DeLorean goes back to the...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Would be fun seeing them driving around the streets.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it was the first "super sports" car from the states, and not a bad one...if you didn't take in the few flaws it had. Like stalling every corner and stoplight :D

But if they've upgraded it, then it very well could be a great car.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully it won't have a French engine.

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
how the fuck can you say it was the first "sports car"the bloody thing wouldn't do 100mph and it weighed a ton,it was made of stainless steel ffs.will be an absolute bag of shite.mind you depends if they put a flux capacitor in it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
how the fuck can you say it was the first "sports car"the bloody thing wouldn't do 100mph and it weighed a ton,it was made of stainless steel ffs.will be an absolute bag of shite.mind you depends if they put a flux capacitor in it.

It's iwdely recognised as the "first American built muscle super sports car".

I never said it was that "super" :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It was built in Northern Ireland. And it's not a "super sports car" (whatever the fuck that is). Definitely cool though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
FarvaYou mean Shenanigans?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Someone said "sports car"? Please...

And what Tom says.

It'll be rubbish if it's the same design/car, it's gonna be a total fad. Emperor's new clothes. Shite. Total shite.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Why the hell would anyone want a DeLorean? It was a rear engined piece of shit with a crappy Renault douvrain engine, a terrible gearbox, terrible handling (despite Lotus' best efforts and Colin Chapman's backhanders) In no way could it be called a "supercar" (it only had about 220bhp), and I think there are quite a few Corvette owners who would take issue with:

old.Tohtori said:
It's iwdely recognised as the "first American built muscle super sports car".

Since it was neither first, American, or a "muscle built super sports car".

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well...ok...even wiki(albeit no dictionary) sayes it's american, although it was built in north ireland.

About "not being first", it was the first muscle sports car, a corvette was considered a muscle car, instead of a sports car. This might have changed though, not sure, just remember from younger days of the delorean being the first american supercar/sportscar/etc.
EDIT: Yeah, vette was first considered pure american sportscar as it was built there too)

Ofcourse you can get really anal about it(like with other things in the field of...anything), but that's how it's been seen for ages.

Well, now that i looked into it, it's a tehcnicality really. This is a sportscar, a tomato is a fruit etc...not worth a big hazzle.

old.user4556

Someone should have driven the test mule and said:

"hey John, this car is a pile of shite, what are you thinking you womanising twat?"

But they never.

Kryten

Old Cow.
It's a DeLorean. Although I'm sure they had better ideas for it than a cult following due to BTTF, what else do you expect?
It's fucking cool.

Christ, I'm using the word cool. Dreadful.

If I see an Enzo and a DeLorean parked next to eachother - I'm gonna be ogling the latter. Maybe because I see too many (or too much of the same one) Enzo's to be bothered, but the same goes for any other car of it's type. As lovely as it is, it wouldn't travel through time at 88mph. Nor will the new version, but thats besides the point.
I'm fed up of seeing dodgy VW Sciroccos and old Audi Quattros made up to look like them. There's only one.

Who gives a flying fuck in france whether it does 100mph or not.
It was one of the stars of the best film trilogy ever to come from Yankland.

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
you would choose to look at the delorean over an enzo? fucking hell i nearly choked on my supper then :)they went bust for one reason,they were shite,couldnt sell then and wont now.oh and if it went above 80 the bloody thing used to drop to bits.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
0-60 in about 11 secs weren't they :/

And whoever mentioned VW Sciroccos. THEY were cool.

Kryten

Old Cow.
But it (fictionally) went through time.

That's it. Because of this, it rocks.

Id look at it over an Enzo as I see the same couple of Enzos 12-15 times a week. Ive never seen a DeLorean in teh flesh.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No I don't suppose many people have seen one since only 9000 were ever made.

That on its own makes it desirable even though it may drive like a bucket in a sand trap. Who cares its a cool car...shite but cool.

old.user4556

I've seen one once, on the M8 just outside Edinburgh no less.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
And whoever mentioned VW Sciroccos. THEY were cool.

yes they were! they still are! and rusty, dodgy boy racer driven hunks of coolness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom