Default web browser

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hi chums

They've installed google chrome here at work, and it's taken over as the default web browser. How do I change it back to Internet Explorer?

Thank you very glad

Bahumat

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Hi chums

They've installed google chrome here at work, and it's taken over as the default web browser. How do I change it back to Internet Explorer?

Thank you very glad

Open ie. if you don't get prompted go into tools > Internet options and its on the page where you set the homepage URL. A box says something like "warn me if this is not the default browser" or "set this as the default browser".

Can also do it in control panel.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Control Panel -> Programs -> Default Programs - Set Default Programs

opticle

Part of the furniture
Why would you want to do this ?

At work they had IE on all the machines. I installed Chrome. It runs about 10x faster. The world is a better place.

Admittedly they are old and shitty machines and it is an old version of IE (they wouldn't cope with the new one, and they're still on XP).

throdgrain

FH is my second home
There had to be one ... :p

Chrome is ok, I actually use it for playing the radio and some advertising tools as I find if I leave IE on the same thing for a long time it becomes progressively slower as it eats up all the memory. However I also use a online sales diary thing that will only work in IE for some annoying reason, which is why I need to change the default browser, and also I need to buy a bit more memory too :p

Anyway,Bahumat - thanks :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
IE9 is pretty good imo. Used IE from the time I started on computers and never really got around to changing my habits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom