Delay Realm Change ..

Delay or not ..?

• Total voters

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing that matters is fg rvr. No body cares about some towers or keeps.
No delay for the win, it's one of the best changes that have been done. And if some retards have fucked up the porting, I can just switch realm so I don't need to take part in the stupid retakes :D

If im not able to find a group on hib or so I might like to solo with the sorc etc and that waiting delay really sucked.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
That would be great. Cant find the point of rvring when <x> realm goes for RR and u log in <x enemy> realm for defence.

Old days ppls was fighting for the realm (relics,keeps) , now they fighting for Realm Points. Thats the problem.
Thats not the problem, if peps started to group play instead and started to fight eachother this server would be 10x times better.
I hardly care about the rps they just coming as a bonus when your group playing. The best part is when you fighting a really strong group of likeminded players, which can go one way or another.
And the old days ppl didn't fight much for the realm, was pretty much the same. Was abit more bombing of cluless noobs thats all. And the noobs hadn't been given this many counter toys as it is now. (bl, zombi,traps,sw's etc ...)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
15min should be enough I think, more is just an obstacle for some people and prevents nothing in particular.

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
Thats not the problem, if peps started to group play instead and started to fight eachother this server would be 10x times better.

With those numbers isnt easy to group play. Hardly every realm can show up 2fg's every night.

And the old days ppl didn't fight much for the realm, was pretty much the same.

I dont think so , when a realm had capture a relic , members was glad, not for the bonus but coz it was a way to prove to enemy realm, they are stronger.

After first Alarm Raid , relics was a way to do +50 dmg.

Everyday Darkness Fall it was a mini-race for 3 realms. Realms was fighting to hold and conquer this place.

Before 1 year it was a way to gain easy rps.

Now its empty.

Was abit more bombing of cluless noobs thats all. And the noobs hadn't been given this many counter toys as it is now. (bl, zombi,traps,sw's etc ...)

Good point . But do u fill skilled when u :

• land a SW
  • summon Zo minions
  • see a zombi coming and use cure poison?

They just didnt continue , to discover those toys .

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I have 2 accounts. Both have chars on pryd/hib and on exca/mid.
I could log a char in each realm, join the BGs and tell my group in vent where to go. As you see, a relog timer will not stop me from doing that.

All a timer will do is to deter most players from trying the stunt, if players want to crossrealm they can do it in IRC, on vent etc without any issues and without any realistic chances of being caught.

Some players will ALWAYS find a way to cheat, but one thing GOA can do is to make it as difficult as possible for players to do so.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
All a timer will do is to deter most players from trying the stunt, if players want to crossrealm they can do it in IRC, on vent etc without any issues and without any realistic chances of being caught.

Some players will ALWAYS find a way to cheat, but one thing GOA can do is to make it as difficult as possible for players to do so.

Yup.. IF you want to cheat.. you can always find a way to do so ..!
So why not make it a little harder to do so ..!

Delay for the win ..

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Ah atleast the wast majority think little to no delay. :drink:

Should be kept like now. That was one of the best changes they've ever done.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
15min should be enough I think, more is just an obstacle for some people and prevents nothing in particular.

agree basically so people cant insta relog find out what your doing and whine 15-20 mins is short enough to prevent this

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
No need of delay. And cross realming is present since irc/msn/vent day one. No delay is gonna prevent it.

And people getting sensible or frustrated about xrealming, get over it, it's only a game. And you end up just looking as imature as the xrealmers wankers.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
No need of delay. And cross realming is present since irc/msn/vent day one. No delay is gonna prevent it.
Still using TS. MsN.. or whatever they have to get other players to help doing it.. As it is now they can cheat, without anyone can prove it..!

And people getting sensible or frustrated about xrealming, get over it, it's only a game
Again.. Yup, it`s just a game.. so why cheat..? ..
Cant be that fun to be RR whatever, if You know that fx 50% of your rps is " earned " by cheating .. ?

Delay for the win... of DaoC

liloe

It's my birthday today!
15 min. That should be enough for people to think twice before they log on their alt in another realm and whine at someone they just fought.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. 15mins is enough to prevent whining, but still ok if you want to play different realms =)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Voted with each of my accounts: 2 hours.

Playing other realms on the same cluster seems odd to me.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Removing the 1 hour timer in the first place was actually a good move from Mythic/GoA, i remember how many people whined at 'OMG WHY DO WE NEED TO WAIT, USELESS COMPANY PUTTING A TIMER ON IT!!11'.
All the relicraid shit that has occured recently has just been blown way out of proportion. ^^
I voted 'No Delay' but really couldnt care less, got mid on both pryd and excal on the only account i play these days. :)

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Voted with each of my accounts: 2 hours.

Playing other realms on the same cluster seems odd to me.

I guess to an extent it may seem that way.
People shouldn't be penalised for rolling on two separate servers years back although alot rolled post cluster.
But then everything has it's pros and cons the argument could go on forever about it reducing x-realming but its occurance still being inevitable no matter what the case ^-^

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd like to see the hour timer back but I'd be happy with even 15 minutes...

Sure it won't stop people from cheating if they really want to but it makes it impossible to casually log from one realm to the other with RvR info and go gank people.. (since 15m will usually change the situation enough that the info's out of date) It keeps the honest people honest :)

e.g. BG goes to take a tower, 8 people log to the other realm and run to the tower to farm the incoming BG.

Yes you can do this with multiple accounts but it's far more hassle... (and means you won't have your buffbot ;))

The timer doesn't need to be ludicrous - the original 8 hour one on the US meant if you logged into the wrong character you were unable to play your other realm that night. 1 hour is reasonable, 15 minutes would be bearable. No timer is just asking for trouble.

Plus, it's not like a 15 minute wait will kill you :p

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Voted 2 hrs, but i think Roo is right with his 12 hrs.

Best solution on this problem would be:

- Multilingual skin
- 3 clusters in EU
- You decide where your chars will play, meaning when change is made you decide which cluster you play Alb/Mid/Hib. Goa will move your chars there, and x-realming and the affected cheating has been "Eliminated"

Easy for me though, only play Midgard here and nothing else.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Voted 2 hrs, but i think Roo is right with his 12 hrs.

Best solution on this problem would be:

- Multilingual skin
- 3 clusters in EU
- You decide where your chars will play, meaning when change is made you decide which cluster you play Alb/Mid/Hib. Goa will move your chars there, and x-realming and the affected cheating has been "Eliminated"

Easy for me though, only play Midgard here and nothing else.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls

It's a good idea, however I doubt that its technically possible. And even if it is, GoA/Mythic are too lazy to implement it :)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
And people getting sensible or frustrated about xrealming, get over it, it's only a game
Again.. Yup, it`s just a game.. so why cheat..? ..
Cant be that fun to be RR whatever, if You know that fx 50% of your rps is " earned " by cheating .. ?

Delay for the win... of DaoC

So im cheating after playing for 3+ hours on hib, get bored and log in my mid char? I understand that logging in a realm, doing a /who or looking around for people then switching realms and killing is a unfare and cheating, but the way you say it is like everyone who has more than one realm and plays both actively that they are cheating if they just switch after getting bored. be more specific as frankely since this clustered and the timer was dropped I have encountered only one or two xrealming activities which has been a preson switching a realm to say - Nice fight.

Edit: altho if people truely are paranoid about xrealming i wouldnt mind a 15 min break on switching, can get some coffee and some food while waiting.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
So im cheating after playing for 3+ hours on hib, get bored and log in my mid char?

I don't think that's what he meant by what he said... Atleast that's not how I understood it... But I'll let him answer that I guess :)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Why should I be penalized for wanting to play the game from more then one realm? Should I move to US instead? Seems that this is what the poll is ultimately about.

Since GOA can't sustain more then one english server, I might aswell go US if they decide to remove the option (again) of playing more then one realm.

Voted for no delay.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
the fuck would anyone relog in different realms to give info when you can do it in about 2 seconds on irc, msn, fh or by phone

and even then, crossrealming is only a problem when plans are made before the actual attack. does anyone ever prepare raids like that anymore? id say AC raids are the only preplanned raids left but then it isn't really AC but rather a bunch of players with off working hours that get bored when everyone else is asleep

voting for a delay is just paranoid crap, apart from the occassional shit who relogs across realms to throw abuse at someone they who just [insert whatever] them there are hardly negative consequences

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Reckon the biggest problem could be people logging on and doing /who poc or whatever and then logging on to differ realm and havin a little fun hunting them down...

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
So im cheating after playing for 3+ hours on hib, get bored and log in my mid char?

Did I say YOU where ???

.. but You could as it is now... !
and loads of players are doing so .. it seems .!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom