Delay Realm Change ..

Delay or not ..?

• Total voters

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
From Cronicles of Camelot News 25/5

" ... Also, to improve the gaming experience, a lot of players have wished the delay when reconnecting to another realm to be reinstated. Like EA Mythic in the USA, we will ask your opinion on the subject through a survey at the start of the game.

The question will be which delay you think is best, and you will be given the choice between the following :

2 hours
1 hour
30 minutes
15 minutes
No delay

.... "

What do You think guys .. ?

I`m in for 2 hours ... more if possible .. !

( even better imo would be that you couldnt play more than one realm at the server .. )

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
no delay. Seems wird with just playing 1 realm, its not even half the game. I never thought x realming as a problem, and anyway ppl can just use irc/msn/ect if they wanna tell about ac raids or whatever.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
15 min. That should be enough for people to think twice before they log on their alt in another realm and whine at someone they just fought.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Considering the blatant cheating that has been occurring recently, players logging on to a realm, checking frontier xp spots then logging onto another realm and killing them, 1 hour minimum imo is definitely needed. I realise it sucks, but since the timer was removed it has been abused many times like this.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Lol at the poster sayign it would be better to only be able to play 1 realm on same server xD
30 mins is okay i guess.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
If people really want to x-realm, having a delay on login will NOT stop them from doing it. It would be alot easier logging on one acc on each realm, so you can keep updated at all times. If you don't have 2 accs, you do it trough IRC/msn or whatever with friends. I doubt people cba logging on and off and on and off simply to x-realm and give info, when there's so many easier ways to do it.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Why should players be punished because the population is so bad there is only a single server to play on for all realms?

Sorry, but the realm pride days went a long time ago.

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
Lol at the poster sayign it would be better to only be able to play 1 realm on same server xD

That would be great. Cant find the point of rvring when <x> realm goes for RR and u log in <x enemy> realm for defence.

Old days ppls was fighting for the realm (relics,keeps) , now they fighting for Realm Points. Thats the problem.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
30 mins is okay i guess.

OKay.. You are laughinh... But.. what are you laughing at ?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I agree with Zoia , 15 minutes should be enough for people to cool down if they get zerged/added on by all the evil peoples. :)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
That would be great. Cant find the point of rvring when <x> realm goes for RR and u log in <x enemy> realm for defence.

Old days ppls was fighting for the realm (relics,keeps) , now they fighting for Realm Points. Thats the problem.

That's why we call them the "old days", you see? When people cared, and the server was *more* alive.

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Yup.. it is a game... and therefore its only fun when people aint cheating .. !

That is a BS acusations.

Cheating, i believe, means doing something against the rules.
If the rules say, as they currently do, that you can switch realms instantly people aren't breaking any rules by doing it, and thus aren't cheating.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
That is a BS acusations.

If the rules say, as they currently do, that you can switch realms instantly people aren't breaking any rules by doing it, and thus aren't cheating.
There's something called "thinking", which you should be perfectly able to do on your own though.
It's like, allthough the bible doesn't say "Thy shall not rape your grandma", doesn't mean the bible want christians to rape their grandmas... Coz it's just twisted and a really fucked up thing to do.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
15 mins seems ok, it's enough to make it a hassle to change realm. But not that long of a wait if you got people waiting for you etc.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
There's something called "thinking", which you should be perfectly able to do on your own though.
It's like, allthough the bible doesn't say "Thy shall not rape your grandma", doesn't mean the bible want christians to rape their grandmas... Coz it's just twisted and a really fucked up thing to do.

Rofl! :D

<reped> :D

Voted 2hrs ^^

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Said an hour but could agree to 30 mins, it's long enough for people in RvR to move on so you can't log onto a diffrent enemy realm to farm someone you know is sitting on that bridge :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Some delay good, cooling off argument pretty strong. Still voted for 2 hours, in for a penny in for a pound. Ive still not got and alb/mid chars though. (Pryib through and through!)

joap

Fledgling Freddie

You should probably do the same.

You use the bibble to decide what you can and can't do? Guess you're american.

/sarcasm

You can't in reality rape your grandma the same way you can't rape anyone because there are laws against rape. And that is what we are discussing here: laws, that in games, as you probably know, are called rules.
My problem with the OP observation was that he was calling cheating to something that is not. I made no remarks on wether the realm hoping was a desired feature or not.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, let me say that in another way. We all know x-realming (and I call it x-realming, even when the CoC doesn't, because that's what it is) is a very bad thing for the community, which will create frustration and anger and make less people enjoy playing this game. I really do hope you're able to realize that. (X-realming --> make people angry --> less people have fun)

My problem with the OP observation was that he was calling cheating to something that is not. I made no remarks on wether the realm hoping was a desired feature or not.
To me, this sounds like you agree that x-realming is a bad thing. So, why the hell argue against someone you agree with?! We all know what he meant by calling it cheating, and I bet you do to. Just like we call 4 am relic raids for AC raids, even though AC = Alarm Clock, which probably wasn't involved, but we still use the term, because it gets out our opinion, and people understand it. Doesn't matter whether you approve or not of doing them, you still understand the meaning of that term.
So why argue against him? Fun?

Anyhow, I guess this is a conversation that could end up like the "To Add, Or Not To Add" category. It's all part of the game m8s! CoC wants us to do it!!11!

Edit: And no, I'm not an american, nor a christian. There's alot of things the law doesn't say you can't do to your grandma mate, doesn't mean you should do it. Law says don't harm others, CoC says don't grief others; rape = harm, x-realm = grief.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

You use the bibble to decide what you can and can't do? Guess you're american.

/sarcasm

You can't in reality rape your grandma the same way you can't rape anyone because there are laws against rape. And that is what we are discussing here: laws, that in games, as you probably know, are called rules.

You're just being pedantic with definitions. If he didnt say rape his grandma, then how about have consensual sex with his grandma - does that help with the illustration? In anycase I think you knew perfectly well what he was getting at, so why not engage with the spirit of the post which you knew perfectly well?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
That is a BS acusations.

Cheating is defined as an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others[1]. Cheating implies the breaking of rules. The term "cheating" is less applicable to the breaking of laws, as illegal activities are referred to by specific legal terminology such as fraud or corruption. Cheating is a primordial economic act: getting more for less, often used when referring to marital infidelity.

It's an unintentional side effect, not a rule of the game (there is no rule that says "You may log onto one realm, acquire information, then change realm to exploit this information"). Otherwise why would GOA be planning to reintroduce the timer?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

Comparing changing realm and raping your grandma.. THAT is twisted and a really fucked up thing to do

Let ppl play the game however they like.. It is, as some stated, just a game ppl

joap

Fledgling Freddie

I pretty much agree with everything you said Arethir.

I think every BG lead tries his best to throw the enemy off by giving signals that force them to send people to the wrong place at the right time.
Giving or obtaining information about the oposing BG spoils a lot of the fun of the game for me as i believe for many others. And basicaly ensures that the realm with the most people win.

However, i'm not entirely convinved about that a relog timer will do anything to stop that. Many of us have multiple accounts and thus can log in multiple realms, join all the BGs and pass information around at will out of the game. And as long as it is done out of the game it is bloody hard for the GMs to be sure people are crossrealming, and ban them.

joap

Fledgling Freddie
You're just being pedantic with definitions. If he didnt say rape his grandma, then how about have consensual sex with his grandma - does that help with the illustration? In anycase I think you knew perfectly well what he was getting at, so why not engage with the spirit of the post which you knew perfectly well?

Of course i was being pedantic with definitions.
But in the case in point i fail to see how the ability to instantly change realms equals cheating.

Nibble

Part of the furniture
imo no delay, as if you have alts on another realm you wanna play you shoudl be able to without a silly wait, n say if u get bored u have to wait again to log back to your main realm, :)

joap

Fledgling Freddie
It's an unintentional side effect, not a rule of the game (there is no rule that says "You may log onto one realm, acquire information, then change realm to exploit this information").

As you point out, the problem here is the transfer of information between realms.

Having a relog timer will not stop that in the least.
I have 2 accounts. Both have chars on pryd/hib and on exca/mid.
I could log a char in each realm, join the BGs and tell my group in vent where to go. As you see, a relog timer will not stop me from doing that.

Otherwise why would GOA be planning to reintroduce the timer?

Good question :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom