Defending the Phoenix Nest

S

Shanaia

Beh server down... reading trough some old stories... I like this one. Hope you do too.

I think I may have already posted this one on BW... so if you know it already ... sowwy.

===================================

Night had fallen over Caer Unseen. The nightshift just started and looking out a window Shanaia sees some of them speed by. She takes her fur coat off and hangs it over a chair. The fire is heating the room nicely now and at the same time it gives the room a nice flikkering glow.

Shanaia had done her last paperwork by the light of the fire. She didn't want to wake up Ociros who was sleeping on the sofa in the corner. Now the fire drew her attention. Although teal was her favorite color she admired the shades of red and yellow a good fire could have.

Three soft knocks on the door interrupt Shanaia's drifting thoughts. She tiptoes to the door and quietly unlocks it. A finger on her lips shows the scout on he other side to be quiet.

"9 Are attacking Hurbury milady. Reinforcements have just left Caste Sauvage." - The young Saracen Scout reports. "Thanks, please tell the guards to go to alert level 6." - Shanaia whispers back before shutting the door softly.

Tiptoeing to her armor Shanaia looks at Ociros. He had a hard day of giantbashing and with reinforcements already on their way she would let him sleep. 3 Minutes later Shanaia stands ready out front of Caer Unseen. Arrows counted and armor on straight. A quick salute and Shanaia runs off.

"As if." - She clearly recognizes Ociros' voice. Shanaia looks over her shoulder and smiles at Ociros. "Can't keep anything from you can I?" "Not if it involves me sleeping when I should be there to protect you! Where are we going anyway?" - Ociros says grinning. "Hurbury, 9 attacking we will be the first defenders there but reinforcements on their way from the south." - Shanaia replies pondering if she left something out. "Guards waking up at Caer Unseen?" - Ociros asks as Shanaia left that out. "Aye I think alert level 6 should keep us safe." Ociros nods as he takes point running to Hurbury. The Phoenix Legion has claimed Hurbury and they helped defend Caer Unseen a lot the past few days. Shanaia almost felt good about being able to do something back now although having a keep under attack is never good.

The contours of Hurbury show in the distance. "Ok sprint angel, and good luck getting in." - Ociros announced they were to storm in. "You too!"

The enemy was on the second door. Bad news. Shanaia and Ociros were in deed the first ones in and they went straight up on the battlements. The attacking group seemed to consist mostly of fighters. A healer and a bonedancer were standing a bit back from the door. Shanaia aims her bow at the healer and gets ready to shoot. A sharp pain goes trough her body circling out from her lower back. A shadowblade got her good and the attack of the second shadowblade is enough to knock her unconscious. Still hitting the first Ociros slams the second enemy. "Noooo" he yells and one of the assassins jumps over the wall. The second gets out of his stun and jumps over as well. "Wimps" Ociros yells after them while starting his prayer for Shanaia.

Shanaia wakes up and looks in Ociros' eyes. "Welcome back angel." he says. 6 more Albions have made it to Hurbury and the inner door is about to fall.

The friends decide to fight the fight on the upper stairs where they'll have the advantage of the element of surprise. With 2 minstrels they might have a good chance to stop the enemy while they're rushing up. Shanaia feels the blood rushing trough her veins like burning iron about to be molded in the shape of a perfect arrowhead. She lays her bow down beside her as in the tight spaces there will be little room for arrowflinging.

"They're coming up!" someone announces. It was unnecessary as one only needs to hear a troll come up a flight of stairs once to remember and recognize the sound for ever.

A Norseman shows his face around the corner and a sharp yell by one of the minstrels freezes him in his place. The other minstrel begins playing his song and that is the sign for the rest to storm down and start hitting the enemy.

The first 2 go down in no time flat. A third Norse is badly hurt and starts moving down the stairs again. "He can't be allowed to reach his healer" Shanaia realizes and she slips past a fighting troll and slams the Norse from behind. Another slam and another and the Norse tips over. Suddenly realizing she followed the Norseman down between 3 of his friends Shanaia decides this might not be the best place to be at the moment. Running up she manages to slam the troll which seems to be reluctant to fall. She grabs her bow and aims for the trolls ear. Before she releases her arrow the troll hits the stone floor. Another sound one only needs to hear once to remember for ever.

"Good fight all" - Someone yells. "One is fleeing we're on him but this one is for Albion."
Shanaia releases her arrow at the death troll. Ociros looks up and looks surprised. "I think we got him already Shan." Shanaia grins. "I'll send an apology letter to his family."

After fixing the doors back to a respectable level Shanaia follows Ociros back to Caer Unseen. "Did you see me go after that Norse? I slammed him down and none of his friends dared to touch me!" Ociros grins and doesn't reply. He doesn't mind that that was the third time she told him.

A

Addlcove

hehe.... somehow that is easy imagining.....

S

Shanaia

<pokes Addlcove>

what do you mean by that?

btw story happened about 90% like that ... just "dramatised" the chatting :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Shanaia
After fixing the doors back to a respectable level Shanaia follows Ociros back to Caer Unseen. "Did you see me go after that Norse? I slammed him down and none of his friends dared to touch me!" Ociros grins and doesn't reply. He doesn't mind that that was the third time she told him.

typical you really <grin>

S

Shanaia

what can I say ... I am a good writer ... I captured the true spirit of .. ehh .. me :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Shanaia
what can I say ... I am a good writer ... I captured the true spirit of .. ehh .. me :p

aye THAT you did <laugh>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom