defencive bonus on styles

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
what do they mean exactly

say on my reaver boonslang has a high defensive bonus, what does that mean

does it mean that the next time i get attacked i'll have a higher chance to parry/evade/block ???

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
what do they mean exactly

say on my reaver boonslang has a high defensive bonus, what does that mean

does it mean that the next time i get attacked i'll have a higher chance to parry/evade/block ???

No, it means the chance of the opponent outright missing you is greater.

Darzil

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
nope.... its your defence bonuses that go up a bit.

so you will have a higher chance of evade/parry/block next attack imo

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil is correct. It means the chance of the enemy missing you is greater. Like the defensive bonus in Catacombs items. You have block bonus, parry bonus, evade bonus, and defense bonus for block/parry/evade/miss.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Vell said:
Darzil is correct. It means the chance of the enemy missing you is greater. Like the defensive bonus in Catacombs items. You have block bonus, parry bonus, evade bonus, and defense bonus for block/parry/evade/miss.

Nope that's wrong afaik.

Defensive bonus on styles makes the chance of you doing any defensive action bigger it does not make the opponents chance to miss bigger.

Easiest example of this is the hamstring style on assassins (in the Critical Strike line). It's an after evade style with a defensive bonus and once you get it off you will see a rather large increase in your chances to evade after that... often in fights once I get it off I'll just be doing the Hamstring chain since I'll pretty much keep evading.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Darzil said:
No, it means the chance of the opponent outright missing you is greater.

Darzil

RvR answer

Kaun_IA said:
nope.... its your defence bonuses that go up a bit.

so you will have a higher chance of evade/parry/block next attack imo

PvE answer

They both have different results as do many things in daoc when it comes to PvE and RvR. Although I am inclined to agree with shanaia as I have found the same thing to happen my self, that is the offical reasoning behind it. Personally I think code just gets messed up sometimes and you end up getting the PvE bonus in RvR and vice versa from time to time :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom