Delay is Official

Ashorn

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly for me, I'm already in the AoC beta and its just not what I am looking for in an MMO so not much help to me !

Luckily I'm also in the WAR beta, so the delay isnt too bad for me. Going to be some unhappy folks around though :)

Dowie

Regular Freddie
Aww, was really hoping the delay wasn't real. Atleast we are getting a polished game at release.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Aww, was really hoping the delay wasn't real. Atleast we are getting a polished game at release.

Trouble is by the time this game is released it will be outdated if they keep pushing back like this.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure this was the last push-back though. I'm not even sure they'll actually wait till september to release... might be august too (oh man, that would cool... my B-day is the first of august, say they release the game at that date: WAR for my B-day! would be awesome :) ).
Why do I believe this? No, it's not shere optimism! I'm thinking of those movies from gamespot and IGN, where they said they were only polishing the game now, so I think in a month or 2 the game will actually be polished up, ready to let the big masses try it out (so open beta at that point, guild beta maybe a month before that). Then you have a few months of open beta running, and after that release date. So anyways, because they said they're only polishing the game right now, I'm inclined to believe this has been the last release date push-back.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well, we can now stop driving nate nuts :)

Ah well, at least they are telling us why its being done. I hate it when developers dange a relese date in front of you then change it 2 weeks to release... its bloody annoying. So, I guess the mods wont be nicking any merch for another comp then... bummer.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH

no guarantee of a polished game m8 or another delay for that matter the longer the game is put back the more likely it is that other ppl will have settled in other games personally i cant see this as anything other than a PR disaster as they didnt even butter the community up to soften the blow

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure this was the last push-back though. I'm not even sure they'll actually wait till september to release... might be august too (oh man, that would cool... my B-day is the first of august, say they release the game at that date: WAR for my B-day! would be awesome :) ).
Why do I believe this? No, it's not shere optimism! I'm thinking of those movies from gamespot and IGN, where they said they were only polishing the game now, so I think in a month or 2 the game will actually be polished up, ready to let the big masses try it out (so open beta at that point, guild beta maybe a month before that). Then you have a few months of open beta running, and after that release date. So anyways, because they said they're only polishing the game right now, I'm inclined to believe this has been the last release date push-back.

Even so..... you could be right, but what I still think is a bad move is to just casually announce this just before the big countdown timer thing ends........ its kinda taken all the hype and shine away from finding out the news when it ticks down.

Poor move imho.

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
Why are they doing this?! Do they want people to leave WAR and play AoC or WoTLK instead?

A really stupid idea...

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Why are they doing this?! Do they want people to leave WAR and play AoC or WoTLK instead?

A really stupid idea...

Ok then, go play Tabula Rasa, then tell me its a stupid idea to do a proper job. Better yet, play Hellgate too.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie

A really stupid idea...

Well AoC was always going to be out first -gives us more time to burn that out
WotLK - Will make/break WoW again - it'll keep the Wow l33t interested once they get bored with AoC, thus no tards in WAR PLUS the good ones will realise it's same old same old once they burnt thru the content within a month.. jumping to WAR, which hopeful will get good comments from those going stirght in

I see it as a good thing as players will jump to WAR quicker from letdowns due to overhype then get hooked, then the reserse which could have pulled them out of WAR due to the hypeomatic from those two already.. Give them the bad first that makes the good SO much better

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
no guarantee of a polished game m8 or another delay for that matter the longer the game is put back the more likely it is that other ppl will have settled in other games personally i cant see this as anything other than a PR disaster as they didnt even butter the community up to soften the blow

This is what I reckon aswell..... you took thw words out of my mouth.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
well it's better knowing now then 2-3 weeks before the release (like Funcom did with AoC), like i said it's hurt now but the closer we get again the more players will want to play... plus I'd rather them target the loyal WH fans then just go off the hype train, those on that will jump ship now..
Remember EA and Mythic not expecting WAR to be a massive hit from day 1 will the whole of WoW's playerbase like most of these publishers are hoping since WoW's 'success' (Vanguard, Microsoft with Marvel online, TR to name a few), they want a '#2' which will happen if AoC is billed 'the next big thing' let WoW and AoC fight it out, WAR is like the Wii of MMOs atm, they just want a good game not a cash cow.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Can't say this wasn't expected apart by the fan boys or eager ones.
All is on track etc....

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Well there was no set date.. even the fanboys were basing it all on hope ( I was)

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get all the people giving it the whole 'RIGHT THATS IT MYTHIC! IM OFF TO AGE OF CONAN SO NER!'.

Yeah it's fustrating, but surely the reason your fustrated is because your looking forward to WAR that much! Do you really expect anyone to believe that just because they decided to delay it, the game isn't going to appeal to you as much as it did initially?

At the end of the day, you'll enjoy WAR not because of the time it came out, but because of the quality of the game, the exact same applies to AoC.

So come on guys, lets be grown ups about this (unless you genuinley are a kid, in which case fair play - i'd probably be kicking and screaming at this point also :-P).

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
personally im not sayin i wont play war i know i will im just fed up of the wait yes i am desperate to play it, so i need something to take my mind off it.
if i aint gonna get in beta i may as well play AoC theres a chance i may stay there yes but im just not prepared to sit at my pc for 6 months hoping i get a chance of beta etc and like ive said before its not the waiting thats generally pissing ppl off its the fact that it keeps gettin put back EA mythic know they gonna annoy ppl when they keep knockin it back

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
personally im not sayin i wont play war i know i will im just fed up of the wait yes i am desperate to play it, so i need something to take my mind off it.
if i aint gonna get in beta i may as well play AoC theres a chance i may stay there yes but im just not prepared to sit at my pc for 6 months hoping i get a chance of beta etc and like ive said before its not the waiting thats generally pissing ppl off its the fact that it keeps gettin put back EA mythic know they gonna annoy ppl when they keep knockin it back

My point exactly, not saying I'm not going to play WAR now..... I know I will, its just that I was not going to even look at AoC and wait for WOW, cant leave my PC here for 6 months gathering dust however...... and like Chipper said people are just tired of the let downs now.

We've never even come close to a definate release date and now its been pushed back again???

From the small amount of info we are getting from beta and interviews with Paul and Mark, they are saying the game is pretty much finished? so why another 6 months.

I understand the 'lets wait until its perfect' but no MMO is ever going to be perfect and 100% on release, imo its totally impossible.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Folks, what did you really expect? Guilds are not even in (and surely they will be the super core of the beta testing) and they had nuff feedback from Beta to work almost 2 months with Beta shut down.
As i already said back in the days when then 1st delay came out, they look into having 2-3 months of full work when all Guild Beta testing feedback will be in their hands, expect another delay to Winter 2008 imo.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I cant help having doubts about the guild beta sadly. We were invited ages ago and have heard nothing. No dev has posted a thing about it for god knows how long :(

edit- As for the release date, have to admit i am disappointed but if its going to be a better game i'm sure its worth it :)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
i 4t it was just never going to happen and they would release the game in June :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom