Resolved Default post font

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
...is rubbish.

All the other fonts used around the site are pretty clean and modern, this one here looks really old fashioned, a bit too Times New Roman for my liking.

Also, it has problems with defining what's what. Is this a o or a 0?

(first one is the letter, second is the number, you can barely distinguish between them)

Any chance we can change it to something less traditional and something a bit smoother and easier to read?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sorry Wazz, I don't agree at all. I can clearly distinguish between the letter and the number, the font is clean and very readable.

I think you should seriously check your browser settings if you think those characters look anything alike. The zero is nearly double the height of the o and less rounded.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's nowhere near twice the size, they're nearly identical. Browser font settings are all on the default.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
...is rubbish.

All the other fonts used around the site are pretty clean and modern, this one here looks really old fashioned, a bit too Times New Roman for my liking.

Also, it has problems with defining what's what. Is this a o or a 0?

(first one is the letter, second is the number, you can barely distinguish between them)

Any chance we can change it to something less traditional and something a bit smoother and easier to read?

They're nowhere near identical. :\

And your wrongness is about to be immortalised.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm using the white theme, the font appears to be different to that which you see on the green theme. Probably why you guys aren't seeing it. Of course if I could upload an attachment I could show you but I can't :D

FreddysHouse

The Boss
Staff member
I'm using the white theme, the font appears to be different to that which you see on the green theme. Probably why you guys aren't seeing it. Of course if I could upload an attachment I could show you but I can't :D

Try now :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I know, and he's a BW original too. Should be lead out the back and left alone with Wij. Again.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Let's be honest here.

The green theme has great nostalgia value.

It has fucking awful aesthetic value.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nope, I find it highly readable. Hence why I hate reading forums that don't use it :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's very readable, but then I didn't say it wasn't. I said its aesthetics are poor. :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah I think it looks great too. It even makes your silly match avatar look half decent.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I wouldn't mind a more modern green theme, but it's very dated IMO.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Also, is there a way to set your posting font to a different one/size by default?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wazzerphuk said:
It's very readable, but then I didn't say it wasn't. I said its aesthetics are poor. :)
Says the man who's income depends on a database having a pretty GUI ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom