Delator v 2.0

S

shape

why will barrys not support this excellent anti cheat program by allowing a upload of its file to the server, many other server providers offer this support don't get me wrong but why condone cheating we can't beat it but this program goes some way to combatting your average cheater.
please reply admin so i can give our clan as reason.
regards shape :)

J

joe_black

Hi Shape,

I have informed BarrysWorld that unless we get the mods we want on our server we will be leaving them for Jolt or BlueYonder or any other company that allows ftp access. It is not only frustrating but usually pointless as well to ask BW to add such a mod as you refer to because they won't do it.

Cheating is widespread and BW has to help the honest gamers combat it with all the resources available to them. It not only makes good customer relations sense, it makes good business sense as well because more people would use BW and stay with them.

Please BW, can you give us ftp access to our servers?

S

shape

I have been in talks with many other clans on allied assualt who also assure me that they have asked barrys for this anti cheat program to be available to them on there servers but none as yet have an answer to post in allied assualt, in regards to your public relations aspect if it is not available at barry's then they obviously condone cheating and our clan for one will be taking our custom else where, no big upset to barry's but i know they won't be getting many good posts in other game forums when someone asks for a good server provider recommendation.
just why not is the question please admin.
awaiting reply regards shape :)

J

joe_black

I wouldn't say BarrysWorld condone cheating but they are supporting it, all be it inadvertently. BW aren't daft and they know that cheats make up a huge slice of their customers, so annoying these "customers" isn't something they want to do. Of course they'll never admit it publicly but the suits will have decided this in the smoke filled rooms of BW.

Money talks however, and when the profits start to fall the suits will do what their customers wanted years before. So all I can say is start scouting about now for the best server deals, where ftp comes as standard.

B

boredguy

Well, Delator 2 has been added to the Default MoH on our class D server, which took us a bit by surprise.

All we need now is for SH to have a anti-cheat as well :)

J

joe_black

We have Class D, where is the Delator option then?

B

bigfoot

This isn't really the place to post about this as the server admins hardly ever (if at all) read these forums. As far as the Delator mod goes it is being installed at the moment, I believe Deathace will mail out to all BarryServer owners with further details when this process is finished with an explanation as to how to work the software and what features it offers (as not all are possible). I should mention that it will be running on all MoH servers (perhaps SH too I don't know the mod in enough detail to say if it works), there will be no option to turn it off as it simply is impossible to have it installed and functioning otherwise.

As for your comments about FTP access joe_black, it would be impossible to give you FTP access to add mods / game files within our current system and, as far as i know, we have no plans to move to the generic kind of server provision that Jolt & others use, it simply doesn't fit in with what we are aiming to provide. That is not to say that FTP access to add maps and skins might not happen at some point in the future, but if you are looking for a fully DIY approach then you would be better served elsewhere that is true.

J

joe_black

Cheers Bigfoot,

Always a straight answer from you. I think =SF= will stay with BarrysWorld if two things happen. SPEARHEAD gets a good realism mod installed yesterday and Delator too. There are now some good realism mods out there and SPEARHEAD desperately needs this to happen. EA's realism is more in tune with Hollywood than a WW2 multiplayer.

Take a look at Sitting Duck's mod for starters.

Joe

B

boredguy

Well, we tried the Delator 2 last night while Running Moh, and yes it detects a few bits and pieces, (as long as your remember to run the admin client). We won't be running it again, as it's already been bypassed by hackers, or so people are saying on other forums, and I believe them.

We will continue to run the DMW scanner ourselves when we run MOH.

Interesting that Delator was put on, but not any of the other server side one's like Timber's CODE, but I suppose one step at a time :)

B

bigfoot

What MoH really needs is some proper anti-cheat software & some work spent on it by EA, PunkBuster might be a good start on the first point as it has done a reasonable job on Quake 3, SoF2 and RtCW, all be it with some problems due to the semi-professional nature of the software. Unfortunately as you alluded to before Joe, EA don't have the attention to detail that a serious FPS game seems to need, although I hope that will change over time.

P

Pac^

apparently EA are considering speaking to EvenBalance about the introduction of Punkbuster
FYI: All cheating is being addressed as we know what the cheat is. If you've found a cheat, and have the steps to reproduce it, then send it over along with screen shots, map name, or anything else you think would help us locate it and crush it. I will also be talking to our TD about using Punk Buster to help out.

Send the repro steps to the following e-mail address:

vmercieca@ea.com

Thank you for your continued support!

-Vex

whether this is a concerted effort into cutting down the cheating in MOH/SH or simply more PR "smoke & mirrors" only time will tell.

PS. Realism mods are for girls Joe..you know that! :p

J

joe_black

The DMW scanner wouldn't work for us. I don't know why but there you go, it didn't.

This might make you smile. I ran the server one day under sv_pure and a full server emptied in seconds. Out of 20+ players not one remained on the server, lol.

I just want to see a realism mod available for Spearhead and for it to be easier to get things put into the servers we rent. I recall asking about 5 months ago if we could have Bazooka Joe's anti-swear filter on our server but nothing came of it.

Last night I played on the BW-UK server, a Jolt server. It was well set up with the best software available to them. A realism mod, anti cheat software, message of the day and other stuff. Surely BW can see that unless they go down the same road they're going to lose business.

BarrysWorld has a lot going for it. The BarrysBank facility is really handy, BW has an established name and set up, the majority of BW servers are well run, but at the end of the day the more choice you give a person the happier they are going to be.

Currently =SF= are voting on whether we move to Jolt or stay with BW, the vote currently stands at 100% to Jolt with a quarter of our members having voted.

--

Just saw this;
"PS. Realism mods are for girls Joe..you know that!"

LOL, just call me Kate and pass the chocolate. ;o)

B

boredguy

The DMW scanner requires that the DMW clan add the server details to the database, and that you have the admin tool running to scan the server, which we used to do while playing MOH:AA (We have 1 PC on 24/7 to run Crows Autokick, Wilco and also any Anti-Cheat Admin tools we want.)

We had a BW guy join us for a IRC meeting the other week and explained why we can't have FTP, and it's to do with the way the web front end works.

We've also been looking to move, but to be honest, it's a catch 22 situation, as some of our members are international, and get bad lag on most servers execpt BW, but of course due to the setup of BW, custom config of games/mods is not possible

P

Pac^

dunno if you've noticed but Dogtagz and timbers|CODE have been added to the Barryservers and are configurable under the cheat protection tab when running the server under MOHAA default modes. I believe work is being undertaken to get it working with the other moh mods already available.
I'm sure the server bods will enlighten us further as the work is completed.

B

boredguy

Yep, had noticed them.

Next time our server is in MOH:AA mode we will be trying them :)

J

joe_black

Time to update your cheat protection guys. Delator isn't cutting the mustard I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread