G

Greef

It has to be said that freelancer owes more to WingCommander/Privateer than to Elite / Elite 2. :D

Like it lots though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom