Deleting a char

R

RAES

1st of all hi everyone /waves just left alb/excal for SW:G :)

ive deleted the 1st char i made on eclipse just because i didnt think about the creation atall just wanted to get on server asap ,(xmas in august)
but the char is still on my launchpad list and the name is taken when i try to make a new char even tho the slot has a new one in it anyone else had this prob? not a big deal but i kinda wanted to keep the name.

also while im here...any PA's on either eclipse or lowca that would welcome a total n00b to its fold...cos its all a bit mad this lark. faction doesnt really matter but would prefer neutral/imperial :) ,tryed being the "good" guy in DAoC and it sux hehe.

/mood anticipation; /tell wooocra mmoorr harrrr wuur

F

Faeldawn

The reason you cannot use the same name initially is that the server stores all character names either active or deleted to keep the game in a presistent, realistic RP setting, this prevents Bill the Wookie becoming Bill the Zabrak tomorrow.

Even though your character is deleted, he had an impact on the universe and so allowing players to recreate another character of the same name would damage the fabric of the environment.

HOWEVER, if you still want to reuse the same name as you origionally did:

Submit a ticket to the CSR's ingame through your holocron stating your characters name, server, your station name and email address. Then tell them your situation and list the name of your old character.

They should respond within 2-5 days and will need to meet you in-game (they usually set a time agreed with you, remember they run on PST -8hrs from GMT) once they meet you they will reset the character name and once it takes effect (10-15 mins) you simply relog to change the name for player sending you /tells (unless you relog the server keeps the default character name that you logged on with for pm purposes) once you relog the old name will be fully reinstated.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread